Smugger - Gunslinger AoE spec

Blackyce

So I've been watching some live feeds of people leveling in SWTOR while I wait to get in and I found a feed of a guy playing a Gunslinger doing an AOE spec.

Brum Gaming

After watching him take on 5-6 level 20/21's at 22, making his questing much easier, I thought I might try to make an AOE spec for the Gunslinger and this is what I came up with.

Gunslinger 0/21/20 aoe spec

So what does everyone think?

So I've been watching some live feeds of people leveling in SWTOR while I wait to get in and I found a feed of a guy playing a Gunslinger doing an AOE spec.

Brum Gaming

After watching him take on 5-6 level 20/21's at 22, making his questing much easier, I thought I might try to make an AOE spec for the Gunslinger and this is what I came up with.

Gunslinger 0/21/20 aoe spec

So what does everyone think?

reposting my response to your other thread:

This is a similar build that I was exploring for my IA-sniper:engineer.

There was a 12-13 page thread on the IA class forum specifically about engineering, before the server wipe. A major problem that was being brought up about the hybrid spec was that some of the talents did not work between the two trees (arsonist, independent anarchy, and black market equipment) Some people were saying that the talents weren't working properly period, or that they weren't working with shrap bomb, because it's not really an area effect, and just 3 dots.

I personally never got high enough during my beta test to actually test the lethality(sabateur)

tree(I got to rank 25), but my general feel was that the talents specific to engineering(dirty fighting) were working properly. Frag grenade went from 1800 crits to 2200 (which IS roughly 30% crit damage increase) and the explosive engineering talent was also working on explosive probe and frag gren.

On paper, the hybrid spec looks superior to a pure spec build, especially with all the bonuses you get between the two trees. Personally, I'm going to probably go a pure spec then hybrid for testing purposes and determine which is better than which. Expect an analysis from me in the future, since I am rolling a smuggler for pvp ( republic being outnumbered and all)

Edited by EasternWind

... and reposting my response to this newly moved thread:

Why do you have Dealer's Discount (reduce energy cost of Sabotage charge, Shock charge, and incendiary grenade by 8)? You're hardly using any of those, I suspect... maybe you'll open with sabotage charge, but it requires cover and a 30 sec cooldown.

In any case, that's 8 energy saved every 30 seconds for sabotage, and another 8 every 18 seconds for shock charge. I would actually try to get Sabotage, which would give you an extra Cool Head every minute, worth 50 energy a minute.

You would want to get rid of Dirty Escape at 50, too... but it would be great for pvp and levelling.

Otherwise, I really like where you went with that.

Something like this?

Gunslinger AoE spec

Yeah, something like that. I'm going to try out a similar build. I haven't decided whether I like Fighting Spirit or Feelin' Woozy better. One reduces cool head cooldown, the other is a snare. Fighting spirit works well with black market equipment (+12% crit on bleeds).

Edited by Vuelhering