[Legacy System Feature] Mirror Class/Adv. Class Animaion/Ability Swapping

KillaDeuce

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea! Would love to have it looked into! Use TK Force Abilities on my SI instead of Lightning? YES PLEASE! :)

Not so sure if anything would change for Troopers/BHs though, as those seem to be weapon dependent in changes in animations, unless this also opens up the use of switching between say Blaster Cannon or Dual Blasters Pistols.

Yes, it would have to include switching weapons with the abilities and animations. Especially for the Smugglers/Troopers and their mirror counterparts to work out correctly.

The game needs more "unlocks" like this imo. It would make it a lot more interesting. This player customization option would be an awesome match to their newly added Adaptive Gear as well. "Enjoy how your character looks and take a more active role in that appearance."

I quit about a week after 1.2 went live and re-subbed about two weeks ago. Two weeks before I quit, I leveled a Rattataki Sorc as my third 50 for the racial unlock (in preparation for the patch going live where you could unlock said race by having a 50). My second character was the one that stuck with me. A Sage. I've played it as my main since launch and I have to say, I'd JUMP or outright THROW myself at my computer if there was a way to swap the attack animations from pebbles and gold healie rings to lightning and purple healie rings (it'd go with my purple lightsaber crystal better too). Even if it's the full set and not just one or two select abilities, it seems like something that would please a lot of people who prefer one faction over the other but dislike the attack animations. I'm bothered by how racist the imps are and don't really want to make that my main faction but I like the appearance of the Sorc attacks.

Earlier in this thread I saw a comment about it not being fair to the f2p people and preferred status players if you would have had to have both advanced classes at 50 to unlock the abilities (ex. 50 Sage and 50 Sorc). Isn't the point behind f2p being slightly behind in allowed actions to get them to spend something in the cartel market? This would also be another method for bringing in more money. Require both at 50 (and imo the appropriate force alignment in Jedi/Sith) and their Cartel Market will be flooded with purchases for either the unlock of the abilities themselves or more character slot unlocks. A lot of people don't want to take the time to level both to 50 (probably why they thought the race unlocks were a good idea in the Cartel Market) so they'd probably make a killing off that option. Also, much like the gear limitations, the animation swap being a privilege for those who pay seems like a really good incentive to get people to switch from f2p to at least preferred.

I do lean more towards one of those easter egg style things in game where you can only unlock it by game-play though. Like Datacron stat bonuses or bonuses added to a character after you max out affection for certain companions. Having both classes at 50 with completed story missions, a certain high legacy level (no clue what "high" is anymore, I was at 39 when I quit), do some long quest chain after that where you go to your starter planet and kind of look at it through different eyes (and realize they're "doing it wrong" or something in the case of Vanguards etc.), have the main character you want to swap animations for be dark side if you want lightning etc, would be a good start. Imo the force alignment thing should be a requirement to Jedi/Sith. I haven't played the tech classes to 50 yet to know if it should in any way affect their attacks. Jedi and Sith at least make sense in this regard to swap alignments for the unlock.

Sorry for the novel post. I've been wanting the ability for my Dark 5 Sage to throw lightning since the game launched. I get onto a rant/monologue if left to my own devices in vent. People just humor me now. They can't complain, I hand out a mean dark side cookie. ;)

Nothing more to add, but I agree with you. Thank you for the great post.

• 3 weeks later...

OP I love this idea. I created a thread a long time ago outlining a pretty much the same thing, but instead tied the ability to swap animations to Lightside and darkside alignment (to give it some benefits). Thread here

I love the idea that a dark jedi could use force lightning instead of throwing rocks @ people. This would be a terrific addition to this game, which imo desperately needs more character customization and personalization.