Motion Sickness in Umbara

I just tried my hand at the Umbara fp, and, MAJOR reset Bugs with Bosses aside, it was literally slightly sickening.

The Entire train constanly shakes. EVERYTHING except the UI does, which brigns up 2 questions:

1) What utterly ****** train is that? that constant-multi-directional shaking over the entire moving period? that's pretty much the crappiest train ever build. Doesn't make much sense ingame.

2) Why was that implemented? In what way does it add to the experience in any positive way? Who though that that wouldn#t case problems for people sitting in an unmoving chair, before and unmoving monitor, and even an unmoving UI, but the entire rest of the screen shaking?

I hope you guys at BW can fix that constant shaking soon, and the boss resets, otherwise the fp is just unplayable because i prefer not to get nausea from playing a game.

I just tried my hand at the Umbara fp, and, MAJOR reset Bugs with Bosses aside, it was literally slightly sickening.

The Entire train constanly shakes. EVERYTHING except the UI does, which brigns up 2 questions:

1) What utterly ****** train is that? that constant-multi-directional shaking over the entire moving period? that's pretty much the crappiest train ever build. Doesn't make much sense ingame.

2) Why was that implemented? In what way does it add to the experience in any positive way? Who though that that wouldn#t case problems for people sitting in an unmoving chair, before and unmoving monitor, and even an unmoving UI, but the entire rest of the screen shaking?

I hope you guys at BW can fix that constant shaking soon, and the boss resets, otherwise the fp is just unplayable because i prefer not to get nausea from playing a game.

I have bad news for you. Nothing actually shakes in Umbara fp, Check your computer, your game, your eyes, etc, because it's just you.

I have bad news for you. Nothing actually shakes in Umbara fp, Check your computer, your game, your eyes, etc, because it's just you.

Actually it does.

When you are on/in the train, just put your cursor somewhere and take your hand off your mouse (or simply look at the border between the UI and the rest of the screen).

There is small but constant movement of the non-UI/non-Cursor parts of the game in that fp. It's not big, but it is constantly there. And looking at that and other screen-shake parts in the game, the small but constant amount is probably worse than some larger-scale shake, because it makes your eyes constantly refocus and move with the scenery, instead of 'showing' you that stuff moves around/sakes around a lot.

Mind you, the low FPS I'm currently getting on that fp (20-28 comarped to a steady 60 on fleet and in other fp's) might make the effect worse than it was originaly intended, but even then the constant moving seems lika a complete waste, to small to be noticeable enought to have an imapct on the experience, but big enought to cause problems for some people.

Edited by HiveOracle

I can't say I noticed any shaking of the train myself but I will say the first time I ran the FP on SM I did find that the constant movement of the scenery zooming past in my peripheral vision was a little off-balancing. The 2nd and 3rd time I ran the FP though it wasn't as huge a deal; just something you gotta get used to I guess.