View Single Post

Escaflownae
01.12.2012 , 12:13 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Zerophin View Post
You might want to consider adding the "Gut" build into your discussion (where you forego Energy Blast for Gut in Tactics.) While the final assessment is still open for debate, I don't think Energy Blast is by any means the clear-cut better talent when compared to Gut (enhanced by the Frontline Offense talent as well.)

Time will tell, but I'm having a hard time convincing myself to take Energy Blast.

This is the build:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#801G0GrdorogZMsr0o.1
i'm not really debating on the best builds really. In fact my goal is to have several builds up for a tank to have several options. These are personally the ones that I've tried and I refuse to add details that haven't been researched and/or proven.

However you raise a good point that I might want to try going further into the other trees to look at the performance of the hybrids.

I tend to do the 100x1000 test meaning that if I want to test armor or defenses I'll record the marks 100 times and using math determine the results of a 1000 to give me a base system to use against other builds. It's really easier than it sounds.
Courage is not the absence of fear, but the strength to do what is right in the face of it.

Need a referral? Here you go