Operative PvE DPS - Lethality or Concealment?

JoshDizzy

Hello!

I've been thinking of starting an Operative DPS for use mainly in 50 PvE however i will be doing lots of PvP before level 50. Which tree would provide the best DPS for PvE and ( If there's a massive difference) for PvP too

A side note : I honestly don't care that they were nerfed and are now apparently bad DPS - I feel like making one because it'll be new to me and I feel like I could make it work if I leaned to play it correctly :)

Cheers!

~Dizzy

Leaning closer to Lethality, at least on lower gear levels. Can't really comment on PvE, since I haven't raided with a DPS Scounderl\Operative, but for PvP, I'd take Lethality, at least till I'm full augmented BM with WH mainhand. Lethality allows you for greater freedom because it has a lot of fire and forget damage, and distance flexibility. You can use ducking more often to prevent getting pulled or charged, and you have an extra root-break to allow you to pillardance an enemy to death with DoTs.

Hope that helped. Good luck.

I've seen some operative dps do pretty darn well. There's a lot to be said for player skill. And proper gear, of course.

I tried both concealment and lethality, but it's been a while. I think overall I prefer the play style of concealment, but Lethality will not tie you so much to the backside of the boss. if you can, you still want to be there and use backstab every now and then and you still need to shiv to build TA, but wiht concealment that's your bread and butter. Lethality does give you more freedom to move around without losing dps.

I have a lvl 31 Operative and i've gone most the way up on concealment and i frankly love that tree. But it focuses you more on the use of your shiv. Which suits me just fine, i love appearing from nowhere and hitting a person almost 7 times with shiv attacks before just fading away.

There is no reason to not mess around with both. One thing I can definitely say that I forgot to mention, is level up concealment. Lethality is not great to level in for either operatives or snipers.

Also, when I switched from Concealment to Lethality, I initially didn't like it at all, but then I got to like it. Same with my sniper, actually I loathed Lethaltiy when I first switched over but now I don't want to play any other spec. The downside for operatives and lethality is that Shiv is your only way of building TA, and Cull consumes TA. So it's a constant battle to keep that TA stacking up. I would love it if they gave Operatives another way to proc TA, like Concealment can proc it with Lacerate and Medics can proc it with Kolto Probe.

level concealment. it is ezmode with the sleep dart,flashbang,global strike and cloaking screen. personally i find it easiest with a dps companion except on boss, then i use tank companion. The problem with concealment is it relies heavily on backstab, which isn't an option when you have aggro.

at endgame, lethality is more mobile. but treath them like a melee dps.

Edited by RyanReagan