A suggestion for PvP instances

Washimoto

This is an idea that only affects Players in PvP instances.

Once a week a random player in a PvP instance should have a bounty placed on them, then everyone else has to hunt down and kill that player. The one who kills that player then gets lots of credits and becomes the next target for the bounty (after they have some time to escape the scene)

Once a week a random player in a PvP instance should have a bounty placed on them, then everyone else has to hunt down and kill that player. The one who kills that player then gets lots of credits and becomes the next target for the bounty (after they have some time to escape the scene)

I don't think that would work on the normal OW PVP instances because nothing prevents that bounty target from logging out or switching to a PVE instance (or someplace like the fleet or a flashpoint where there is no PVP at all). I suppose it could work on PVP areas such as Ilum in the event, and coming to think of it, it does somewhat exist for orb carriers. I suppose it would be fun if the orb mission (2 orbs per day) was redesigned to some infinte mode that grant rewards for putting the orb in the pylon and/or killing orb carriers and/or holding orbs for a set amount of time. [Though it would need some adjustments because currently, any smart assassin tank can never fail in placing the orb even when facing 5 grouped enemies :D]

The principle is a nice idea... like, maybe for open world pvp. And the first marked player is somebody who gets a kill spree or something.

But randomly? that's pushing it, there needs to be some kind of trigger that initiates the start of this. otherwise it will just push more ppl out once they're marked which could cause all sorts of exploits/issues when you simply don't want to be 'it'

Also, there needs to be some kind of reward for the marked player, otherwise its simply an inconvienience until the mark is either gone or they die. Like, what if nobody manages to claim the bounty within a timeframe? Does the marked player get rewarded instead?

How would you avoid exploiting, like just getting your friend to kill you when you're marked? Is there a penalty if the marked player attempts to leave or logs off?

Brainstorm stuff like this and you might be onto something.

An idea by itself is worthless, but when you consider certain aspects of that idea into it's design, you have a foundation created, which backs up the idea and sooner before you realise it, that idea looks a lot more powerful. We call them rules XD

Edited by Bonzenaattori

I would love to see more OW PVP activity, I miss it like crazy, that was so fun.

I go overwhere on PVP instances, I've gotten in two fights since 5.0 dropped. In 4.x I use to get in fights every day.

There was an OW PVP battle on Oricon about two weeks ago between a nice sized force of Imps and Reps, but as usually, the Reps were wussies and made us come to them in their spawn area so we were constantly contending with their NPC forces whereas we had none.

Was unfortunately because the few times we could shame enough of em to come out with their NPC help we had some nice brawls, but, it just wasnt enough to make it worth while because every time we died we had to haul our *** back from our spawn point and it was far and we were agging enemies the whole way back and that was just a mood killer so it didn't last much longer than abour 25 minutes. Only so many times your gonna haul your *** back thru all that while they were playing with safety nets. To bad, when ya had some decent fight time, it was fun.

While I appreciate the effort with the idea, it does rely on willing guini pigs to put targets on their backs and thus ya never know who/if will be up for that duty.

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

I would love to see more OW PVP activity, I miss it like crazy, that was so fun.

I go overwhere on PVP instances, I've gotten in two fights since 5.0 dropped. In 4.x I use to get in fights every day.

There was an OW PVP battle on Oricon about two weeks ago between a nice sized force of Imps and Reps, but as usually, the Reps were wussies and made us come to them in their spawn area so we were constantly contending with their NPC forces whereas we had none.

Was unfortunately because the few times we could shame enough of em to come out with their NPC help we had some nice brawls, but, it just wasnt enough to make it worth while because every time we died we had to haul our *** back from our spawn point and it was far and we were agging enemies the whole way back and that was just a mood killer so it didn't last much longer than abour 25 minutes. Only so many times your gonna haul your *** back thru all that while they were playing with safety nets. To bad, when ya had some decent fight time, it was fun.

While I appreciate the effort with the idea, it does rely on willing guini pigs to put targets on their backs and thus ya never know who/if will be up for that duty.

strangely enough the last time i had open world pvp of any side was on CZ and the imp cowards did the same thing... run away to their base

Running to the base is a valid strategy if you're outnumbered, which more often that not is going to be case for one of the two groups in OWPVP. Open world PVP most of the time is a numbers game where the larger group destroys a smaller one, at least if they catch them in the open away from bases. It is rare for evenly matched groups to cross paths unless it is organized, and even with organized events usually one side has more individual players or guilds participating than the other.

I can't really fault for example a group of three doing dailies retreating to the base if they run into enemy faction Ops group outside it.

But if the groups are evenly matched and one retreats behind their NPCs, I agree that it is pretty lame.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

strangely enough the last time i had open world pvp of any side was on CZ and the imp cowards did the same thing... run away to their base

Give me their names and I'll kill those bastards myself!

Anyone who is not running directly at their enemy while demonstrating total disregard for their own personal safety should be put to the wall and shot for treason on the spot for being the cowards that they are.

On behalf of the Sith Empire, please accept my apologies for me not being there to have killed them myself and thus having spared you from having to have witnessed such a shameful showing of their craven behavior.

What total b****es they were!!! :mad:

How about if you had a board you could put your own name on as the bounty.

We could have multiple names on the bounty board.

You could have 3 brackets.

Lowbies

Mids

Lvl 70 bounties.

To encourage higher tier players (lvl 70) not to farm lower tiers you could do this

If you attacked someone (instigate the fight) against a lower lvl bracket and won, you wouldn’t get anything.

But if you lost, you would have to pay out 100k for each lvl lower than yours in the lower brackets. Ie if you’re lvl 70 and fight a lvl 20 and lose, you have to pay 5 mil in credits to the person you lost against, even if that means taking you to negative credits.

To encourage lower tier players to hunt higher tier players you could do this

If you attack someone (instigate the fight) in a higher lvl bracket and win, you get double the credits of what you would get vs someone in you’re own bracket.

If you lose, you have to pay 20k credits to the person you lost against

Imagine it in this context.

You’re Han Solo with a bounty on your head and you face Greedo and win, you get nothing cause Greedo is a lowbie nobody with no credits. But if you lose, Greedo gets a nice fat reward from Jabba. (So don’t shoot first ;))

If you face off against Bobba Fett and win, you get a nice reward cause you simulated looting the credits off his ship.

But if you lose, Bobba Fett gets a nice reward off Jabba.

Or you are Greedo (lowbie player) and you hear Jabba is after Han (lvl 70 player) and youll get a reward if you can get him. You’re not in Bobba Fett’s league and Jabba won’t pay as much, but that’s ok, it’s your chance to get some recognition and some more credits than you’re use to. You’ve a crap ship with a few credits lost down the back of the couch. What’s the worst that could happen :p

Last open world I had was against 3 guys on Yavin farming a conquest achievement.

They were pulling one white star at a time from our rep base to farm them.

I think they were only in the pvp instance because there was nobody there, the same as my wife, but she was doing story.

Anyway, my wife didn’t see them and ran past them and they jumped her. 3 guys and a healing comp.

Seeing as she’s not a pvper, she died really fast and got annoyed. So I said I’d come help on my Gaurdian. I love OWPVP.

She didn’t want to pvp, so she swapped instances. But those guys were still farming in the same spot.

I watched them for a few mins and made my plans on who I’d take down first.

Their comp healer was standing back behind them and they weren’t really paying attention. So I exited the base in a direction they wouldn’t notice and came up behind, jumped their comp healer and globablled it fast before they actually noticed.

Then I jumped the one one with the lowest health. Before he could really react I’d killed him.

Then it was 2v2. One PT and a Mara. I forced the Mara to combat stealth and run off to heal.

The PT was pounding away and I popped my heal to full, which he either didn’t notice or don’t know about. He healed me right up and I killed him before the Mara came back.

I’d blown all my GCDs at that point, but so had the Mara. I made short work of him and I didn’t see any of them again. I even went to the Imp base to see if they were there.

I figured I’d hang around on Yavin and do some mat farming. I come across another guy near the Imp base and saw he was only a lvl 67. So I left him alone. Next thing he jumps me and it’s on. He wasn’t bad and was obviously a pvper himself. I beat him and he came back for more and more. I think I killed him 6 times before he gave up.

That was about 3-4 months again.

Running to the base is a valid strategy if you're outnumbered, which more often that not is going to be case for one of the two groups in OWPVP. Open world PVP most of the time is a numbers game where the larger group destroys a smaller one, at least if they catch them in the open away from bases. It is rare for evenly matched groups to cross paths unless it is organized, and even with organized events usually one side has more individual players or guilds participating than the other.

I can't really fault for example a group of three doing dailies retreating to the base if they run into enemy faction Ops group outside it.

But if the groups are evenly matched and one retreats behind their NPCs, I agree that it is pretty lame.

Do you remember the old days before the pvp instances and when we had expertise gear.

I would always flag myself for pvp and ride around farming mats. I use to have my comp in pvp gear as well (something Icy said to do).

I didn’t have many reps Alts at that stage, so I would use my Sin and Sorc because Xalek is awesome 😎. Even though he was a tank, he had full dps pvp gear on with 2018 expertise. I turned of his taunts and only had his attacks enabled.

There would always be some guys in full OPs gear that would see me flagged and attack. You know the type, best Ops gear (always higher than pvp gear in stats, except no expertise ;)) and they would have a numbers advantage and jump me (which was my plan). None of them would ever flag first because hey, I was pvp flagged and an easy target for a bunch of pve guys to kill.

The thing is, Xalek in dps pvp gear was a beast. He could nearly kill one by himself because they would be busy trying to kill me and ignore him.

You guys ever had a bunch of pve guys jump you and then cry loudly when you kill them all. Those tears are so sweet. I would then go look for them and farm them over and over because they were too dumb to unflag and wait 5 mins in their base.

People would be complaining about pvpers flagging them on purpose when they didn’t want to pvp. But in my experience, there were always way more pve gear hero’s with a numbers advantage ready to jump you out of the blue and without flagging first. These were usually the guys who cried the most that pvpers were farming them.

Anyway, I miss the old system. It encouraged more OWPVP than this system. Being bait and running around doesn’t work if there is nobody in the instance with you, especially those dirty pve pubs who saw you as an easy target :D

I figured I’d hang around on Yavin and do some mat farming. I come across another guy near the Imp base and saw he was only a lvl 67. So I left him alone. Next thing he jumps me and it’s on. He wasn’t bad and was obviously a pvper himself. I beat him and he came back for more and more. I think I killed him 6 times before he gave up.

That was about 3-4 months again.

Some people are really slow leaners. heh

Nice work on humbling them all at the same time. ;)

Do you remember the old days before the pvp instances and when we had expertise gear.

I would always flag myself for pvp and ride around farming mats. I use to have my comp in pvp gear as well (something Icy said to do).

I didn’t have many reps Alts at that stage, so I would use my Sin and Sorc because Xalek is awesome 😎. Even though he was a tank, he had full dps pvp gear on with 2018 expertise. I turned of his taunts and only had his attacks enabled.

There would always be some guys in full OPs gear that would see me flagged and attack. You know the type, best Ops gear (always higher than pvp gear in stats, except no expertise ;)) and they would have a numbers advantage and jump me (which was my plan). None of them would ever flag first because hey, I was pvp flagged and an easy target for a bunch of pve guys to kill.

The thing is, Xalek in dps pvp gear was a beast. He could nearly kill one by himself because they would be busy trying to kill me and ignore him.

You guys ever had a bunch of pve guys jump you and then cry loudly when you kill them all. Those tears are so sweet. I would then go look for them and farm them over and over because they were too dumb to unflag and wait 5 mins in their base.

People would be complaining about pvpers flagging them on purpose when they didn’t want to pvp. But in my experience, there were always way more pve gear hero’s with a numbers advantage ready to jump you out of the blue and without flagging first. These were usually the guys who cried the most that pvpers were farming them.

Anyway, I miss the old system. It encouraged more OWPVP than this system. Being bait and running around doesn’t work if there is nobody in the instance with you, especially those dirty pve pubs who saw you as an easy target :D

I never used Xalek for OWPVP or knew he was more OP than other comps, but I did used to roam around with Expertise gear on myself and a comp. Good times!

I never quite understood why some people get salty about losing in PVP, open world or otherwise, and take it personal. It is just a game and losing is part of PVP. It happens to everyone to varying degrees.

Speaking of which I ran into that during the Gree event recently. Myself and a friend were in the process of running orbs when we got jumped by four people that were stealthed (not all were stealth classes but one of them was an Operative), and despite being outnumbered two to one we ended up beating them. It was a fun encounter until the insults started flying from one of the dead players that didn't quickly respawn.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco