Back after a long absence

smexymage

Hi All,

Have decided to sub as I need to scratch my SWTOR itch once again. I played game on/off since launch. For some reason I have no characters so will be proper starting from scratch. This is okay as I plan to do the class stories as I never did them all before.

So, with that said. Can anyone point me to somewhere which covers the big changes this game has gone through? I know about the expansions but anything else such as professions (are they still viable to make money on GTN) and that kind of thing would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

The server merges that may have caused your chars to vanish were in 2012. You could try to open a ticket, CS should sitill be able to restore these chars. They may have old stuff (armor shells, crafting schematics) you can't get anymore.

Anyway, with 5+ years after you last played it's a bit hard to list everything that is new for you. I'd treat SWTOR just like a new game if I were you.

Some major changes were:

• Skill trees were removed, you no longer distribute skillpoints on levelup but automatically proceed on your "discipline path" and pick from a selection utilities for customisation.

• Level sync: You level much faster now, but can no longer completely outlevel a planet to the point where mobs can't even hit you. You are scaled down (health and damage/healing) to the planet's max level +2, and still gain XP appropriate to your true level. (you can level to 70 on the starter planet if you want to)

• Companions no longer require gear but are powered by influence instead (and they are very powerful) you also can now choose whether they should be tank, dps or healer and can use the companion you like instead of the one who compliments your character's role.

• There are tons of other changes of course, like the addition of starfighter PVP and housing

For info on the game, Dulfy.net is still up and kicking. Tor Fashion and Tor Decorating cover your space-barbie needs, and

has excellent video-guides for new (and returning) players.

And... Welcome back!

Edited by Mubrak

but can no longer completely outlevel a planet to the point where mobs can't even hit you.

Not strictly true. In the earliest parts of a starter world (Gnarls, Tomb of Ajunta Pall, etc.), you will be up to 11 levels ahead of the local mobs, and on Dromund Kaas and Coruscant, the "first" zones you can be up to 18 to their 10 or so, so up to 8 levels ahead. On most other class-story planets, the discrepancy is limited to 6 levels, except on Quesh, which is a "narrower" planet.

The server merges that may have caused your chars to vanish were in 2012. You could try to open a ticket, CS should sitill be able to restore these chars. They may have old stuff (armor shells, crafting schematics) you can't get anymore.

Anyway, with 5+ years after you last played it's a bit hard to list everything that is new for you. I'd treat SWTOR just like a new game if I were you.

Some major changes were:

• Skill trees were removed, you no longer distribute skillpoints on levelup but automatically proceed on your "discipline path" and pick from a selection utilities for customisation.

• Level sync: You level much faster now, but can no longer completely outlevel a planet to the point where mobs can't even hit you. You are scaled down (health and damage/healing) to the planet's max level +2, and still gain XP appropriate to your true level. (you can level to 70 on the starter planet if you want to)

• Companions no longer require gear but are powered by influence instead (and they are very powerful) you also can now choose whether they should be tank, dps or healer and can use the companion you like instead of the one who compliments your character's role.

• There are tons of other changes of course, like the addition of starfighter PVP and housing

For info on the game, Dulfy.net is still up and kicking. Tor Fashion and Tor Decorating cover your space-barbie needs, and

has excellent video-guides for new (and returning) players.

And... Welcome back!

Thank you very much for your reply. Some great info there and some nice changes it seems with companions.

The only thing you need to know is that there is only 4 viable classes Mercs, OPs, Snipers and Marauders all others are rubish and no changes in sight to change it

Ignore this BS. It might be true that Mercs, OPs, etc, are desired for PvP and/or OPS, but it's only a minor preference, and there's a lot more to the game than just PvP.

No class is "rubbish", but you know how some people are: Coke is "epic" and Pepsi is "rubbish", or Coke is "rubbish" and Pepsi is "epic", when in reality they are both just "colas". :)