Can't pick a class

Evastian

So, I hit 50 on my first toon (sith juggernaut) and I can't decide what to do with my next one.

I'm caught between Jedi Sentinel and Vanguard. Both of them have the playstyle of someone who jumps into combat headlong and destroys everything in its path.

My question is, what is there more demand for? I know Sentinels have a core role in rated warzones but I do like the fact that Vanguards can tank.

If you had a buddy show up and say "yo im gonna play what do you need me to roll as" what would you suggest?

Well the Vanguard would give you options to respec as either tank or dps, whereas Sent, you're locked into dps. And after playing Warrior, gotta say, the Knight's story is... Painful. Only played Trooper to Tat so far, but it really reminds me of SW the way it's structured, right down to getting your healer early.

Now for a completely unbiased opinion: Marauder

So, I hit 50 on my first toon (sith juggernaut) and I can't decide what to do with my next one.

I'm caught between Jedi Sentinel and Vanguard. Both of them have the playstyle of someone who jumps into combat headlong and destroys everything in its path.

My question is, what is there more demand for? I know Sentinels have a core role in rated warzones but I do like the fact that Vanguards can tank.

If you had a buddy show up and say "yo im gonna play what do you need me to roll as" what would you suggest?

Try the 100% opposing class. You played with a full melee force class? Play now with a full ranged NON force class. Try the Sniper or the Gunslinger.

I'd go Vanguard. I haven't played the Trooper since beta and I only had time to finish like 2 planets with that class, so I can't really speak about the story -I liked what I saw though-, but my only character now (I got back to the game recently and deleted my Jugg since BW made me change his name with the server merge and it just wasn't the same) is a Powertech, Vanguard's mirror AC, and he rocks, or at least he has rocked up until now (level 36 currently). With a healer companion you are basically unstoppable, especially if you are specced Tank. It's a tremendously reliable class. I have never died in a real fight, my only deaths so far have been after bad pulls (due to my own mistakes, or someone from my group, or my companion going crazy) or falling injuries :p Edited by Khyle