Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

I gave up in Ilum won't be bothered again now in the game.Thanks for completely ruining the experience for me bio :(

many people are now at valor cap and well me and others are having a nightmare even trying.I give up,good luck with the game i did have fun until today.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All people in Bioware are now busy farming their valor to 60. Its a known fact Bioware devs play Empire. Once they are done they will respond and maybe even deploy a fix.

Only when Bioware rerolls Republic will SWTOR see decent PVP.

Since valor rank is official and irrecoverably broken we need a new system to weed out the mouth breathers from the people who actually can play PvP/generate copious amounts of rage posts on the forums.

We will see Battlemasters that don't even understand the objective of Huttball where as yesterday a Battlemaster meant you stuck with him or got as far away as possible (depending if he's on you team). Ether way it meant something, even if you fix the issue on Illum the rank is forever tarnished.

Yeah I switched from a six month to a one month sub, the dev response to this (or lack there of) will go a long way to determining whether there will be a second month. A rollback is an absolute must for one, you cannot break what was already a lopsided balance, on many servers, so completely and then go on as if nothing has happened.

i was on the 6month as well now down to 1 month and will have to see how they sort this mess out, pity as i was enjoying myself upto today and i'm an imp player

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

well in skriggs vid why do u think there is constant lightning on the turret?

Because the whole 5 Republic players are already dead on the ground? No one has shown me any proof that the turrets give Valor. None at all.

Yes the development team cannot login. Due to imperials spawn camping them and earning a zillion developer slapping faction

Highly, Highly doubt a single BW employe plays as a republic mate! ;) The game is basically designed for the empire side.

call for emergncy maint. shut down the servers, remove the ilum part of the content patch. reroll servers back to before the patch was released. restart servers and problem fixed until you fix the ilum part of the patch.

yes this will make players who did anything today very upset, but the alternative is much worse. if i have to explain what the alternative is to you, then you probably dont belong on a pvp server lol.

this is the fairest solution that i can see happening... unless they have no way to rollback... then i shudder to think about what things will be like when i actually log on for the first time today lol.

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thanks. :)

I play a sith warrior and inquisator and even i think this is completely unfair to the Republic. Ilum is seriously broke and should be shutdown and blocked off completely until it is fixed and balanced. I haven't done any PVPing on Ilum yet, but the dailies are a joke and just too much of a chore to do with all the elites and strongs it takes forever to do them. Dailies are meant to be quick, not hours long. Its really annoying when you have two strongs that constantly heal each other and you can't fricking kill em half the time.

Ya this planet right now is a joke and i avoid it like the plaque reborn.

LOL @ Investigation..

Been farming valor off and on today, Empire side of course. Take my valor if you want, this just sucks. It's not exciting, its not PvP, its just a stupid grind workaround. I stopped because I just got bored, but don't see doing WZs as a viable alternative anymore due to the rate of valor gain. Once I get my dailies, I'm doing this, whether I like it or not.

IMO, Ilum needs to be shut down like Outlaw's Den was. Remove all incentive, like the valor boos objectives, and CERTAINLY remove any valor from turrets, and let it rot until its properly redesigned. Not this hot mess of a valor farm, or a stupid pick up the crates daily quest. That's not PvP either!

Before opening it back up, work on larger problems like faction imbalance. Prevent stuff like this from happening in the first place. Offer up, i don't know, faction transfers or something, or buff republic to be 5% stronger in PvE under 50 so they can level up faster so rolling an alt isn't as painful, or admit world pvp is a failure and move on. I don't care how this gets fixed and/or removed, but this is just untenable.

woot. I think it was all my poop posts taht did the trick

Buff the side with less population. Debuff the side with to many. Spawn NPC that are champions in the battlefield on the side that has less population.

Give people more incentive to play Republic. Like double XP or some awesome looking gear. Give a bigger boost of Valor to those that play on the side with barely any population.

I mean do something for those that play the losing side. Hell, put Heroes on the battlefield so it makes this like Star Wars: Battlefront.