Favorite Flashpoint?

bionamaster

I want to know what your favorite FP is. For me, it's probably

False Emperor. Darth Malgus is my favorite boss battle ever! Combine that with fighting HK-47, and that should explain it. Love the references to the movies, with Jindo Krey and his Starfighter becoming nods to Jango Fett and the Slave I in that fierce duel with Kenobi on Kamino, and Malgus emulating Palpatine and Vader simultaneously.

I also enjoy

Taral V. It seems to me almost an Open-World instance, if that makes sense. Love running around the explorable buildings, battering Imps. Also, holds some of my favorite lines my Knight ever said.

What about you guys? Remember to use Spoiler Tags!

Edited by bionamaster

gameplay wise:

lost island by leaps and miles

story wise:

didn't like much of the story in any of the FP's, kept wanting to side with malgus in FE and it doesn't let me. I do like the eternity vault story though.

i like cademui because i loved running through the city eviorment. at one point your casually walking through a pumping nigh club and get ambushed and i love all the bar goers running away. it was a memorable moment!!

• 2 months later...

Story-wise:Mandalorian Raiders

I actually makes sense, reminding us there's a war happening, without having anything as corny as (yet-another) planet destroying weapon.

Presentation-wise: Kaon Under Siege

Hands down. You can still feel the creepy atmosphere whilst playing.

The Foundry actually comes second for me though (I'm so gonna get flamed) because I think it was presented pretty well, in terms of sound design, dialogue, etc. Though that may be due to the fact that they use characters that we already recognize.

Gameplay-wise: Lost Island

It feels pretty heroic since you're not a huge ops, just a small team, yet the FP is presented like an Ops in my opinion. Boss fights are pretty intense, and there's a lot more than just 4 people wailing away at a spiked wall.

For gameplay, I've become extremely fond of deceptively simple movement fights, like Boarding Party's engineering room encounter and the final boss fight of Hammer Station. A lot of the challenge and the fun comes from teaching those fights to new players, and success or failure hinge on the party's ability to work together. It's metagame, but I feel like those fights have given me a real education on the interpersonal aspects of MMO gameplay. They've brought me out of my shell.

1) Mandalorian Raiders (I'm a HUGE Mandalorian fan)

2) Lost Island (Makes me feel more powerful/heroic)

3) False Emperor (Who doesn't love a classic "take down the Sith Lord" fight?)

4) Red Reaper (Kinda reminds me of the Death Star scene from Episode IV

5) Black Talon (Just fun hack'n'slash)

6) Foundry (Never been a Revan fan, but still liked beating down an iconic character)

Edited by Bird_of_Thunder

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Bringing this thread back up.

I'll have to pick Depths of Manaan.

I love the planet Manaan in general. The mechanics in the flashpoint are really interesting. The kolto barrels are a really nice touch. Although I'm not a really big fan of Ortuno.

Edited by MrNihulus

Rakata Prime. The War Chief is one of the most annoying fights ever to me (not hard, just long for me) but the scenery is magnificent - I love being on that beach and getting to run around through the Rakata temple. I'm just bummed I've never received one of the 'good' drops (decorations or the sleen).

Second would have to be Manaan.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero