2nd Anniversary Rewards are underwhelming

JimG

except that u could only buy you one or 2 major things at the most with the amt they gave us, so yes for the most part we've been getting slapped in the fact. this company doesn't know how to treat or how to talk to its customers.

You never cease to amaze me on how you can find a way to whine about anything and everything.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fireworks are a lame 2nd anniversary reward, I suspect no one buys them from the CC market so they know its a safe bet to give them away.

And a paint job. GSF is an underwhelming experience at best but to think that I even notice what paint job someone has BW is very much mistaken. In all honesty they might as well not have bothered and just announced they don't do anniversary rewards than put sugar on **** and call it candy.

How dare Bioware try to give you free stuff that wasn't the exact free stuff that you wanted! They are a terrible evil company for giving away free stuff.

Yes, how dare they be such an unimaginative bunch and add stupid fireworks no-one cared about the first time around when these appeared and most players destroyed them as soon as they got them! And GS paintjobs, indeed, for those who don't give a rat's tail about that feature anyway!

Free stuff or no, they need to use more imagination when giving rewards to customers who have stayed loyal since the game was launched, to show their appreciation and simply to say "thanks for sticking with us!" instead of completely useless and boring crap. Add some nice minipet, like a jawa or something and so on, something what will not affect the gameplay but is fun to have and to show at the same time, instead of completely bland and boring and useless stuff in every instance.

Yes, how dare they be such an unimaginative bunch and add stupid fireworks no-one cared about the first time around when these appeared and most players destroyed them as soon as they got them! And GS paintjobs, indeed, for those who don't give a rat's tail about that feature anyway!

Free stuff or no, they need to use more imagination when giving rewards to customers who have stayed loyal since the game was launched, to show their appreciation and simply to say "thanks for sticking with us!" instead of completely useless and boring crap. Add some nice minipet, like a jawa or something and so on, something what will not affect the gameplay but is fun to have and to show at the same time, instead of completely bland and boring and useless stuff in every instance.

You don't speak for me or anyone except for yourself.

If they did that, we'd have a bunch of people complaining about how they don't care about the pets and how BioWare is a bunch of unappreciative fools for making that their free gift...and how people want something they might actually use, like a starfighter paint job.

You know what? Today is my 1 year anniversary at my current job. My bosses didn't give me anything. And I didn't expect them too either.

A week ago, it was he 5 year anniversary of me moving to my current apartment. But interestingly enough, my landlord didn't give me anything... strange eh?

But hey, Bioware is giving me some free fireworks and a different paintjob for GS, so that's nice...

If they did that, we'd have a bunch of people complaining about how they don't care about the pets and how BioWare is a bunch of unappreciative fools for making that their free gift...and how people want something they might actually use, like a starfighter paint job.

Yup... I don't use pets.. I've gotten enough free ones to last a lifetime...

Veteran program would be nice :)

True 2 years reward would be something like whole set of legacy off hands added to more than one reputation vendor... to show players some appreciation even when they play other classes than dual wielders.

Social items like fireworks are fun for a while... but game play is more important.

Veteran program would be nice :)

True 2 years reward would be something like whole set of legacy off hands added to more than one reputation vendor... to show players some appreciation even when they play other classes than dual wielders.

Social items like fireworks are fun for a while... but game play is more important.

I am a little against this, as appealing as they are for old players it would make an incredibly aversive experience towards new players. Global gifts for all players would be fine for holidays, but in regards of Veteran rewards I'd only like to see titles such as "two year player"/etc to be given, nothing beyond that because it might cause a large amount of discontent.

If you expected a good 2nd anniversary reward, you're at the wrong game. SWTOR is pretty bad at making the right decisions and giving the right rewards. They will never ever learn and they clearly don't care about what we say about them on the forums. F2P, preferred or sub, it doesn't matter what you are they only now care about cold, hard profit while in the first 6 months of the game, the player stood at the center.

I've been playing this from the beginning and the faults BW made are to numerous to mention. BW if you want this game to last on the long term you'll have to start giving something back to the people. As of Galactic Starfighter, your latest gig. I'd have been happier if you waited 4 months and released it with 4 to 5 maps, the bomber included, possible space flashpoints and/or ops. You played your cards and it's getting dull for a lot of people already.

Want to make this a memorable 2nd anniversary/life day. Make an event filled with sillyness and humor, bring out a specific festive armor set, only availble now and not again next year. Give out a new race especially for the 2nd anniversary. Work with a gift system. Try some good PR cause we all know you need it.

As of Galactic Starfighter, your latest gig. I'd have been happier if you waited 4 months and released it with 4 to 5 maps, the bomber included, possible space flashpoints and/or ops. You played your cards and it's getting dull for a lot of people already.

I mean... Players have been begging and pleading for real space combat for just about two years now. Bioware has been working on incorporating this for a very long time.

I can understand the frustration at only having two maps right now but I for one am glad to finally be able to play competitive space combat against other players whenever I want to. id rather play it now and get bored of the same maps than wait 6 months for 6 maps that I would get bored with in a slightly longer period of time.

I am a little against this, as appealing as they are for old players it would make an incredibly aversive experience towards new players. Global gifts for all players would be fine for holidays, but in regards of Veteran rewards I'd only like to see titles such as "two year player"/etc to be given, nothing beyond that because it might cause a large amount of discontent.

Most MMO veteran programs are purely cosmetic, so no issue there... even if they start to rise number of CC received as subscriber for veteran program I cannot see how it will discontent anyone.

Or it is better to have promotions/rewards only for new customers and totally forget loyal ones?

But it is just an option, topic was about Anniversary Rewards - what I think had to be more game appealing not only social ones.

Well, I don't play GSF, so paintjobs are of no use to me. And fireworks... I still have all the fireworks except 2 on all my chars. So I couldn't be bothered at all about these two gifts.

What I want to know though is when can I finally be the very special snowflake? I hope I have time when that event is on. I need that title.

I would suggest that they implement a 2nd anniversary cartel packs with some awesome super rare irresistible items in it. AND give one FREE pack to all sub who are paying at least one month leading to the 2nd anniversary date. 1 pack per sub is not going to kill bioware. At the same time, bioware can sell more 2nd anniversary packs on the cartel market. Random item draw from the pack is a nice surprise present for us sub and at the same time, a good move to entice more purchase of same pack on the cartel market ... its a win-win.