Prefabs and Decorating.

Infernixx

These are my thoughts and suggestions regarding crafting Prefabs of all kinds and the decorations that they're tied to.

For those not yet aware, here's how it works. MK-1 kits use green mats, MK-2 kits use blue-quality stuff and MK-3 kits use purple quality mats. Appropriately enough, the Mk-1 decorations are the most basic and plain, the MK-2 stuff looks better and is more useful and MK-3s are required for all things great and awesome looking when it comes to crafting.

Here's what I've found to be utterly invaluable: Stay crafting. All the time that you're online. Constantly be sending 4 of your companions out to gather, use your ship droid to craft(assuming you've got him outfitted with the +Crit parts.) Keep your alts busy by sending them out either to get MK-2 mats or MK-3 mats so you're not having to constantly be logging into them to gather send them back out again. Sending them out after MK-2 or MK-3 mats means you'll still need to log into them about every 30 mins to 40 mins to get mats and resend them.

Bear in mind that if the missions you want aren't there, simply travel to your SH and the missions will change. If you still don't have the ones you want, then Fleet Pass back to Fleet and repeat as needed. It's so quick, that you'd be foolish not to take advantage of this aspect.

You want your companions at max affection and all the appropriate Legacy perks activated regarding crafting.

MK-3 Prefab kits can crit and give you a x2 result.

More things:

Gree Vendors have awesome rewards and they're for Gree Helix components. Stupidly cheap.

Every rep Vendor has some rewards. Oricon has an amazing looking Sith Mantle piece for one MK-3.

DS and LS vendors have two really cool decorations( Lightsaber Forges) 'and' two titles for your Stronghold: Temple of Light and Sith Academy.

Every decoration you pick up 'can' be put up on the GTN for resale. So even if you get all that you want, you can still make the stuff and resell it for great profit. Some come with conditions, like Rep requirements or alignment requirements.

Above all else, 'stay crafting' all the time you're out and playing at other things. Stay Crafting. Stay Crafting. Anytime your companions are inactive is wasted time and money.

Lastly, always try to set your companions up to craft the really 'long' stuff when you're getting ready to call it a night. The Dark Projects, MK-3s, Invasion Forces items.

Too many hoops to jump through even for the MK-1 stuff, especially if you want universal. Pass.

Well, as I said, if you don't want to craft them, you can always buy them off the GTN. Just wait a week for the undercutters to go to work.

These are my thoughts and suggestions regarding crafting Prefabs of all kinds and the decorations that they're tied to.

For those not yet aware, here's how it works. MK-1 kits use green mats, MK-2 kits use blue-quality stuff and MK-3 kits use purple quality mats. Appropriately enough, the Mk-1 decorations are the most basic and plain, the MK-2 stuff looks better and is more useful and MK-3s are required for all things great and awesome looking when it comes to crafting.

Here's what I've found to be utterly invaluable: Stay crafting. All the time that you're online. Constantly be sending 4 of your companions out to gather, use your ship droid to craft(assuming you've got him outfitted with the +Crit parts.) Keep your alts busy by sending them out either to get MK-2 mats or MK-3 mats so you're not having to constantly be logging into them to gather send them back out again. Sending them out after MK-2 or MK-3 mats means you'll still need to log into them about every 30 mins to 40 mins to get mats and resend them.

Bear in mind that if the missions you want aren't there, simply travel to your SH and the missions will change. If you still don't have the ones you want, then Fleet Pass back to Fleet and repeat as needed. It's so quick, that you'd be foolish not to take advantage of this aspect.

You want your companions at max affection and all the appropriate Legacy perks activated regarding crafting.

More things:

Gree Vendors have awesome rewards and they're for Gree Helix components. Stupidly cheap.

Every rep Vendor has some rewards. Oricon has an amazing looking Sith Mantle piece for one MK-3.

DS and LS vendors have two really cool decorations( Lightsaber Forges) 'and' two titles for your Stronghold: Temple of Light and Sith Academy.

Every decoration you pick up 'can' be put up on the GTN for resale. So even if you get all that you want, you can still make the stuff and resell it for great profit. Some come with conditions, like Rep requirements or alignment requirements.

Above all else, 'stay crafting' all the time you're out and playing at other things. Stay Crafting. Stay Crafting. Anytime your companions are inactive is wasted time and money.

Lastly, always try to set your companions up to craft the really 'long' stuff when you're getting ready to call it a night. The Dark Projects, MK-3s, Invasion Forces items.

I thought the guild ships would only be so tedious, but decorating the basic housing is also completely a credit sink.

I did do some crafting today: enough to set up a GTN and cargo hold, alongside the provided legacy storage and mailbox. Placed them by the entrance to the stronghold.

As much as I'd like to decorate the place (which would be fun), the credits involved, and the process (quite nicely detailed by the OP), is simply too much for anyone who doesn't play all SWTOR all day.

As described in the OP, it sounds more like a job to have the opportunity to decorate your stronghold than anything that's actually fun.

I like what BW made, it's polished and neat to have a chance to use it. Unfortunately, the time and credits being asked is way over the top.

I don't believe this is correct. I'm looking at my schematics and the Mk-1 and Mk-2 prefabs just require the earlier level blue and purple mats, though some do have green mats like color crystals for example. Unless you're speaking strictly of the Universal Prefabs, in which case my mistake for the misunderstanding.

I like what BW made, it's polished and neat to have a chance to use it. Unfortunately, the time and credits being asked is way over the top.

Basically this. The time... well, I don't have to get it done NOW... so that would have been ok. Except I'd need it to run dailies to get enough credits. Suddenly switching mods in level 55 gear doesn't feel that expensive anymore. :D

They're making crafting way too tedious.

This coming from a guy that uses a stop watch to sends 6 alt worth of companions out on missions every ~40 minutes for hours on end to maximize resource gathering.

9 companions if I need different types of material. Which is looking like I'll need to do more often.

Edited by Vinak

Well, as I said, if you don't want to craft them, you can always buy them off the GTN. Just wait a week for the undercutters to go to work.

Actually the undercutting has already begun. They were over 400k on JC down to 200k plus. Waiting a week is a good idea though. I have sold 40 today Guess it isn't such a bad idea to keep your mats. That and the Legacy Storage is the best thing since popcorn.

I got seventeen FREE universal MK-1 prefabs last night - on each of my alts. I'm on Red Eclipse, so undercutting's somewhat horrible - I sold it all(and all the prefabs I could craft) in the beginning, selling this morning's leftovers now, but the prices keep falling; soon enough the raw mats will be more expensive than prefabs themselves.

Don't know how the things are on the Progenitor - there should be fewer crafters there. Will find out tonight.

Edited by Kulyok

I thought the guild ships would only be so tedious, but decorating the basic housing is also completely a credit sink.

I did do some crafting today: enough to set up a GTN and cargo hold, alongside the provided legacy storage and mailbox. Placed them by the entrance to the stronghold.

As much as I'd like to decorate the place (which would be fun), the credits involved, and the process (quite nicely detailed by the OP), is simply too much for anyone who doesn't play all SWTOR all day.

As described in the OP, it sounds more like a job to have the opportunity to decorate your stronghold than anything that's actually fun.

Re: the bolded - HOW? This should be obvious to me, it's not. I asked a couple of friends in game, it wasn't apparent to them either; they just pointed me to the CM (the bundle offered there includes a few GTN terminals). I've looked at each trainer for schematics, put all three droids in each of my strongholds and looked through their offerings...I just don't see GTN nor cargo options. Am I simply missing it? Talk to me like I'm a moron. You don't even have to pretend.

If you want to buy a GTN terminal in-game - there is a new human vendor in the Stronghold area, they stand in a line of three. One of them should sell GTNs, cargo bays etc. for several universal prefabs.

Ah, ok, thanks. So you craft the prefabs, then buy from a vendor. That makes sense; you aren't crafting the terminal directly.

I remember those vendors, and I thought I checked their wares, but I'll look again in a bit. Yesterday the whole thing was a little overwhelming, not surprised I missed it.

More things:

This is all great advice Infernixx IMO. Thanks.

Remember your ABCs...Always Be Crafting Something :)

First prize is a Command Walker, second prize is a set of off-hands for your companions, and third prize is you're /gkicked.

Re: the bolded - HOW? This should be obvious to me, it's not. I asked a couple of friends in game, it wasn't apparent to them either; they just pointed me to the CM (the bundle offered there includes a few GTN terminals). I've looked at each trainer for schematics, put all three droids in each of my strongholds and looked through their offerings...I just don't see GTN nor cargo options. Am I simply missing it? Talk to me like I'm a moron. You don't even have to pretend.

If u go to the right side of the top level of the crew skill/strongholds area, and go to the Droid on the left, behind him is the utility vendor.