New to augments, help please :)

Rerednaw

Had not played in a while...augments used to randomly drop from slicing missions.

Now I understand you craft them.

I hear crafting schematics for augments drop from slicing, but I have not seen one yet (almost 2 months). Are there specific slicing missions that drop these?

Thanks!

Made a list of what augments each crafting skill can make.

Armstech:

Critical augment: 18 Critical rating, 12 endurance

Surge augment: 18 Surge rating, 12 endurance

Overkill augment: 18 Power, 12 endurance

Fortitude Augment: 18 Endurance, 12 power

Accuracy augment: 18 Accuracy rating, 12 Endurance

Armormech:

Shield augment: 18 Shield rating, 12 power

Absorb augment: 18 Absorb rating, 12 power

Skill augment: 18 Cunning, 12 Power

Reflex augment: 18 Aim, 12 power

Synthweawing:

Command augment: 18 Presence, 12 endurance

Alacrity augment: 18 Alacrity rating, 12 endurance

Rebout augment: 18 Defense rating, 12 power

Might augment: 18 Strength, 12 endurance

Resolve augment: 18 Willpower, 12 endurance

(the numbers assuming highest level purple augments)

All augment schematics drop from Slicing Tech Parts missions, guaranteed drop on a crit, chance for drop on a non-crit. Or bought on the GTN.

I have to disagree.

The vast majority of times when you crit a slicing tech parts mission, you will get 2 augment schematics (in addition to the purple augment mats).

Occasionally you will get just 1.

*very* rarely, (but it does happen) you will get 0.

I have never EVER gotten augment schematics w/o a crit.

The drop rates from slicing are kind of low.

You should be able to buy all the schematics from GTN fairly cheaply if you have a crewskill that can make augments.

This right here. That's how I got all the schematics that I needed. The most I payed was 2k creds. But the majority of em are lower. At least on Drooga's it is.

This right here. That's how I got all the schematics that I needed. The most I payed was 2k creds. But the majority of em are lower. At least on Drooga's it is.

To be fair, the 22 augment schematics (lvl 49 ones) are cheap and plentiful. Probably because of all the slicers running the missions to get the grade 6 augment mats, which are extremely profitable. Each time you get 3 mats, you get more than 1 schematic, on average. Since it takes 4 of those purple mats, if we ignore crits crafting the actual augments, for every purple augment floating around out there, there's probably close to 2 augment schematics. (even if we don't ignore crits, it's probably *still* more schematics than augments.

The lower level schematics seem to be far more rare/expensive. IMO, they *really* need to crank UP the drop rate on the lower level ones, and DOWN the drop rate on the 22 ones. 'Cause not only are there FAR more lvl 22 augment mat missions being run, but since there's only 1 set of schematics in that level range, there are far fewer possibilities.