Sith Warrior act one finale *spoilers*

hunterraaze

WARNING THERE ARE SPOILERS.

Not going to bother setting up the spoiler thing, but I think I have given enough warning.

Anyways, I just finished chapter one on my Sith Warrior. During the finale, (the encounter on Hutta), my jaw dropped. It was amazing. I honestly feel that that has been the best written story in in the entire (from what I have seen). It was amazing. When I first started my character, my goal was to be pure evil, and not have a single point of light side on alignment sheet. I continually read how this made the Warrior story very boring, but went against it any ways. I feel this would have not been NEARLY as amazing as if I were to do light side. I literally had shivers going down my spine. I loved how I began to corrupt Jaesa's master, I kept provoking him to release his anger. With each passing battle, he grew more and more corrupt. Eventually, she arrived. She saw what has happened to her master, and I corrupted her, and had her kill her master. I think one of the reasons I found this bit so amazing, was that it really shows how so very easy it is to succumb to the dark side, how Human nature, is naturally evil (kind of relates to the book LoTF). I also liked the realization her master had, right before his doom, of what he has done, showing the regret of his decision. I don't know, maybe I'm over thinking this. But it was truly my favorite story moment of the game so far. And it has gotten me really excited for the rest of my class story. What are your thoughts on this? Did any one else get as much enjoyment from this act as me? And, does the rest of the Warriors story even come close to the greatness of this?

I feel this would have not been NEARLY as amazing as if I were to do light side.

False. Light Side Act 1 is AMAZING.

If you do it light side, Act 1 goes like this:

You present yourself as a reasonable, sensible and rational person. You don't start fights, but you do finish them. Every Jedi you face becomes wholly confused by you. You even get the opportunity to point out the flaws in the Jedi Code and humiliate a few of them.

When you get to Nomen Karr, he refuses to accept the premise that you would be satisfied only to meet Jaesa and resolve the conflict peacefully. He comes at you again and again, at each time you strike him down. He becomes furious that he cannot beat you, and you nonchalantly outskill him at his own game.

When Jaesa comes around, you convince her that the Jedi are ignorant and that being a sith isn't all about being a mohawk sodomite trenchcoat wearer with a potato for a brain--it's just about using the force to its fullest.

It's very fun.

Yep, Jaesa was so confused to see that I wasn't some psychotic killing machine, and yet, I was a sith. Hearing her mumbling "No, there is a mistake, that can't be true, there is mercy and justice in you, HOOOOOW?!" was totally worth playing not even a light-sided, but a neutral character.

You present yourself as a reasonable, sensible and rational person. You don't start fights, but you do finish them. Every Jedi you face becomes wholly confused by you. You even get the opportunity to point out the flaws in the Jedi Code and humiliate a few of them.

When you get to Nomen Karr, he refuses to accept the premise that you would be satisfied only to meet Jaesa and resolve the conflict peacefully. He comes at you again and again, at each time you strike him down. He becomes furious that he cannot beat you, and you nonchalantly outskill him at his own game.

When Jaesa comes around, you convince her that the Jedi are ignorant and that being a sith isn't all about being a mohawk sodomite trenchcoat wearer with a potato for a brain--it's just about using the force to its fullest.

It's very fun.

Pretty much...

For Act 1, Light side is insanely amazing. It leaves you feeling like you're a sparkling diamond in a huge mudpit, and all the Jedi can do is scratch their brainwashed heads. "But.. but.. Sith are evil, rite!? He won't attack us... and he's Sith,.. uhh.. Attack him!!!" Light Sith really do make Jedi look like walking, talking hypocrits. I love it! :rak_03:

It's very fun.

On the dark side, Kar also attacks you repeatedly, growing closer and closer to the dark side, getting more powerful with each attack. I continued to provoke him. When I had him chained up, and Jaesa came in, the look on her face, and the sound of her voice, were great. She starts speaking off how her whole life has been nothing but lies, and wanted that to change when becoming a Jedi. I convinced her that Kar has lied to her her whole life, about the Light Side being more powerful etc.

I take back what I said about it not being nearly as amazing, going Light. That does sound good, but for me, personally, I have always liked darker fiction. And I personally am very glad that I went dark, and am very satisfied with this bit of story. Thanks for bringing that up though. It does actually sound pretty cool.

On the dark side, Kar also attacks you repeatedly, growing closer and closer to the dark side, getting more powerful with each attack. I continued to provoke him. When I had him chained up, and Jaesa came in, the look on her face, and the sound of her voice, were great. She starts speaking off how her whole life has been nothing but lies, and wanted that to change when becoming a Jedi. I convinced her that Kar has lied to her her whole life, about the Light Side being more powerful etc.

I take back what I said about it not being nearly as amazing, going Light. That does sound good, but for me, personally, I have always liked darker fiction. And I personally am very glad that I went dark, and am very satisfied with this bit of story. Thanks for bringing that up though. It does actually sound pretty cool.

watch this so you can see the difference:

watch this so you can see the difference:

Thanks for the link. I have to say though, I still prefer the dark side. I really liked the way it showed just how easy the dark side is to succumb to. This one, it felt kind of forced, the multiple battles with him. To each their own though.

I played my Male SW as sort of a more reasonable and fair version of Darth Vader: Killing someone for just the hell of it was foolish, unless they were SERIOUSLY asking for it, and you often got one chance to fix your mistakes, if not, sorry, you're done. His view was, the whole point of the Sith Code was to use your emotions and passions as your strength, not be a drooling psycho.

My warrior was also a Light sider. Every interaction with Kar showed how fixated he was on Baras and his need to destroy him. He refuses to see reason, and you could tell that his fall to the Dark side had begun a long time before the final confrontation on Hutta.

And the Light sided warrior's goal is to change the Empire from within. (S)he needs Jaesa's ability to do that. So it made the story line much more compelling for me.

The warrior's story line is my favorite of all the stories in TOR.

I have four level 50s now and out of those four I believe the Sith Warrior had the best story line beyond any doubt.

Act 1 was amazing and the final Act was also very good, becoming the emperor's wrath and having the ultimate authority behind you.