Sniper Dinging 50

Dentressangle

I will shortly ding 50 with my only toon ( Sniper) in the non too distant future. (levelled 20-50 PvP only)

I will arrive there with the new max values of WZ (2750) and RWZ (4500) commendations and start from full recruit gear. Can i get some ideas about the best way to spend the comms?

Additionally, is there a list of other things that should be completed before hitting 50 in order to optimize my shift into 50 PvP?. I did find a list once but now i cannot find it anymore. a link would be great.

Any advice kindly appreciated

Dent

I will shortly ding 50 with my only toon ( Sniper) in the non too distant future. (levelled 20-50 PvP only)

I will arrive there with the new max values of WZ (2750) and RWZ (4500) commendations and start from full recruit gear. Can i get some ideas about the best way to spend the comms?

Additionally, is there a list of other things that should be completed before hitting 50 in order to optimize my shift into 50 PvP?. I did find a list once but now i cannot find it anymore. a link would be great.

Any advice kindly appreciated

Dent

Buy WH main and off first. Then just grab the cheapest BM gear until your all BM out. If you're not a broke as player, augment all your BM/WH stuff.

Edited by Smashbrother

WH Main-hand offhand, BM boots and gloves yielded the most stats over recruit for my most recent lvl 50.

The WH mainhand and off-hand are definite, but put on the rest of the recruit gear and see which BM pieces give you the most improvement.

Hi,

I agree with the above. Also, what spec have you been leveling in?

I would advise against running MM spec early on. Although it's very strong in the 10-49 PvP bracket, MM spec is based on high burst rather than sustained dps or area control (to an extent), and you'll find a lot of that burst you used to have will be shaken off by many of your fully min-max WH competitors.

I would say you'd have bigger impact early on in the 50 bracket by running Engi, as it gives good node control, more support, and more survivability (the later of which you'll be grateful for as you're gearing up).

Just my 2 cents :)

GLHF

EDIT: Also, have u loaded up on WZ medpacks and WZ Adrenals? Have you got your skill stim organised? Got seismic nades organised?

Edited by ambitiousapple

Hi,

I agree with the above. Also, what spec have you been leveling in?

I would advise against running MM spec early on. Although it's very strong in the 10-49 PvP bracket, MM spec is based on high burst rather than sustained dps or area control (to an extent), and you'll find a lot of that burst you used to have will be shaken off by many of your fully min-max WH competitors.

I would say you'd have bigger impact early on in the 50 bracket by running Engi, as it gives good node control, more support, and more survivability (the later of which you'll be grateful for as you're gearing up).

Just my 2 cents :)

GLHF

EDIT: Also, have u loaded up on WZ medpacks and WZ Adrenals? Have you got your skill stim organised? Got seismic nades organised?

OK, thanks for the agreement on the gear. To answer the questions above.

Medpacks - Check

Adrenals - Check

Stim - Check

Seismic nades?? - Can you elaborate? - i dont have a clue what these are even if i assume you mean Seismic Grenades. Do you have a link you could share.?

Regarding the spec. You are correct, i have been running MM since about 35. I changed from Eng because I felt it gave me better node control and Survivability particularly in 1v1 and 2v1 situations where i needed to rely on faster cooldown/activation of Ambush for its knockback abilities and as you say burst damage. Do you mind explaining where you think Eng gives the advantages you mention. I'm all for changing back to Eng for the last few levels but i'd like to understand your reasoning. Again, many thanks for the Input.

2 words: Plasma Probe. 18 seconds of no touching the node in Voidstar and Civil War (and to some extent, Novare Coast).

//And by grenades he meant the Cybertech-items. If you happen to be Cybertech yourself, up your skill to 400 and buy the schematics for the purple ones, or else just buy the green versions off of GTN.

Edited by Memo-

Ya sniper is a great class with several uses. Being a major burst class it is gear dependent in mm spec and yes you probably can help your team more in many situations in an eng spec (and you can get higher chart numbers while doing it lol :) ). If you like MM then as you gear up just keep trying it. If you can afford augments then by the time you have full bm with maybe 1 or 2 wh pieces you can switch back to MM and burst most people down fast again.