When are Bounty Hunters getting the NERF bat?

JediMarvel

clearly the most played class currently PVP wise and u wonder why?

No just no

http://i.imgur.com/vCtF0.jpg <- this happens quite regularly in WZs at low levels and at 50.

You are one of those that saw that whining about Ops and Scuns worked, now it's time for the BH's to get whined at so they get nerfed, you are simply the worst kind of baddie in games, i also play a shadow and mercs are one of the easiest prays i have in a WZ, dear god they are close to free kills as a shadow, you sir are just bad at the game, now go back to Hello Kitty Online.

Edited by tkshinoda

No just no

http://i.imgur.com/vCtF0.jpg <- this happens quite regularly in WZs at low levels and at 50.

You are one of those that saw that whining about Ops and Scuns worked, now it's time for the BH's to get whined at so they get nerfed, you are simply the worst kind of baddie in games, i also play a shadow and mercs are one of the easiest prays i have in a WZ, dear god they are close to free kills as a shadow, you sir are just bad at the game, now go back to Hello Kitty Online.

LOL. reminds me of when I played WoW and there where 2 classes that where the OP ones in PvP...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/178/wowhuntersabyo1.jpg/

:p

So you feel on par with Sages/Sorcs?

And you feel as tough as Guards/juggs?

And your stealth is as good as operatives/smugglers?

Troll is trolling.

Yeah its actually the same stealth..

Dont worry the nerf bat only hurts a few days

Clearly roll one if u want to OP win with a push of a button.

knockback

stun

tracer missle x4

win. ok lets rinse and repeat.

off to the next poor sap that isnt a trooper.

oh look this pathetic jedi shadow lets kit him and win.

awesome. good job.

gg

I dearly want the arsenal spec to change. My "main" is a merc arsenal and I just can't be bothered to play it any more and I don't like the other specs at all (the hybrid tree doesn't apeal and having a trained killer that actually heals people instead is just wrong) I loved the class until I got tracer missile and realised i would spend the majority of my fights spinning automatically to face the enemy who is desperately trying to avoid me without hope, using every tactic they can think of while I just press the same button whilst supping beer and giggling.

Yes other classes can interupt us, but my bone of contention is not really one of balance, more of fun. Arsenal has killed my fun.

I really liked the idea of being a Bounty Hunter from the perspective of feeling like a free agent and able to go where I wanted rather than being ordered by the Empire etc. I enjoyed the story and adore Mako.

But...I want to enjoy fighting, yes winning is great, but because I had to think a bit and possibly move slightly and perhaps change up my tactics on the surroundings and foe faced, now just wack the same key.

Yes I could well roll a new one and go pyrotech, but for me, bounty hunters feel right as ranged, not close to mid range fighters.

TLDR: Please fix the class so spamming one key has a negative effect, not a positive one.

Edited by RaveyLarge

knockback

stun

tracer missle x4

awesome. good job.

gg

Sounds to me someone is upset that they are "force sensitive" and still getting stuffed into the trash can at school... "HOW DARE YOU... I'm, I'm a Jedi!".

As numerous other people have pointed out interrupts are your friend but I won't belabor that point.

What I would suggest is drying thoes tears, at least enough so you can see your screen again, and do some research on both BH Merc and Jedi Shadow game play mechanics. Then maybe test out some new tactics based on your findings.

Crying and demanding nerfs when you simply don't understand the class mechanics of the shadow or merc is definately not the way to go. This is more of a L2P issue than a balance issue.

Edited by Pavement

Tracer Missile needs to be reworked entirely...It just looks idiotic to shoot the imaginary rocket out of the flesh of your back....

I play Pyrotech right now because I can't STAND Tracer Missile spam - I prefer Arsenal overall because of the certain talents and Heatseekers, but Tracer Missile just ruins the whole feel for me.

Tracer Missile needs to be reworked entirely...It just looks idiotic to shoot the imaginary rocket out of the flesh of your back....

I play Pyrotech right now because I can't STAND Tracer Missile spam - I prefer Arsenal overall because of the certain talents and Heatseekers, but Tracer Missile just ruins the whole feel for me.

What this guy says completely. I picked merc because I wanted to dual wield blasters. Then I did for a while, until tracer missile came along. Now I dual wield blasters that I rarely use and instead bend over and launch a rocket from my back.

I'm couldn't care less about the overpowered rants, there will always be a class or two that are overpowered, and it's almost always the one we are not.

But, fact is the merc arsenal is absolutely mindlessly boring and not fun.

Please fix it and rework the class and I will run back to my beloved BH with joy.

knockback

stun

tracer missle x4

awesome. good job.

gg

you let them cast 4 tracers in a row you deserve to die. on and if you put stun in the rotation they won't be repeating this for 60 sec... you are a sad sad troll.

Edit. I"m not a merc I"m a sniper and have no problems killing merc's they probably have players as bad as you complaining about good shadows and snipers.

Edited by Bamfed

Funny how in the same page we get rants about BHs being too strong and please nerf, and a few posts below we get rants about BH being too weak.

Forums, take them with a grain of salt.

The class is fine, I don't really think people are crying about them being too weak, just saying whoever is playing that Shadow is bad.

If you are losing to tracer missiles when you have a cast interrupt, you are bad, period. And thats what it sounds like is happening to this guy, also sounds like he walks around out of stealth.

I don't know why everyone thinks BH just spam tracer, your heat is through the roof if you do that and if interupted leaves you immediately dead. TRACER X 2 maaaybe, Unload, rail, rapid, powershot then well by this point you are either running for your life or finishing with tracer if they are stupid and/or blind. Basically everyone complaining cant see or possibly could be stupid and only sees something when it go big boom and sound flashy light.....

knockback

stun

tracer missle x4

If this is your strategy, you're gonna suck as a BH

No need to use knockback. They will just gap close back to you or run away. And stun isn't really necessary. All it does is generate heat and save you from 1-2 attacks. Its like a micro sized heal. In 1v1 I only use it if we are both close to death and I need a little extra help.

BUT even if you were gonna use them, youd be better off using stun first, and then using knockback after the stun wears off. Since the knockback hits them with a snare too, no point in stunning them while they are far away and snared.

Edited by DarthBloodloss

I don't know why everyone thinks BH just spam tracer, your heat is through the roof if you do that and if interupted leaves you immediately dead. TRACER X 2 maaaybe, Unload, rail, rapid, powershot then well by this point you are either running for your life or finishing with tracer if they are stupid and/or blind. Basically everyone complaining cant see or possibly could be stupid and only sees something when it go big boom and sound flashy light.....

OK, while it is true that spamming it and nothing else is bad, it does not send your heat through the roof. It costs 16 per cast and refunds 8 heat on critical every 3 seconds. So you can spam it, a lot.