Replay story.

Arkanzues

I see people complain all the time about how there is nothing to do after they complete the story because grinding dailies can be tiresome.

Anyone have any thoughts on the idea of making the story able to be replayed? Like once you hit 50 you can go back and do your story "hardmode" kind of like the Ops and FPs. I feel like it would give people who loved the story a good challenge to go back through, I'm nearing the end of my Trooper story. In a few months down to road I probably wouldn't mind going back through the story to play it again.

I see people complain all the time about how there is nothing to do after they complete the story because grinding dailies can be tiresome.

Anyone have any thoughts on the idea of making the story able to be replayed? Like once you hit 50 you can go back and do your story "hardmode" kind of like the Ops and FPs. I feel like it would give people who loved the story a good challenge to go back through, I'm nearing the end of my Trooper story. In a few months down to road I probably wouldn't mind going back through the story to play it again.

Yes please everyone I know wants this. Hardmode Class story play through 2 would be amazing you could get neat awards and titles which would be cool. What would be funny is to see Cinematic Class Story playthrough where everything gets 1 shotted. :p

Awesome to hear! I was trying to get feedback before I throw it in the suggestion box.

I don't think it should be too hard seeing that all the voice acting is already completed, all they would need to do is switch up the phases, up the enemies, and make it where you could go back to your origin planet and talk to someone or a terminal.

Think of the new players that will see these 50s run around in all their awesome armor, it may get them all excited for future gear! :D

Edited by JustinJenkins

The only obstacle is that there would be mobs that aren't instanced that would be nothing but trash to you.

It might also create a PVP problem having more level 50s on planets like tattoine and nar shadda running into lower level toons. I already get upset when I see them running into my quest path because they are on a companion quest or something.

The only obstacle is that there would be mobs that aren't instanced that would be nothing but trash to you.

It might also create a PVP problem having more level 50s on planets like tattoine and nar shadda running into lower level toons. I already get upset when I see them running into my quest path because they are on a companion quest or something.

Oh .. you mean on PvP servers ... took me a minute.

I was thinking "why, do they always kick your akk dog or something?"

That problem always happens on my server. I enjoy it, I'm always finding myself on Tatooine or Alderaan defending the lowbies.

TUXs and I have been promoting this idea in other threads so ...

I will add my:

/signed

to this thread.

:)

I appreciate the support! :D

Edited by JustinJenkins

I love this ides, particularly as it would give you the chance to do the same conversations and areas with a different companion. There have been several instances where the actual lines took me by surprise or where I love to see what happens with a different choice.

TUXs and I have been promoting this idea in other threads so ...

I will add my:

/signed

to this thread.

:)

AYE!!! I strongly support this.

Each mission ran could reward daily comms in-lieu of the normal progression items. Allowing this would promote 50's to go somewhere besides the stupid Fleet for months at a time.

My real reason for wanting this is, I liked the stories...a lot! It's silly to allow them to only be done once, and broken up in massive chunks so that 1-50 can take months...you lose track of the story, the story gets mixed up in whatever other missions you do...leveling is enjoyable, but I'd like to run the MAIN story again, straight threw.

It's an interesting idea, I struggle to see how it would work practically. Having 50s running through level 10 class areas would be a nightmare (especially the first few months after this launched). If they had a way to fly from instanced class area to instanced class area this might work.

I also struggle with what the reward would be. Credits sure, you'd likely be 50 so XP wouldn't be of any value, legacy XP I suppose, maybe some rare orange gear.

It's a neat idea if they released it I'd probably do it on my toon or toons with the best story, but i can't imagine the rewards being good enough to do this for all my toons (specially since I'm already legacy capped).

It's an interesting idea, I struggle to see how it would work practically. Having 50s running through level 10 class areas would be a nightmare (especially the first few months after this launched). If they had a way to fly from instanced class area to instanced class area this might work.

I also struggle with what the reward would be. Credits sure, you'd likely be 50 so XP wouldn't be of any value, legacy XP I suppose, maybe some rare orange gear.

It's a neat idea if they released it I'd probably do it on my toon or toons with the best story, but i can't imagine the rewards being good enough to do this for all my toons (specially since I'm already legacy capped).

I'm sure most of the 50s would avoid the grey out enemies. If not, there's nothing wrong with lending a new player a hand.

They could be dailies since they could up the difficulty high enough, maybe allow group members to also get the daily if you had another player help you through your story instance. (Would promote some extra socializing), of course credits as well.

I mean it's a rough draft of the idea, I'm sure there are plenty of ways to fine-tune the idea.

All the individual quests are instanced, they could just raise the NPC levels to 50 equivalents. Rewards, again, could just be daily comms. IMO, it would just be a nice way to spotlight the stories, without interruption, AND give 50's additional, already designed, stuff to do instead of just dailies.

Would be a nice feature to add for this game. Not everyone would like it or use it, but many would. I certainly would.

Edited by Andryah

I'm sure most of the 50s would avoid the grey out enemies. If not, there's nothing wrong with lending a new player a hand.

I'm not concerned with them killing NPCs, I'm concerned with widely unbalanced PvP. It's rough now when you have a single 50 decide to troll a low level planet. Imagine if every 50 in the game had some incentive to come to every low level planet, even if they aren't into PvP I think many players would take the chance to face roll a low lever character if one walked in front of them. Plus there would be people who would stay for a few hours to troll while there, 50s would join into groups and try and over take other factions cities, etc.

Only way I could see this stopped is if they went into instanced planets, or they did some kind of reverse bolster, lower the level 50s stats to a more planet appropriate level like is done in pre-50 PvP.

I'm not concerned with them killing NPCs, I'm concerned with widely unbalanced PvP. It's rough now when you have a single 50 decide to troll a low level planet. Imagine if every 50 in the game had some incentive to come to every low level planet, even if they aren't into PvP I think many players would take the chance to face roll a low lever character if one walked in front of them. Plus there would be people who would stay for a few hours to troll while there, 50s would join into groups and try and over take other factions cities, etc.

Well, if someone joins a PvP server, they should understand the circumstances of what kind of server they joining. Like I mentioned earlier, I run into 50s on lowbie planets all the time on my main or my alt, just this week I got a PM three different nights last week about a group of Imps killing players on Tatooine or Alderaan. It's just something that sweetens the PvP atmosphere (Besides, killing lowbies is a great way to get an open world fight going on between 50s).

Well, if someone joins a PvP server, they should understand the circumstances of what kind of server they joining. Like I mentioned earlier, I run into 50s on lowbie planets all the time on my main or my alt, just this week I got a PM three different nights last week about a group of Imps killing players on Tatooine or Alderaan. It's just something that sweetens the PvP atmosphere (Besides, killing lowbies is a great way to get an open world fight going on between 50s).

True, but I'm pretty sure the 'working as intended' here is that if you are level 26 you should bump into another level 26.

Of course people will troll others and look to cause some trouble, but at the end of the day World PVP is 'supposed' to be about characters with the same general power level battling it out.

This idea kind of adds more lowbie ganking that there already is.

Edited by Lionflash

Only way I could see this stopped is if they went into instanced planets, or they did some kind of reverse bolster, lower the level 50s stats to a more planet appropriate level like is done in pre-50 PvP.

This isn't a problem. Really it's not.

Why?

Nar shadaa: Already has people going back there for various reasons all thru the class and companion stories.

Quesh, tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Belsavis: Also have bonus series' and quests that take you back there for class and companion stories throughout your level progression.

Voss: meh you are close enough you can actually "hit" the 50's that would be there. Besides most likely it will be a single 50 you encounter and you can call out for help for people to OWPvP.

Corellia: Already have 50s roming the planet.

ALL OTHER PLANETS: not an issue because the oposite faction can not set foot on those planets.

Again this is a NON-issue.

That is all. :rolleyes:

Edited by Urael

I will add my:

/signed

to this thread as well.

LOVE THE IDEA!

I've suggested replaying class storylines in these forums before, but to actually be able to do tham again in hard mode would be great. Heck, even normal mode would be ok for now too, just to remember the story, especially being that the story can get lost between all the other questing "stories" in between.

Being able to try out difference choices during this replay would be great too.

I approve of this idea.

Bump for hopes of BioWare views! Please implement this asap.

I like the idea of daily comms as quest rewards. would give a great alternative to the daily grind.

Take it even a step further and add a nightmare mode difficulty to it for Black Hole comms.

EDIT: OP, perhaps start updating the OP with summaries of suggestions and ideas so they can all be seen on the front page of the thread.

Edited by Cmdluke

This isn't a problem. Really it's not.

Why?

Nar shadaa: Already has people going back there for various reasons all thru the class and companion stories.

Quesh, tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Belsavis: Also have bonus series' and quests that take you back there for class and companion stories throughout your level progression.

Voss: meh you are close enough you can actually "hit" the 50's that would be there. Besides most likely it will be a single 50 you encounter and you can call out for help for people to OWPvP.

Corellia: Already have 50s roming the planet.

ALL OTHER PLANETS: not an issue because the oposite faction can not set foot on those planets.

Again this is a NON-issue.

That is all. :rolleyes:

Nar shadaa: Only has a small PvP area anyway, I agree this planet is a non-issue.

Quesh, tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Belsavis: The bonus series' on these planets are designed to be completed immediately after completing the planet (Belsavis being the exception) and are in an isolated areas of the planet.

Voss & Corellia: I was never considering planets that close to 50 to be an issue.

To be fair, yes because not all planets are PvP this would only affect a small number of planets. There really would only be 3 planets that would be a big issue: Tattooine, Alderaan, & Hoth. The reason these planets would be an issues is:

a. Such a wide gap in levels, no way the lowbies could even try to compete.

b. They would not be running through their own area (as with bonus series) but literally all over the main parts of the planet (varying greatly from planet to planet and class to class).

Admittedly your point has merit and this wouldn't be as big of an issue had I originally thought. I still think it has the potential to turn the 3 listed planets into gankelthorns. But on the other hand since 50s from both factions would be there, it would be more likely that you could post in general and get 50s to help you if you get trolled, unlike now where there's no real draw to bring a 50 there. This actually might have some good outcomes for world PvP actually. Still a reverse bolster would be neat if they could pull it off.

Nar shadaa: Only has a small PvP area anyway, I agree this planet is a non-issue.

Quesh, tattooine, Alderaan, Hoth, Belsavis: The bonus series' on these planets are designed to be completed immediately after completing the planet (Belsavis being the exception) and are in an isolated areas of the planet.

Voss & Corellia: I was never considering planets that close to 50 to be an issue.

To be fair, yes because not all planets are PvP this would only affect a small number of planets. There really would only be 3 planets that would be a big issue: Tattooine, Alderaan, & Hoth. The reason these planets would be an issues is:

a. Such a wide gap in levels, no way the lowbies could even try to compete.

b. They would not be running through their own area (as with bonus series) but literally all over the main parts of the planet (varying greatly from planet to planet and class to class).

Admittedly your point has merit and this wouldn't be as big of an issue had I originally thought. I still think it has the potential to turn the 3 listed planets into gankelthorns. But on the other hand since 50s from both factions would be there, it would be more likely that you could post in general and get 50s to help you if you get trolled, unlike now where there's no real draw to bring a 50 there. This actually might have some good outcomes for world PvP actually. Still a reverse bolster would be neat if they could pull it off.

You can ask pretty much anyone that is a regular forums poster how I feel about ganking and griefing. :p:D

(I don't like it :mad:)

But, I just feel it would be such a minimal issue. I have to worry about getting ganked on those planets as it is (well I used to before the mass PvP exodus). So it would really be buisness as usual. :cool:

Technical point:

1. Alderaan bonus series is after chapt 2 at around level 42-43 so not right after done with that planet.
  2. Hoth bonus doesn't open till you hit 47.
  3. You are correct with Tatooine.

So not really much of a problem to the point of being buiness as usual. :)

Edited by Urael

I appreciate the sentiment of the idea but not entirely sure how much use it'd get overall by virtue of the fact that while the difficulty is ramped up, it would then still be the exact same story. A look-back type item that lets you try hardmodes of certain highlight fights (say the chapter closers) would be interesting but an entire playthrough of the story just completed seems like it would not work out too well.

That said I would welcome an upped difficulty to attempt those class finale fights as my last t20 50's both snagged war hero weapons the instant they hit cap which somewhat trivialized each respective fight.