Questions about the game

Rezzeh

Alright so I'm going to play SW:TOR (Pre-ordered last week) but generally don't know much about it, been playing WoW for 6 years now and really want to get into raiding in another game (or Operations?).

Got a few questions though, please don't refer me to google :rolleyes: :

1. Is there any reputation you can get, if so: Are there any raiding reputations?

2. There's heroic difficulty in heroics/raids (flashpoints/operations?)

3. Is Rebel Alliance (which I want to be) empty? I hear from everyone theyre going Sith (Inquisitor).

4. Guild levels, perks etc. etc.? And guild achievements?

5. Any points (aka Valor Points or JP) to spend on gear? Are these easy to obtain?

6. Is there any class close to the WoW Shadowpriest or Restodruid?

7. Can you make weapons look a bit more custom? I mean it's just lightsabers and blasters.

8. Racial abilities/perks? +1% crit bonus etc. etc.?

9. Raiding (Operation) attunements?

10. Can I roll both Sith and Rebel on the same server?

11. Anyone want to recommend a nice server with mainly people from the UK and western europe? (generally tend to speak English a tad better, no offense)

12. What do you think of Smuggler Scoundril Healer specced?

Thanks for the help and hope to see you ingame. If you want to play with me or whatever just send me a PM.

-- Ray

Edited by Rezzeh

1. Is there any reputation you can get, if so: Are there any raiding reputations?

No.

Yes.

3. Is Rebel Alliance (which I want to be) empty? I hear from everyone theyre going Sith (Inquisitor).

No such thing as the Rebel Alliance.

Yes. (Eventually)

5. Any points (aka Valor Points or JP) to spend on gear? Are these easy to obtain?

Commendations, and yes.

Sage or Sorceror I guess... but it's not an exact match.

7. Can you make weapons look a bit more custom? I mean it's just lightsabers and blasters.

There's tons of different weapon appearances.

Just fluffy social skills (extra dance, unique regen, companion slap, a salute, etc.

...What?

Yes, but they aren't called Rebels.

11. Anyone want to recommend a nice server with mainly people from the UK and western europe? (generally tend to speak English a tad better, no offense)

No idea, sorry.

They're really good.

Edited by Taelin

No.

Yes.

No such thing as the Rebel Alliance.

Yes. (Eventually)

Commendations, and yes.

Sage or Sorceror I guess... but it's not an exact match.

There's tons of different weapon appearances.

Just fluffy social skills (extra dance, unique regen, companion slap, a salute, etc.

...What?

Yes, but they aren't called Rebels.

No idea, sorry.

They're really good.

Thanks for the help man,

With raid attunements I mean keys to open raids, like for example the key you need to get through questing to get Karazhan open etc. etc.

Sorry for not knowing what the ''good guys'' are called, I've got no interest in SW itself or the lore, I'm hoping the game will invoke that :D What are the factions officially called anyways?

Another question: Are there going to be ''legendary'' like items that you get from doing a long long long quest? Or any super-long quest chains that give you something special (like Ahn'Qiraj for example)

Thanks for the quick response!

With raid attunements I mean keys to open raids, like for example the key you need to get

through questing to get Karazhan open etc. etc.

Just have to be level 50. Though, I wouldn't be surprised if some of the Operations that are released later on require a small prerequisite quest chain... just makes sense really, but with the smaller group sizes, it won't be nearly as much of a hassle as WoW was. :)

Sorry for not knowing what the ''good guys'' are called, I've got no interest in SW itself or the lore, I'm hoping the game will invoke that :D What are the factions officially called anyways?

Galactic Republic and Sith Empire

Another question: Are there going to be ''legendary'' like items that you get from doing a long long long quest? Or any super-long quest chains that give you something special (like Ahn'Qiraj for example)

Yup!

Edited by Taelin

Alright so I'm going to play SW:TOR (Pre-ordered last week) but generally don't know much about it, been playing WoW for 6 years now and really want to get into raiding in another game (or Operations?).

Earn rep with your companions.

No I don't think so.

The poll from old forums was like 54% Sith classes.

Don't think so

There's these token like things for each planet you can get *** drops or choose a a reward instead of another gear choice. Then spend them on PvP or PvE gear I think.

Inquisitor or Consular I would think.

Not really. There's many kinds http://swtor.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Weapons

Racials are only social

None

Yes

Look at the list it's stickied.

Never tried it.

Thanks for the help and hope to see you ingame. If you want to play with me or whatever just send me a PM.

-- Ray

You need to separate questions and put them in the appropriate forum section.

-- Ray

1) Not as far as I know, although I could be wrong.

2) There are multiple difficulty levels, yes

3) Pass ;)

4) Not yet. Guilds are still quite basic right now. More is likely to come

5) There are planetary commendations at all levels to spend on gear, as well as social points to spend on fluff items.

6) Sawbones Scoundrel has been likened to Resto Druid at the mo'. Can't say for certain about SPriest, although the Sage/Sorcerer may have a DoT tree, don't quote me on that

7) There are color options, but I'm not sure there's much else for customization.

8) All racial perks are social. In other words, no stat bonuses.

9) No attunements AFAIK

10) Yes, although I don't know about PvP servers.

11) North American here, can't give you any help, sorry.

12) I'm planning on that build myself, actually. From what I hear, it's all about energy conservation and HoTs. Sounds like a little bit of a learning curve, but I think I've played enough healing classes to be up for the challenge :D

Welcome!