Neutral story?

Swarlesx

Has anyone played the story as neutral alignment? If so, how was it?

Very neutral...

In all seriousness you don't really get rewarded for being neutral so most people go for kill even babies sith or save everyone light side. Shame, could have made so many shades of gray for those of us who walked a middle path.

That is one of biggest fails of TOR (and most games). In TOR, for lightside Sith you are actually a traitor. And darkside you are... a traitor. The difference is that in light you are doing it willingly, and in dark because you are stupid.

Example 1. On Korriban you may save Jedi. Going light means that you inform him of Sith manipulation and betray the Empire. Outside of some RP why would anyone playing Sith want to betray the Empire? Evil is not informing him. What the hell is evil this? And what good is in informing the Jedi? Your actions are based on politics (betray the Empire or not) and not on moral choices.

Example 2. On Balmorra you may choose between killing a Republic general or not. Of course killing him is evil, not is light but... NOT killing him serves the Empire more then going dark and cuting that guy down. If you go light you give Empire a valuable prisoner. So by the ex.1 it should be dark - you are advancing the interests of Empire. You it is light because... dunno.

So by those examples, if you were to play good Sith (good - loyal servant of Empire) you should be grey: lightside choice for Balmora (not killing general) and darkside for Korriban (not informing Jedi).

Yet there are no rewards for going the middle road.

Most play dark or light. I play light healer sorc (Sith Red Cross), but the more I play the more I'm inclined to simply go gray and choose whatever choices will be logical for a loyal Sith, good servant of Empire (and his own interests). Cause currently I play a traitor to the Empire and I DO NOT LIKE IT (you hear me, Bioware?).

Edited by AiienTeer

Aactually on balmorra you can pick the dark choice and still take in the general and the rebels if you talk to darth lachris about it after the dark choice is made she says "you gave me something just as good".

Not a big fan of the expression "spoiler alert" are ya? :confused:

That is one of biggest fails of TOR (and most games). In TOR, for lightside Sith you are actually a traitor. And darkside you are... a traitor. The difference is that in light you are doing it willingly, and in dark because you are stupid.

Example 1. On Korriban you may save Jedi. Going light means that you inform him of Sith manipulation and betray the Empire. Outside of some RP why would anyone playing Sith want to betray the Empire? Evil is not informing him. What the hell is evil this? And what good is in informing the Jedi? Your actions are based on politics (betray the Empire or not) and not on moral choices.

Example 2. On Balmorra you may choose between killing a Republic general or not. Of course killing him is evil, not is light but... NOT killing him serves the Empire more then going dark and cuting that guy down. If you go light you give Empire a valuable prisoner. So by the ex.1 it should be dark - you are advancing the interests of Empire. You it is light because... dunno.

So by those examples, if you were to play good Sith (good - loyal servant of Empire) you should be grey: lightside choice for Balmora (not killing general) and darkside for Korriban (not informing Jedi).

Yet there are no rewards for going the middle road.

Most play dark or light. I play light healer sorc (Sith Red Cross), but the more I play the more I'm inclined to simply go gray and choose whatever choices will be logical for a loyal Sith, good servant of Empire (and his own interests). Cause currently I play a traitor to the Empire and I DO NOT LIKE IT (you hear me, Bioware?).

Dark and light is NOT about serving the empire or republic, its about morals, dark choices are always morally "wrong" and light choices are correct. Killing someone is dark, regardless of whom he is, lying is dark, etc...

You dont seem to grasp what the system is based on at all :p

Dark and light is NOT about serving the empire or republic, its about morals, dark choices are always morally "wrong" and light choices are correct. Killing someone is dark, regardless of whom he is, lying is dark, etc...

You dont seem to grasp what the system is based on at all :p

oh yea like it is so moral to inject a lethal amount of toxin into some water supplies killing off people who don't want to be slaves(light side choice).