Who did you pick for you're XO?

DragonAgeOrgins

There are two choices. It's in the start of ACT 1. I attached a video to those who can't remember. I gave the nod to that beautiful woman. She seemed to know about a ton of what she was doing. She was main person to heal my during attacks.

The other guy has experience and I trust him but she seemed to have that extra stuff I was looking for. To be fair I both asked them questions.

Also second question. Does killing the guy or not at End of ACT. Make any difference?

Video of Act 1 Ending http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE8ZARhVS_g&feature=youtu.be

Video Of picking my XO for start of Act 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VG9q5lRfH_c&feature=youtu.be

I heard people say act 1 ending was so great. I didn't see what was all that great. That's just me though

I like Elara, she is one of my favorite companions in the game, but for the character which I am playing as, I felt Aric fit better. I picked Aric because he has experience, and is someone who is about "doing stuff" rather than bureaucracy.

I am in the middle of act 3, minor potential spoiler:

I'm a bit disappointed though that after that choice was made, I don't think that this has ever been referred to in the game (maybe it has, but then it's been in a way that I didn't notice it). I was hoping that the choice would have played some part in the story somehow.

I picked Elara, because Aric seemed too 'in-the-moment' and Elara seems like she's a superior tactician. Aric is too biased and unruly - too emotional, too out of control.

It didn't have any effect on my story whatsoever. I'm pretty sure I could've rejected Elara and she still would've married me.

Aric. He's more field experience, and he seems to be more mature, overall.

As for promoting your romance option. Shame on you. I'd kick you off the force if I became aware of such blatant nepotism and corruption.

Edited by Helig

Had to go with Aric. He didnt deserve the demotion they gave him. It just put things back as they should have been. Also he helped you get everythign sorted out in early times the hard times before any of the other companions were around. Aric was there when you had no one else to depend on.

Aric. He's more field experience, and he seems to be more mature, overall.

As for promoting your romance option. Shame on you. I'd kick you off the force if I became aware of such blatant nepotism and corruption.

Cant kick the leader of Havoc off...besides, who says i am not giving Aric some romance as well? :i_confused:

Tough call and I think i am going to pick Dorne. IMO Jorgan is such *** at beginning for troopers. People are usually feel bad his lose his position, however I feel if he didn't over focus on hazing the new member, he might notice something.

Dorne also said Jorgan is easy effect by his emotion eg he wants trooper to kill Tavus even Tavus has surrender to player. Jorgan didn't want player kill Tavus for justice of republic, he wants player to kill Tavus due to Tavus cost Jogan's LT position. (Which means if Havoc is trapped at some planet again without support, Jorgan may end up as new Tavus.)

Edited by hchsiao

But she's not a ho...:cool:

I beg to differ based on most of the outfits I've seen her in...

Picked Aric even though I thought it would affect possible relationship options with Elara later on. Glad it doesn't, but it's also kind of a bummer that it doesn't have any other impact on the story (so far).

I choose Aric Jorgan, for various reasons :

- His experience with his former squad fit jobs of the Havoc Squad.

- Has already worked with the Havoc Squad

- It was his former rank before he was unfairly punished.

All of these reasons make think he will make a better second in command. I'm not saying Dorne will be bad, but Jorgan really merits it. If I could promote someone next, Dorne will be my choice.

I choose Aric Jorgan, for various reasons :

- His experience with his former squad fit jobs of the Havoc Squad.

- Has already worked with the Havoc Squad

- It was his former rank before he was unfairly punished.

All of these reasons make think he will make a better second in command. I'm not saying Dorne will be bad, but Jorgan really merits it. If I could promote someone next, Dorne will be my choice.

+1 This is why I chose him and not that Imp scum defector. How do I know she's not a spy? How do I know she wont defect again? Its the same as I don't go for women who have a relationship, if they would leave him for me, they could leave me for the next guy down the road.

Leveled two troopers and it doesnt matter one tiny bit which one you pick (although i noticed the first time that if you pick Elara the game doesnt register her new rank in conversations ;) )

First time I chose Elara and Aric was pissed..

this time I chose Aric and nothing special happened..he's the right detective lassie for the job

I don't think i like aric. He was rude the first time i met him and on 2 occasions he went -1 on a descision i made including not to kill a guy. He wanted me to murder someone and is just rude. He will not be my choice and if it upsets him then tough crud. There was a reason he got demoted in the first place.

Aric seems like the more fair choice.

He was already an LT, but got busted down for some political BS. Also he's the bad cop to my good cop.

When you meet her, Elara has only been in the republic military for around three years, I think she needs a little more experience before I can let her become the XO of the Republic's most elite team!

Edited by Belly

I don't think i like aric. He was rude the first time i met him and on 2 occasions he went -1 on a descision i made including not to kill a guy. He wanted me to murder someone and is just rude. He will not be my choice and if it upsets him then tough crud. There was a reason he got demoted in the first place.

He wasnt rude, just being tough. Just to sort out the weak out from the Republic´s elite squad and make you to better soldier. I guess you never done military service in your country or watched any war movie where military traning is involved?

I laugh a little when Aric threw funny insults to me at beginning.

I took Aric for XO.