Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Why Bioware do you feel the need to ignore paying customers. We aren't asking for a miraculous fix to every single issue instantly! All we want is some information about whats happening and where you are going.

Basically, COMMUNICATE!

Its not hard.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Bioware do you feel the need to ignore paying customers. We aren't asking for a miraculous fix to every single issue instantly! All we want is some information about whats happening and where you are going.

Basically, COMMUNICATE!

Its not hard.

F2P is where its all at ......screw subscribing customers

This is the only game where I have a server in my country, and I DO NOT want to lose that!

Latency, can have a grave effect on your gaming experience, and I for one, like a few others here, don't want to be crammed onto a U.S. server because of this! I like having at least one game and one company that actually took the time and invested the money in giving us servers located in our own country. I for one applaud this and don't want to see it ruined.

The three server types we have here are not going to co-exist on the same server anyway. Dedicated PVP are not going to get on with dedicated PVE and same goes for RPers. It's just the type of thing unlikely to be on the same ground!

So to reiterate, I want to keep the latency I have come to expect, and enjoy from this great game.

Thanks.

No way do want to be stuffed back on a US server.

Oceanic server merges would be ok though. But no change if it means being on a US sevrer pls.

and what happens if that one servers goes dead again like what you have now ? the only choice you would get after that would be U.S. servers and correct me if i'm wrong swtor is only MMO to have a offical Asia pacific servers

Edited by Froippi

This is the only game where I have a server in my country, and I DO NOT want to lose that!

Latency, can have a grave effect on your gaming experience, and I for one, like a few others here, don't want to be crammed onto a U.S. server because of this! I like having at least one game and one company that actually took the time and invested the money in giving us servers located in our own country. I for one applaud this and don't want to see it ruined.

The three server types we have here are not going to co-exist on the same server anyway. Dedicated PVP are not going to get on with dedicated PVE and same goes for RPers. It's just the type of thing unlikely to be on the same ground!

So to reiterate, I want to keep the latency I have come to expect, and enjoy from this great game.

Thanks.

It's funny that you're like what, one of two people, maybe 3? That have posted ITT that say it can't co-exist. But okay yeah sure, you can go about and be happy with your super long Q's. I cannot express how happy and jealous I am for you that you can tolerate the absolutely dismal population

and what happens if that one servers goes dead again like what you have now ? the only choice you would get after that would be U.S. servers and correct me if i'm wrong swtor is only MMO to have a offical Asia pacific servers

The likelihood of 1 or 2 APAC servers going dead is so tiny. Overall there's still quite a large population of players around Oceania.

rubbish....most of them are now playing US servers

I'll be honest, I rolled a toon on The Bastion, and seeing more people on Tython than on Imperial fleet is pretty damn delightful.

Got a 42 there, and I'll prolly stick there for a while until this APAC situation gets sorted.

P.S I resubbed on the basis that this game is just too much fun for me. But ye, ceebs w/ Master ***'Blasters q's

The likelihood of 1 or 2 APAC servers going dead is so tiny. Overall there's still quite a large population of players around Oceania.

Unfortunately it looked like that once Oceanic servers were initially opened. 30+ minute queues to be able to log in... and now those queues are at times even longer waiting for Flashpoints and Heroics.

Oceanics had a huge potential if they were set up in the right location to begin with. As I've stated before, it only really benefits Australia and New Zealand. The rest of the Asian community are better off playing on the US servers.

As much as I would like to see the Oceanic servers remain, I doubt it will happen unless they relocate them to either WA or somewhere else that can serve the greater Oceanic region. Seeing as the only MMO to my knowledge that has had regionalised servers was Warhammer Online, I feel we may be seeing them shut down (especially as both WAR and SWTOR had Jeff Hickman as their Executive Producer).

Frankly I am appalled by the lack of communication from Bioware. The least they could do is let us know what options they are looking into, or whether they are awaiting how F2P affects the server populations. The simple response we received from Joveth, which basically left our communities questions unanswered, if just causing mass speculation about the future of the Oceanic servers (probably guilty of that myself above), and fracturing the community on what would be their preference.

If EA/Bioware could just give an honest, factual, informative answer, I'm sure the general Oceanic communities morale would improve, even if it was not the resolution they were hoping for. Some people will not like it, but not everyone can be made happy, and at least they will know what the future holds.

For EA/Bioware to remain silent is basically reducing their potential market in the Oceanic region through bad publicity, causing people to migrate to US servers thus wasting their own resources on server tech due to poor service and management, and pissing away subscription fees from people who are now just fed up.

Edited by Mjollnir

Unfortunately it looked like that once Oceanic servers were initially opened. 30+ minute queues to be able to log in... and now those queues are at times even longer waiting for Flashpoints and Heroics.

Oceanics had a huge potential if they were set up in the right location to begin with. As I've stated before, it only really benefits Australia and New Zealand. The rest of the Asian community are better of playing on the US servers.

As much as I would like to see the Oceanic servers remain, I doubt it will happen unless they relocate them to either WA or somewhere else that can serve the greater Oceanic region. Seeing as the only MMO to my knowledge that has had regionalised servers was Warhammer Online, I feel we may be seeing them shut down (especially as both WAR and SWTOR had Jeff hickman as their Executive Producer).

Frankly I am appalled by the lack of communication from Bioware. The least they could do is let us know what options they are looking into, or whether they are awaiting how F2P affects the server populations. The simple response we received from Joveth, which basically left our communities questions unanswered, if just causing mass speculation about the future of the Oceanic servers (probably guilty of that myself above), and fracturing the community on what would be their preference.

If EA/Bioware could just give an honest, factual, informative answer, I'm sure the general Oceanic communities more wold improve, even if it was not the resolution they were hoping for. Some people will not like it, but not everyone can be made happy, and at least they will know what the future holds.

For EA/Bioware to remain silent is basically reducing their potential market in the Oceanic region through bad publicity, causing people to migrate to US servers thus wasting their own resources on server tech due to poor service and management, and pissing away subscription fees from people who are now just fed up.

Well said Mate. It what I can't get my head around. Most of the APAC don't expect a miracle, just some information on what's planned down the track. As i said in an earlier post, just a little communication would go a long way.

Part of me thinks BW is just afraid of posting here. No matter what they say, it'll be picked apart after a few days and. Speculations will just fly. Kind of like running around an airport whispering "bomb" under your breath - you're going to either start trouble or get into trouble yourself.

Here's hoping

I just look at this, walk around, look at it again... this guy from an alternate universe? :eek:

When Tatoo, has 1-2 peeps on it at any time, we in deep doodoo, no way it's a large population.

When Balmoora has the same at the same times, same thing.. no way it's a large population in any way shape or form.

Been like that for almost a month now. :(

R.I.P Master D T_T.....

As noted in this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=544743 we had to actually organize a NORMAL WZ just to get a pop...one pop, we had all the people on alts jump to there 50s play the game then go back to doing their alts.

The doctor has called it...it's dead, move on.

Also as noted this will get progresively worse as the hard core players re-roll on US servers to maintain their gaming.

Goodbye Master D ..i loved you xxx

I still don't understand why people just didn't roll an alt on Dalborra whilst waiting for something from Bioware. At least that way, we would have seen if the population would have stabilized and be somewhat worthwhile, instead everyone just stayed on their fleets jumping around whilst waiting for the eternity it's going to take Bioware to take action.

I still don't understand why people just didn't roll an alt on Dalborra whilst waiting for something from Bioware. At least that way, we would have seen if the population would have stabilized and be somewhat worthwhile, instead everyone just stayed on their fleets jumping around whilst waiting for the eternity it's going to take Bioware to take action.
Maybe with 4 or X 50s plus numerous alts on the server some people don't want to start again?

The sad reality is that a lot of 50's have become fed up with the lack of action they are just re-rolling on US Servers. A few guildies have rolled on Bastion and are getting pre 50 pvp pops constantly between 8pm and midnight. That is 2am-6am local server time. Even at these times there are more people on planets than there is on our fleets.

Starting again is 10x better than standing around doing nothing and pretty much just waiting for the servers to die.

Put way too much work into my toon to just start again on another server. Would rather stay on the sinking ship in hopes it'll be repaired.

Put way too much work into my toon to just start again on another server. Would rather stay on the sinking ship in hopes it'll be repaired.

Really? Is that the point that we've reached, that instead of actually TRYING TO FIX THE ISSUE YOU'RE ALL ************ ABOUT, you're just gonna sit in the middle fire as it burns you. :/

This, along with poeple rerolling on US servers is one of the major reasons as to why the Oceanic servers will most likely just get cancelled. *sigh*

Really? Is that the point that we've reached, that instead of actually TRYING TO FIX THE ISSUE YOU'RE ALL ************ ABOUT, you're just gonna sit in the middle fire as it burns you. :/

This, along with poeple rerolling on US servers is one of the major reasons as to why the Oceanic servers will most likely just get cancelled. *sigh*

And that is my problem how? I want the issue fixed as badly as the next person, but why should I re-roll on your server? Why don't you re-roll on ours? Goes both ways buddy, and I know plenty of people on our server that feel the same.

I'm sure as **** not re rolling to a server with low pop, cause that would take all of the community from MDN to reroll there as well, which is definately not happening. lol.

I rolled another toon on a US server to experience gameplay how it should be.

I'll gladly come back to oceanic community if it got merged, within a heart beat, until that, **** that loud noise, "let's create another 50 on another dead server. hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr"