Healer queued for FP for 20 minutes, nothing pops. Is this normal?

Snowbird

harbinger, i switched chars, queued again as healer for another 20 min and it popped finally. got a retarded tank and had to kick them, finished instance with no tank and 2 healers (+quinn).. gg. Edited by Snowbird

Luck of the draw I guess. It has been pretty much an instant pop for me the last couple of days. I'm not doing HMs but higher level fps. I think the level of the fp may have something to do with it as well as the fp itself. For example, I hate Collocoid so I don['t queue up for it. I know others that feel the same way about that one. Kaon is the same way. I like that fp, but I find peeps stay away from it. You need a good tank or it is a nightmare.

They wont let people queue for flashpoints while in warzones. Warzones pop faster (10-13 min, instead of a possible 20+ minute wait) so the majority of people who have no patience are just mashing out warzone after warzone because its faster, and flashpoints are kind of getting the shaft. Best thing to do is push flashpoints in general chat on your server, get people to queue up, say there are people queue'd. And then you still have to deal with clueless dps queuing as tank to speed up the pop.

kinda standard. Tanks seem to be the limiting reagent here. when i queue my healer with a tank guildie, our q always insta-pops. a dozen times now....zero waiting. Make friends with a competent tank and q up together. You should almost always get a q instantly.

Pretty much this looks like a lot of people are rolling healers and not enough tanks. We did several FPs after agreement that I setup as tank with 3 DPS and healers

Maybe they need to consolidate it all into 3 servers... PVE, PVP and RP w/e

Its clearly not a problem with player number, but with tank numbers. So, i dont think consolidation will do much to help that.

Kicking players who are atempting to tank is also a bad policy. You should try to teach them, especially since you're in the same server.

Also, the incentive to run dungeons is probably on the low side when many lvl 60 are already campaign/black hole geared

Edited by Nemmar

It just fluctuates. I run 2 Tanks, healer and DPS all doing HM FP's on Harbinger. I don't bother queueing on DPS without a guildmate as tank or healer. That is just an exercise in frustration. On healer and tanks, sometimes insta-pops, sometimes I wait. Does not seem to be any rhyme or reason as to healer or tank.

harbinger, i switched chars, queued again as healer for another 20 min and it popped finally. got a retarded tank and had to kick them, finished instance with no tank and 2 healers (+quinn).. gg.

I'm on Harbinger as well. I've never had to wait 20 minutes as a healer but the times have definately been longer since 1.4 although I'm unsure why other than people are queing less for some reason.

I wait lots 20+ minutes as dps but that's not unexpected honestly. I still love the group tool. I'd probably not get groups at all without it because I don't have a guild and I don't have the patience to stand around in fleet looking for a group.