Crafting for profit, crafting skills that generate income based on "market"

benovide

Server I play on is Ebon Hawk, however, I've found roughly the same class distributions on the PVP servers, and PVE servers.

Armstech: So, obviously in armstech your primary buyers are The Smugglers/Bounty Hunters/Vanguards/Commandos. Blaster Pistols are used by both smugglers and bounty hunters. But then you have blaster rifles used by the Operatives, and the Vanguard. And snipers and Comandos have their own weapon classes.

What you need to do, is spend time at the fleet, look at how many players there are of each class through different times of the day. The highest prices you can sell your items are monday-thur. Fri-Sun are the lowest prices you can sell them. This goes for all crafting skills.

Armstech also lets you make Mods and Armor Plates.

The two most highest selling are Aim, and Strength producing item mods. (For the BH/Trooper and Knight/Warriors) Most fastest selling will be anything strength related. However, like all crafted items, if it's not blue quality or greater, it's not worth selling. In most cases, especially the higher level the item goes to, it will not sell, or most likely when it does sell, you will lose money via mats cost.

Only make cannons and sniper rifles if you know republic side there is a large abundance of Commandos in the level ranges of the weapons you're going to sell. Same deal with Snipers. Because if there isn't a demand, you wont sell anything. in Armstech, anything purple quality except barrels, double the price.

Blaster Pistols: levels 13-25 sell fast. blue quality of 7.5-9k a piece. they will sell fast

Levels 31-37, blue quality 13k-17k will sell fast

Levels 45-50 blue quality 20-40k will sell very very fast. (51 but really 49)

Blaster Rifles: 15-27 same prices as above

Levels 33-41 same prices

levels 43-49 same prices

Sniper Rifles:

Purple Quality Sniper rifles are the only ones really worth selling that will turn a good profit. depending how many there are.

Levels 11-17 15k

Levels 23-29 30k

Levels 35-41 35k

Levels 45-49 50k

Cannons:

Purple Quality are the only ones worth selling, blues will normally run you into debt by the time they sells.

Levels 15-25 20k

Levels 31-39 45k

Levels 45-49 60k

Blaster Barrels Cunning Barrels aren't easy to come by, but only ones worth selling are blue quality and above.

All levels:

10k blue

25k purple

Cybertech:

Most highest selling will be Aim boosting and Strength

There is a market for Willpower and Cunning, willpower will generate a greater income vs cunning however, due to demand.

Mods:

Any mod level 10k blue quality

Any mod level 25k Purple Quality

Armor Plates see Mods.

Green quality anything is by far not worth selling at all. No one really wants them, and those that want them wont pay enough for even the cost of materials. You're lucky if you even break even. (average cost of Desh for example, is 170 a piece, you'll never have green plates sell beyond 500 unless a player is desperate)

Grenades:

Anything at 8k-20k a piece depending on level the grenades are used. They will sell. Market is usually geared towards vanguard players dominantly, and Powertech players, because in PVP many of those class players use grenades commonly when they have them. Especially Cryo Grenades Or any grenades that limit or minimize movement.

Elemental grenades that produce fire, are also heavily popular for area control PVP missions such as those where players are interrupted and bomb they were trying to plant, or whatever they were tyring to take control of is ceased. Continual elemental damage keeps them from restarting their countdowns. Making these very popular sellers.

Even level 40 grenades, will sell for 15k a piece. I've sold as many as 700 to a single player before at bulk pricing/discount to my client. I have also sold more then 1400 Level 40 cryo grenades to a level 55 sage, because regardless of the level, they automatically freeze the player. Making them heavily popular to sell. But again, fire elemental grenades are the biggest money makers in the grenade category.

All other items in the category, profits were minimal.

Artifice

Primary money makers: Might HIlts

Secondary money makers: Color Crystals

Third money makers: Enhancements.

Don't sell anything unless it's blue quality or greater.

Hilts 10k for blue, 25k purple. any levels

Color Crystals. 1k for blue qualities of levels 3-15

5k blue qualities of 25-35

10k for blue qualities of levels 40-55

Artifact (purple) Color crystals 10k for levels 3-35. 25k for 40-45. 100k for 49-55

Enhancements 10k blues up to levels 31, 25k blues up to level 50, 40k up to level 55.

Purple qualities 25k up to level 31, 50k up to level 50, 55k up to level 55.

Willpower hilts sell, but they wont sell nearly as often as might hilts will.

ArmorMech

Still playing the system currently to see what sells and for how much. Since you can't sell entire sets together, but sell them piece meal, I'm still playing with the prices. Of course, anything that isn't blue quality, is not worth selling for any level.

MOST PROFITABLE by far is Cybertech.

Just supplying mods, and armor plates soly to aim and strength benefits, for levels 21-29 exclusivelly. My Powertech can produce up to level 55 mods and plates, but the 21-29 exclusive productions, he generates 18 million per week just selling purple quality armor plates and mods.

Strength is #1 and #2 is Aim. This one toon dominantly funds all of my accounts.

The second greatest generator, is Armstech

Blaster Rifles and Blaster Pistols, again for levels 21-29 purple qualities.

My Operative that produces them, generates 14 million credits per week soly making blaster rifles and pistols exclusively. Pistols being #1, followed by Blaster Rifles as #2. Sniper Rifles and Cannons very, they make roughly 300-700k profit per week, but not nearly as much as my pistols and rifles sell for.

THird highest generator is Artifice generates 9 million per week for purple qualities

Exclusively producing Might Hilts and Color Crystals.

Migh Hilts for lsevels 21-29 generate

Blue, and Yellow color crystals purple qualty whatever I can make at level 15+

Edited by benovide

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I presume this is server dependent because this certainly doesn't match what I see for Harbinger Artifice.

I find there are no set "best" selling stats etc. it varies day to day absed on what the market is flooded with e.g. some day I may sell resolve hilts for 20K more than strength hilts or vice versa a couple of days later.

There are "faster" selling items but these tend to get flooded in the market quite quick so can turn a lesser profit comapred to a slower selling item that makes a larger profit thus yielding a larger profit per day/week.

You really need to just monitor the market and craft accordingly on this aspect.

Also just because something sells for the most doesn't make it the most profitable neccessarily. Unless the values you list are profit expected as opposed to selling price as those prices seem wrong in terms of sales price.

e.g. hilts say 25K for you and I can get roughly 50K for them as sales price. 100K you have for 50-55 colour crystals whereas I find these sell as low as 25K and as high as 65K depending on the colour. Only 100K ones I've seen are Cartel Market only crystals.

Now depending on if your guide refers to profit or just sales price you also have to take into consideration the price of the mats that create said items as to what is most profitable.

e.g. a hilt for 25k in your guide is nearly worthless to make seeing as mytags average for 7-8k a piece so you would be better off selling those that using them on a low selling hilt. Where as crystals only use 1 mytag so profitability wise they are much better item to sell.

I presume this is server dependent because this certainly doesn't match what I see for Harbinger Artifice.

I find there are no set "best" selling stats etc. it varies day to day absed on what the market is flooded with e.g. some day I may sell resolve hilts for 20K more than strength hilts or vice versa a couple of days later.

There are "faster" selling items but these tend to get flooded in the market quite quick so can turn a lesser profit comapred to a slower selling item that makes a larger profit thus yielding a larger profit per day/week.

You really need to just monitor the market and craft accordingly on this aspect.

Also just because something sells for the most doesn't make it the most profitable neccessarily. Unless the values you list are profit expected as opposed to selling price as those prices seem wrong in terms of sales price.

e.g. hilts say 25K for you and I can get roughly 50K for them as sales price. 100K you have for 50-55 colour crystals whereas I find these sell as low as 25K and as high as 65K depending on the colour. Only 100K ones I've seen are Cartel Market only crystals.

Now depending on if your guide refers to profit or just sales price you also have to take into consideration the price of the mats that create said items as to what is most profitable.

e.g. a hilt for 25k in your guide is nearly worthless to make seeing as mytags average for 7-8k a piece so you would be better off selling those that using them on a low selling hilt. Where as crystals only use 1 mytag so profitability wise they are much better item to sell.

Holy crap, you're paying 7-8k a piece for mytags? Seriously? :eek: I'm lucky to pay 800-1k each.

And reason why 100k for the top level color crystals, is because cartel crystals do not come in solid red, blue, green, yellow, or purple. I've never had issues selling them for 100k.

As far as spamming the market, so far pushing my products out at the exact listed prices, still making dramatic gains vs mats costs BTW, I still turn 18 mil profit per week. I've never gotten any less than 17 mil on my worst weeks, and no more than 19 mil on my best weeks. I just have all my comps spam build. I'm lucky if I have any product left after two days in the GTN, by that point I unload a section of a bank slot, and put my next level rotation in, rinse-repeat. I always sell the exact same products. Just spread across several of my toons.

two weeks of the month is all cybertech gear, one week all artifice, one week all armstech.

Still tweaking armormech prices. But so far, spammming the market and monopolizing, I've yet to break my profit limits. At one point, I spent 2 months just going planet to planet harvesting mats. (450 scavenging, slice, underworld, and archaeology across several toons) Went through all the mats in less than a week between 4 toons.

Overall, I have never strayed from the above stated, and I just cleaned out the entire market of veractyles this morning, as well as barges. GOing to be putting them in bank slots for the upcoming cease of the current cartel pack chain. (I did this back in the days of command chairs, slowly releasing them for 10x what I had paid for them)

Hmm what server is that? Most purple archaeology crystals go for 5-10K varying on Harbinger.

Even the solid crystals don't go for much over 60K on Harb either and they tend not to sell all that fast. People seem to love the black-blue and another black- combo crystals more and they go for cheaper.

I can get rid of 30+ a day of black-blue's lately, not had another crystal that has sold that fast ( guessing because black-blue looks almost as good as blue if not better but it's half the price due to only requiring the 1 mytag ).

Hmm what server is that? Most purple archaeology crystals go for 5-10K varying on Harbinger.

Even the solid crystals don't go for much over 60K on Harb either and they tend not to sell all that fast. People seem to love the black-blue and another black- combo crystals more and they go for cheaper.

I can get rid of 30+ a day of black-blue's lately, not had another crystal that has sold that fast ( guessing because black-blue looks almost as good as blue if not better but it's half the price due to only requiring the 1 mytag ).

Ebon Hawk.

My monthly push of Red and Blue level 50+ crystals was all last week. Out of 1000 produced, (600 blue, 400 red) Not one is left in the GTN now. My new push which will begin tonight will be my mods.

I will note though, that more than 600 crystals total were distributed amongst guild mates for them to sell for their own gains. (new toons and a few new players to the game, boost their credits for the long-haul)

Edited by benovide

Thanks for writing this.

It gives a new player, or a returned player like me, a good view which crafting profession one should choose for making money.

But my question would be if you have any guidance regarding how or where to farm the materials needed for crafting for profit? Especially if you are limited to your playtime per week. Can you give any recommendation on that?

In my case I can barely play 1h - 2h a day (not every day), and a few more on the weekends, besides family and work.

Edited by Brahlam

Thanks for writing this.

It gives a new player, or a returned player like me, a good view which crafting profession one should choose for making money.

But my question would be if you have any guidance regarding how or where to farm the materials needed for crafting for profit? Especially if you are limited to your playtime per weak. Can you give any recommendation on that?

In my case I can barely play 1h - 2h a day (not every day), and a few more on the weekends, besides family and work.

Taris. But really you need to spend time getting your gathering skills to 170 before moving to taris/balmorra depending which faction you are. However much you can locate in that time period is on you. No one planet has anymore of an abundance vs another. For low level gear and proximity. Coruscany/dromund kaas may be the easiest.

11-17 gear blue quality is still heavily profitable.

On shadowlands crafted +41 power color crystals sell for about 29k, or less, even purple. Mytag crytals sell for 3k+ each. 3k is on the low end, and I have seen days where the cheapest are 8k.

I have 4 other characters with 450 underworld trading, and 450 treasure hunting. I get all I need for cyber, and artifice from them.

66 armorings sell for about 40k each, and the lower you go, the cheaper they are. Mods with main stat + power sell around the same as the armorings. DPS stuff sells pretty fast. It's not worth making high level earpieces since they sell for so cheap if they're not arkanian, or underworld.

The lower level purple armors sell for at best 20k (usually lower), and you would have to sell 100s of them a week. Which isn't going to happen.

Evidently not all servers are as pricey as others, but it looks like everyone and their dog crafts on my server. Which makes a difference.

The best sellers are mk-9 augment kits at 90k each on good days, but I have seen people put them up for 70k. With as much CC gear as there is now, lots of people are going through aug kits like mad.

On shadowlands crafted +41 power color crystals sell for about 29k, or less, even purple. Mytag crytals sell for 3k+ each. 3k is on the low end, and I have seen days where the cheapest are 8k.

I have 4 other characters with 450 underworld trading, and 450 treasure hunting. I get all I need for cyber, and artifice from them.

66 armorings sell for about 40k each, and the lower you go, the cheaper they are. Mods with main stat + power sell around the same as the armorings. DPS stuff sells pretty fast. It's not worth making high level earpieces since they sell for so cheap if they're not arkanian, or underworld.

The lower level purple armors sell for at best 20k (usually lower), and you would have to sell 100s of them a week. Which isn't going to happen.

Evidently not all servers are as pricey as others, but it looks like everyone and their dog crafts on my server. Which makes a difference.

The best sellers are mk-9 augment kits at 90k each on good days, but I have seen people put them up for 70k. With as much CC gear as there is now, lots of people are going through aug kits like mad.

Wow, sounds totally different from my server.

Well, since most people appear to do their own crafting, just selling materials could be a good profit judging from the prices.

At the moment I'm RE'ing greens to stock up on mk-9 kit materials.

What's sad is, most things like earpieces, relics, and implants are so cheap I'd rather by them for my companions than take the time to make them. Someone was selling an artifact aim earpiece today for 25k...wow

But my question would be if you have any guidance regarding how or where to farm the materials needed for crafting for profit? Especially if you are limited to your playtime per weak. Can you give any recommendation on that?

Depending what materials you want I find the best way is to buy the artifact quality missions from the GTN. It means you can log in, buy a few missions, send your companions on the missions, log out.

Also not bad for profitability vs actually running around boringly harvesting materials *yawn*.

E.g. I buy 450 treasure hunting missions for say 20-25K - there are 2 seperatetypes. I will then get back 8-10 mytags that sell for say average 8K each so that's a profit already jsut on the mats ( plus you get treasure chest of random items and creds and the random items can be anything from 3K crappy blue gear to purple mods that sell for 30-60K or even rare implants that sell for a good 70K+ at times ).

Now instead of using those mytags to sell them you use them to craft you can make an even bigger profit still if you watch the market for what to craft with them.

I'm sure the concept of buying missions for profitability works with other gathering skills too.

Wow, sounds totally different from my server.

And different from mine too. Harbinger seems to ahve the most stable market in some ways I guess due to the higher population thus more diversification in skills / needs etc.

Thanks for your helpfull answers.

I think I will try out some of the Ideas posted here, just not in the "get 18 million a week" scale. :)

Especially MeNaCe-NZ suggestion to buy missions instead of farming sounds really great.

Edited by Brahlam

MOST PROFITABLE by far is Cybertech.

Just supplying mods, and armor plates soly to aim and strength benefits, for levels 21-29 exclusivelly. My Powertech can produce up to level 55 mods and plates, but the 21-29 exclusive productions, he generates 18 million per week just selling purple quality armor plates and mods.

Strength is #1 and #2 is Aim. This one toon dominantly funds all of my accounts.

The second greatest generator, is Armstech

Blaster Rifles and Blaster Pistols, again for levels 21-29 purple qualities.

My Operative that produces them, generates 14 million credits per week soly making blaster rifles and pistols exclusively. Pistols being #1, followed by Blaster Rifles as #2. Sniper Rifles and Cannons very, they make roughly 300-700k profit per week, but not nearly as much as my pistols and rifles sell for.

THird highest generator is Artifice generates 9 million per week for purple qualities

Exclusively producing Might Hilts and Color Crystals.

Migh Hilts for lsevels 21-29 generate

Blue, and Yellow color crystals purple qualty whatever I can make at level 15+

That is a nice chunk of change weekly. And I thought I was doing good $1 million/week selling lvl 20 grenades. Then again I'm only starting to get serious with the auction house with my crafters.

I'm surprised armor, mods, can sell so well. Same with any purple gear/weapon as I would think most people level up with orange and swipe armor/mods/enhancements/barrels/hilts from planetary/pvp comms as they go. Guess I'll need to delve into this more on my server.

Again, thanks for the guide.

Nice post. Should be helpful to beginners and those trying to make a few credits.

The results are likely sever dependent, so it may be helpful to some for you to note the one on which you play.

I hope you know how cheap majority of these items are to make, though I am sure majority of the crafters in this game are too lazy to get the materials themselves.

If the crafter gets the stuff themselves and they still charge those prices, they are charging those prices solely for the amount of numbers that are on the price tag and nothing more.

I have recently been getting into the whole boring and dull world of crafting, so I know how much an item costs to build and the prices players have been charging is insane to say the least, also from the info in this topic, saying purple quality is the only thing worth making is totally wrong, purple quality items are only worth crafting at level 50-55, prior to that, its a waste of resources and money.

Its funny, the materials required to make the level 17 blue quality armouring, no matter the stat on it is 4 Bronzium, 4 plastoid and 4 underworld metals and I have seen even the materials on the GTN going for a pathetically low price most of the time, so there really is no excuse for the high prices, except for greed, pure greed.

Well, I have made over 10mil selling my crafted armourings for a fair price, I out-grew the desire and need for greed, hell, if it didn't cost me anything at all to make this stuff, I would hand out the items for free.

I hope you know how cheap majority of these items are to make, though I am sure majority of the crafters in this game are too lazy to get the materials themselves.

If the crafter gets the stuff themselves and they still charge those prices, they are charging those prices solely for the amount of numbers that are on the price tag and nothing more.

I have recently been getting into the whole boring and dull world of crafting, so I know how much an item costs to build and the prices players have been charging is insane to say the least, also from the info in this topic, saying purple quality is the only thing worth making is totally wrong, purple quality items are only worth crafting at level 50-55, prior to that, its a waste of resources and money.

Its funny, the materials required to make the level 17 blue quality armouring, no matter the stat on it is 4 Bronzium, 4 plastoid and 4 underworld metals and I have seen even the materials on the GTN going for a pathetically low price most of the time, so there really is no excuse for the high prices, except for greed, pure greed.

Well, I have made over 10mil selling my crafted armourings for a fair price, I out-grew the desire and need for greed, hell, if it didn't cost me anything at all to make this stuff, I would hand out the items for free.

In the time it took you to make 10 mil I've made over 40. And not really, reason we charge high prices is because of capitalism. People will pay it. And that's not true about gear under 50. Everyone jumps on blue and purple quality. It all depends on what it is. For some items people really is the only one worth it.

Factor hourly rates to gather the materials. Time taken to manufacture. It all evens out. One full set of armor plates are 8 plates. 8 mods 7 enhancements.

With 16 being made and sold by you. Especially in lower levels where the bulk of the player base is. 16x10,000 runs 160,000 credits on that one toon. 320,000 for that guy and his companion. Only 10k in mats. That's nothing. In bulk manufacturing. The gtn is the prime source to maximise supplies.

I have sold 800 blue quality plates this week. With 340k in mats. Each plate sold for 10k. Tell me. How bad are my profits from what is "not worth making"?

Can anyone confirm this is true on his server? Pretty much everyone has said it doesn't happen on theirs. I know it's not the case on JC.

making accounts on other servers to verify claims,

JungMa is the same so far.

Roughly same prices.

As far as Ebon Hawk, you'll see all 12 of my alts on that server dishing out mods and plates.

What people need to realize about the amount of credits he says he's making..it's probably true, but then he didn't say profit..he said that's how much they bring in. Actual profit after costs could be half that.

Besides that, he is clearly a full-time crafter. By that I mean that crafting in this game is either his second "job" irl or possibly his first..there are a lot of people out there that do nothing but play video games all day. If you're not willing to dedicate that kind of time then you aren't going to make that kind of cash selling low-level items. And, really, unless you enjoy it why would you want to spend several hours a day crafting? Credits should not be your motivation.

While Benovide's guide is good, it is too specific to his server. Here are my, more generic tips for crafting for profit:

#1 ALL crafting skills have items that are profitable. Some have a more limited pool than others.

• Armormech (AM) and Synthweaving (SW) are nearly exclusively augments and augment slot kits. any armor sold by these skills is generally a one shot deal
  • Armstech (AT) is honestly about the same as AM and SW. Add barrels to augments and slot kits, but the augments are not as widely desired as those from AM and SW.
  • Biochem (BC) sells stims and implants. Prototype (blue) quality stims survive death so they are great for PvE and PvP. Some of the top end "trained" implants are better than token acquired, but not all and one obviously must be willing to spend the time and credits to Reverse Engineer (RE) to get the purple schematics.
  • Artifice (AR) sells enhancements, hilts, and relics. there are a lot of different enhancements but honestly only a handful sell regularly, BUT even the "less desirable" enhancements have a market. Hilts are only good for Jedi and Strength companions (e.g. Bowdaar). Like BC implants, AR relics can be very desirable.
  • Cybertech (CT) has the widest range of desired items: armoring, mods, and ear pieces. In my experience ALL armor plates do sell, and do so at good prices, but some sell faster than others with more regularity. With mods, I have found that ALL the mods with power or crit sell regularly. Anything with defensive stats (defense, shield, absorb) will also sell decently.

#2 all that being said, different servers behave differently. My server is The Harbinger and pricing fluctuates but is reasonably predictable: every item has a range of value that the overwhelming majority of the players have settled into. If one wants to get into crafting one must take the time to learn one's own server's markets. And there WILL be some growing pains i.e. you look at the GTM one day and see that item X is selling really well at a good price, so you decide to craft some only to find that the price has crashed and/or the item is not selling as quickly as you thought.

#3 with the above in mind, patience is the first key. item X described in #2 might be on the downside now, but don't fret, the value WILL rebound eventually through either demand going up (a new crop of characters coming through that now needs item X) or supply going down (those who made item X see the crash and get out of that market for a while).

#4 the second key is diversity. One needs to have his/her fingers in as many markets as possible. This will even out the flow of credits. When one market is down, another is up. By having market diversity one insures a more consistent flow of credits.

#5 although markets rebound they do not necessarily rebound to their original highs. Plain and simple, the GTM is a buyer's market. If buyers are no longer willing to buy then prices must come down. And as a seller, one must be willing to either accept the new value range or get out of that market entirely.

#6 with that in mind, each seller must decide for themselves the lowest price they will sell for. This is the lowest net profit one is willing to accept considering the time and credits invested. For some a very small profit is worthwhile, for others not so much. There is also the high side to consider too. Some sellers will post items at outrageous prices simply because they can. That in no way indicates that those items will sell at those prices. A good seller needs to realize this and make sure that their high end value is reasonable.

#7 Never believe for one second that gathered materials (from nodes) are free. Those materials have value...your time. Furthermore, that value is represented in credits by the postings on the GTM. If you, as an individual, feel that your time is worth less than what the GTM expresses, that's fine, but you are selling yourself short if you believe your time is worth nothing.

#8 along those lines: in my opinion, farming materials via nodes is a waste of time, in this game. One's time is more efficiently spent sending companions on missions and one participating in other aspects of the game (like daily quests, FPs, PvP, etc) than dedicating time to gathering materials. Gathered materials via nodes while participating in other aspects of the game are a nice bonus.

While Benovide's guide is good, it is too specific to his server. Here are my, more generic tips for crafting for profit:

#1 ALL crafting skills have items that are profitable. Some have a more limited pool than others.

• Armormech (AM) and Synthweaving (SW) are nearly exclusively augments and augment slot kits. any armor sold by these skills is generally a one shot deal
  • Armstech (AT) is honestly about the same as AM and SW. Add barrels to augments and slot kits, but the augments are not as widely desired as those from AM and SW.
  • Biochem (BC) sells stims and implants. Prototype (blue) quality stims survive death so they are great for PvE and PvP. Some of the top end "trained" implants are better than token acquired, but not all and one obviously must be willing to spend the time and credits to Reverse Engineer (RE) to get the purple schematics.
  • Artifice (AR) sells enhancements, hilts, and relics. there are a lot of different enhancements but honestly only a handful sell regularly, BUT even the "less desirable" enhancements have a market. Hilts are only good for Jedi and Strength companions (e.g. Bowdaar). Like BC implants, AR relics can be very desirable.
  • Cybertech (CT) has the widest range of desired items: armoring, mods, and ear pieces. In my experience ALL armor plates do sell, and do so at good prices, but some sell faster than others with more regularity. With mods, I have found that ALL the mods with power or crit sell regularly. Anything with defensive stats (defense, shield, absorb) will also sell decently.

#2 all that being said, different servers behave differently. My server is The Harbinger and pricing fluctuates but is reasonably predictable: every item has a range of value that the overwhelming majority of the players have settled into. If one wants to get into crafting one must take the time to learn one's own server's markets. And there WILL be some growing pains i.e. you look at the GTM one day and see that item X is selling really well at a good price, so you decide to craft some only to find that the price has crashed and/or the item is not selling as quickly as you thought.

#3 with the above in mind, patience is the first key. item X described in #2 might be on the downside now, but don't fret, the value WILL rebound eventually through either demand going up (a new crop of characters coming through that now needs item X) or supply going down (those who made item X see the crash and get out of that market for a while).

#4 the second key is diversity. One needs to have his/her fingers in as many markets as possible. This will even out the flow of credits. When one market is down, another is up. By having market diversity one insures a more consistent flow of credits.

#5 although markets rebound they do not necessarily rebound to their original highs. Plain and simple, the GTM is a buyer's market. If buyers are no longer willing to buy then prices must come down. And as a seller, one must be willing to either accept the new value range or get out of that market entirely.

#6 with that in mind, each seller must decide for themselves the lowest price they will sell for. This is the lowest net profit one is willing to accept considering the time and credits invested. For some a very small profit is worthwhile, for others not so much. There is also the high side to consider too. Some sellers will post items at outrageous prices simply because they can. That in no way indicates that those items will sell at those prices. A good seller needs to realize this and make sure that their high end value is reasonable.

#7 Never believe for one second that gathered materials (from nodes) are free. Those materials have value...your time. Furthermore, that value is represented in credits by the postings on the GTM. If you, as an individual, feel that your time is worth less than what the GTM expresses, that's fine, but you are selling yourself short if you believe your time is worth nothing.

#8 along those lines: in my opinion, farming materials via nodes is a waste of time, in this game. One's time is more efficiently spent sending companions on missions and one participating in other aspects of the game (like daily quests, FPs, PvP, etc) than dedicating time to gathering materials. Gathered materials via nodes while participating in other aspects of the game are a nice bonus.

Doesn't really mean much when you're making so little, and everyone else is making so much more.

What people need to realize about the amount of credits he says he's making..it's probably true, but then he didn't say profit..he said that's how much they bring in. Actual profit after costs could be half that.

Besides that, he is clearly a full-time crafter. By that I mean that crafting in this game is either his second "job" irl or possibly his first..there are a lot of people out there that do nothing but play video games all day. If you're not willing to dedicate that kind of time then you aren't going to make that kind of cash selling low-level items. And, really, unless you enjoy it why would you want to spend several hours a day crafting? Credits should not be your motivation.

not if you have companions manufacturing items while you play. And no, I don't play all day, I log on, have my toons produce items, log off, next to, rinse repeat. Do what I have to do during the day, come back, repeat, then at night I play to play when I can.

BTW if resource gathering is not profitable, you have no room to even be discussing this topic.

Two rounds across Balmorra just grabbing Bronzium and Plasteel, can generate 600k worth in mats. five laps across dromund kaas gathering desh and silica, can generate 100k worth in mats. If you know the locations where it appears, it only takes an hour or two to do the full laps all the way through to the sith temple.

Doing laps for Chanlon, one lap for chanlon can generate 400k.

The GTN is never stagnent on mods and mats. It has never been stagnent on any server I have ever seen, if anything prices go up, not down. Demand is HUGE for mats just on their own without the mission mats. Chanlon can generate 1k-3k a piece. stacks of 10, 20, or 99 can generate 10k-300k credits.

If you're not generating rediculous profits just selling mats alone, you're doing it so so so very wrong.