Fix bugged/unobtainable codex entries before 2.0 launch for Achievements

Keltuzet

With the achievement system approaching, there will be several achievements unobtainable because the requisite codex entries are unobtainable. Many of these are bugs that have been present since launch over a year ago, reported and repeatedly ignored.

These lists aren't entirely inclusive, but list many unobtainable codex entries for Republic and Imperial players. I've personally run into other codex entries that didn't unlock for me that aren't on these lists (such as Jedi Weapon on my Sentinel). When I've put in support tickets, the codex entries were not unlocked for me.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

Please fix these before the 2.0 launch.

Has someone tested if they are broken on the PTS?

I've gone through and looked at a number of Achievement and Codex entries, and I can confirm that not only do all of the old Codex problems appear to still be there but there are some brand new ones in the Achievement system. A couple of examples would be the Terentatek beast entry from the Tython Codex, which is included in the Achievement list, this has been bugged for quite some time as there are no such beasts on Tython. On Korriban and several other places the Exploration achievement is listed as an 80 point requirement but only has 70 points of contributing Achievements. Both of these problems will render worlds uncompletable and so far I haven't encountered a single world that doesn't have at least a few of these problems. BW needs to take some time and run a sweep through the existing Codex entries to clean them up and take another look at the Achievement system to make sure that everything adds up.

I had really hoped I could finally go out in the world and do these achievements and complete my codex. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I was actually really excited about going exploring and it having some meaning to my legacy/achievements. :(

Edited by spectreclees

I had really hoped I could finally go out in the world and do these achievements and complete my codex. Sadly, this doesn't seem to be the case.

I was actually really excited about going exploring and it having some meaning to my legacy/achievements. :(

It can still be a help, some of the Achievements pay out in cartel coins, but so far as I've seen 100% completion just isn't possible with all of the problems that have snuck in.

I leveled a Shadow through Coruscant on the PTS, at least one lore object gave me the codex entry but I didn't get the corresponding achievement step for it....

I really hope they will check all this thing and not release 2.0 without cleaning/fixing things first.

Edited by Turshek

One can only hope - Damion did say at the London Cantina tour that the Codex was getting a major clean up, if this is the extent then it is a real let down.

I've got my fingers crossed that it'll all come good before 2.0 releases as it's still a ways off now

BWs fixes will just cause new bugs, like when they added Auto /stuck in. Since you can't turn it off you will have a tough time getting some datacrons, like on Corellia. Add a setting to toggle it on or off. (On by Default)

There's another unobtainable achievement, the mission "[Heroic 2+] Possessed Hunter" on Dromund Kaas is a mission no longer obtainable within the game. Apparently it was available in the Beta version but was removed, so that Hero of Dromund Kaas achievement is no longer obtainable.

I also like to point a few flaws in the current achievement system.

- Every set of Exploration achievements for the planets is set 10 points higher then achievements points available.

- There are no achievements for the new heroic space missions(which are worthless in 2.0 due to the fact that there is nothing new on the fleet vendor or the reputation vendor.)

- Other then the vehicle achievement, there is no achievement for killing the Nightmare Pilgrim.

- Many achievements are not unlocking for things that have already been accomplished. EX. I don't have credit for vehicles i already own such as the big speeders from EV/KP. I don't have credit for the EV/KP speed runs even though i still have my titles and codex's associated with them. these can be serious problems for people who don't have multiple toons and unable to get these vehicles if you already have them.

- Lots of achievements that are unachievable unless you have the collectors edition. Many of the items sold on the CE vendor are BoP making the tauntaun hunter impossible unless you are CE (also requires the one from codes they give away at special in-person events) Why not make the CE vendor items BoE and let those who can sell the items, or allow current subscribers to upgrade to the CE since it is impossible to purchase anymore.

- I know that it was already stated by a dev that achievements for items no longer in game would be removed, but the achievements for the Rakgoul and Acquisition event armor are still in. Unless these events plan to come back with the same set of gear i would suggest removing them.

- This is a personal problem i have so many might just look over it, but the PVP achievements for planets not only seem unfair, but i would like to see them removed from the Locations tab and put in the PVP tab. it might be good for those on PVP servers to kill people on low level planets or invade the opposite faction's bases, but on a PVE server flagged people on most <50 planets is very rare. Ive also heard of people getting reported for harassment for killing flagged lowbies on other planets on PVE servers. I'm not a big player of PVP so i will not care about the PVP tab's percentage, but having PVP associated with almost ever planet will hold back many PVE people from achieving 100%. If I'm not mistaken, i believe that valor rank achvments is also not under the PVP tab, but under the Legacy tab. I also oppose this unless they change it to leagcy wide valor which we all know they will never do. It's simple in my mind, move PVP achievements under the PVP tab. Don't force PVE achievement hunters to gank lowbies.

- Also, the achievement for killing Snowblind is listed as kill Whitefang.

Edited by DustinDune

• 1 month later...
Dear BW and EA. If you don't fix the codex, I"m unsubscribing. I have submitted multiple tickets for over a year. It has frustrated me since launch, and now Achievements are also broken because of it. Some MMO players play for the discovery, exploration and completion elements of the game. Please fix the codex, or lose a subscriber.

BWs fixes will just cause new bugs, like when they added Auto /stuck in. Since you can't turn it off you will have a tough time getting some datacrons, like on Corellia. Add a setting to toggle it on or off. (On by Default)

"But in our enthusiasm, we could not resist a radical overhaul of the system, in which all of its major weaknesses have been exposed, analyzed, and replaced with new weaknesses."

-- Bruce Leverett, Register Allocation in Optimizing Compilers