Game setting

PanzerKpw

Hi,

I recently watched all the movies and I'm left with a question in relation to the game setting.

On Wookieepedia I found the following:

The attack was a rousing success for the Empire, allowing the Sith to force the Republic to sign their draft of the document that would end the war, the Treaty of Coruscant.

With the war at an end and the Empire stronger than ever, the Emperor retreated from the public view and passed responsibilities of the day-to-day maintenance of the Empire to the Dark Council. As a result of the Empire's co-existence with the Republic, an interstellar Cold War emerged in the immediate aftermath of the Great War, during which time the Empire engaged in proxy battles and small conflicts with the Republic and its allies. By around 2,000 BBY, the Empire had seemingly vanished from the galaxy, and the Galactic Republic was once again the dominant government.

So this game is set a couple of years after the Treaty of Coruscant. The Empire was very powerful and controlled half of the galaxy.

Then after like a thousand years the Empire completely vanished from the galaxy?

I followed the timeline from the TOC to 2000 BBY and I can't find any clue whatsoever.