Reader's Digest: 50 THINGS (your healer won't tell you)

Mirdthestrill

This is my pet peeve, my raid leader always likes to call out when people need big heals, what he doesn't understand is that by the time he calls out that people need heals, if I hadent already started casting a second ago, they would probably be as good as dead.

That nonsense should not stand.

Calling out for a battle rez is one thing, since you only get one per fight, the RL who wants to make that call is within rights.

A RL calling out who gets healed...what does he think you are doing? Are you somehow playing whackamole with a blindfold? Does he also tell the Commandos when to cast Grav Round spam and when to switch to Hammer Shot?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That nonsense should not stand.

Calling out for a battle rez is one thing, since you only get one per fight, the RL who wants to make that call is within rights.

A RL calling out who gets healed...what does he think you are doing? Are you somehow playing whackamole with a blindfold? Does he also tell the Commandos when to cast Grav Round spam and when to switch to Hammer Shot?

yeah having the RL calling out for heals is wel.. plain stupid.

but i always have a chuckle when ours yells "top up the tank!!!" like he isn't our top priority either way:P

but i always have a chuckle when ours yells "top up the tank!!!" like he isn't our top priority either way:P

Next time call back with "No problem, just as soon as I get done casting Mortar Volley."

To be slightly fair, it's possible for there to be fights where keeping the tank at 100% isn't a priority, and fights where keeping them topped off is absolutely mandatory. Most of the time, though, such bleating is just the RL feeling the need to say something, anything.

Dear dps that decide they need to rush in first, I didn't heal you because idiocy can't be cured.

Dear dps, I chose to heal myself over you because if I die everyone dies, if you die I can res you.

Dear dps, don't expect me to save every skill for your own personal use.

Dear dps, if you run behind an object and miss my heal its your own bloody fault.

Please don't tell me you need heals, especially if you're a tank. I know you damn well need heals. You know what I need? I need a TANK who can pull these damn adds off me and some DPS that will kill them so I can HEAL YOU FFS.

Dear Dps; I assure you that you were, in fact, nowhere remotely close to "One heal from soloing it."

Dear Tanks; I know you're playing in a house-fire and therefore must finish the FP as fast as humanly possible, but charging off down the hall to the next group while I still have three mobs you never picked up all over me isn't going to work.

Dear Everyone; We wiped, and it sucked. The nerve of you to remain there dead for me to come back and rez offends and angers me.

Dear fellow Imperial PvP'ers; They're winning because you relentlessly chase a gunslinger with 1/4 health while their healers free-heal and the rest of their team ravages every orifice on my body.

Dear Whomever; Don't complain at me when the door opens and the three silvers run, un-checked, and violate me. If you put half as much effort into paying attention to your surroundings as you did into that PvP gear you're expertly raiding in, we may not have wiped to trash.

I play a tank and DPS.

I am the worst healer in the world. I have tried it in other games and it wasn't made for me.

But I have always respected my healers. And man I couldn't stop laughing from many of your comments. I have seen majority of what has been stated in action.

Minor issue but really annoys me, raiding with guild, wipe in progress (half raid dead) theres always some dying who asks for heals and tells to combat ress this or that guy. what they should be doing is exit area to save repairs and speed up another try

Dont you have ops group showing whole raid so youd see its a wipe in progress, its useful to see everyones health even if you arent healer and it really doesnt take that much screen space if scaled proprely and put to some corner.

A bit modified list of things about healers (original credits go to Korochun's - DoK Manifesto ^^) Quite fitting I might add :p

1. Not all targets are created equal. There is only so much Energy/Ammo/Force to pass around. If you didn't get healed, you were not worthwhile enough to get healed. Try being useful.

2. It's your own damn fault. Maybe if I wasn't so busy healing so many people, I could've healed you. And the reason I was so busy is probably because you were being bad at your job. You know, if you put out more DPS or tanked better, there would be less attack pressure on your own team, and therefore, there would be less healing pressure, too.

3. We are here to get you through in one piece, not to check on your underwear. We are here to try and prevent your sorry arse from hitting the ground while putting pressure on the enemy, nothing more and nothing less. Satisfaction is not guaranteed, but as long as you're still alive, I don't want to hear a word outta you. And use the OOC heal, saves a lot of headaches for us.

4. If you have time to be complaining, you have time to be useful. Go do something productive. Bash a hunter. Stab a sith sorc. Violate a pie. We know everything you're going to whine about...

5. ...and we don't care. We're very likely doing our best with what we got. Most people don't even realize we are healing them, as much as they only notice the fact that they are not yet dead. Also, why are you still talking?

6. Stop telling us to heal. Unless you want us to tell you to DPS. Or tank. Every single time someone in your vicinity dies. What do you mean, taunt is not godmode?

7. Healing is not godmode. We are neither omniscient, nor omnipotent. We have limited resources. Just like you do. Before stopping to nag us, stop and think.

8. You are not important. It's only what you do that matters. If you want to get heals, do something important, and do it well.

9. Wars have casualties. Enjoy the graveyard run.

10. We're not your worshippers. In fact, as far as we're concerned, you're only kept alive to amuse us with your antics.

^^

Edited by Spartanash

Dear Tank,

Get this *********** mob off me !!

Dear DPS

I didn't CC that guy for a joke !!

Dear other Healer

Lets leave these grunts to it, go get trashed at the nearest cantina and pick up a couple of Twi'lek ******s

Dear Tank,

Get this *********** mob off me !!

Dear DPS

I didn't CC that guy for a joke !!

Dear other Healer

Lets leave these grunts to it, go get trashed at the nearest cantina and pick up a couple of Twi'lek ******s

^^ this XD

I had always thought people knew these three rules to being a healer. They were highlighted on page 2 of the Healer Handbook. It is in the section right after: "Why asking for a heal during the fight is always a bad idea"

1) If the tank dies, it is my fault

2) If I die, it is the tanks fault

3) DPS dies, it is their own fault

Sounds like most of you guys have a rule three situation going on :D

i have an issue with "if tank dies its my fault" considering all i need to do is stop to regen after combat for some of them to run out of range and get splatted

i wont take blame for stupid people running out of range of healers and dying :)

ui shows people who are in range, it should be your hint on when to attack and when to wait

out of range=no heals

i remember having an argument once when we wiped

had loads of mobs on me and ended up dieing.

of course i got blamed for it, and even told that it was my fault i had them on me and i shouldn't be dps'ing

told them i didn't do any dps'ing at all, and they couldn't beleive it, as healing doesn't cause any aggro, so i must have been to be getting the attention of the mobs.

theres been times when i keep getting told to use cloud mind to get mobs off me.

which doesn't really work when its either on CD from a previous mod, or used on a mob no one else has any threat with

My raid leader used to do this. He's DPS. I've healed in many games and did'ent appreciate it. I soon put a stop to it. Each time he'd yell something like that .. *tank needs a heal* or *heal so-and-so* I'd reply with *<boss> needs DPS on him" .. "DPS the boss now, harder" .. "Boss is still alive, we need to DPS" ...

He soon got the message and stopped that crap. I'm also very protective of my fellow raid healers. Mistakes are made yes and we fix them, when others start ************ out our healers, does not matter if they are right or wrong, I jump all over them and point out every flaw in thier play from the past months raiding. They leave our healers alone now :p

Actually the most annoying is when melee dps think they are "I have lazor swordz I can tank too!!!!11!1" and jumps into the face of 3x silver mobs and expects me to heal it xD

And yea... most healers dont get protected in PvP or PvE XD

Or when they happily run into another party of mobs while I have near zero resource xD

And no...

I wont take the blame for a tanks death if he is stupid enough to pull more that the party + I can handle x) The usualy L2P issue is not always with the healer :p

1) Don't get hit if you're DPS.

2) Dont out agro the tank.

3) Don't stand in the funky coloured marker on the floor.

4) Don't ever mouth off at me if you're being a numpty (polite way of putting things).

5) If you start doing point 4, I'm gone before you can press enter.

6) Don't ninja, I have two accounts, I can be on fleet telling everyone while we're still arguging in party chat.

7) Depending on which toon I'm playing, don't break CC after 3 seconds on something I have a 60 second cooldown on.

8) Be polite!

9) I'm having trouble coming up with new ones.

10) Be good to yourselves, and each other. </Jerry>

11) Peel off the healer, sod the DPS!

Edited by Tatumsa

This isnt medieval combat, you dont each pick a mob to personally duel!

please for gods sake dps one at a time and/or kill the low health mobs first, each mob that goes down makes my job a hell of a lot easier.

Edited by Watcherzero

I am the group leader (almost always). I have set the group assignments and marked targets to make it easier.

"This one (marked target) is CC'd, leave it alone. Turn off AoE, ignore it."

"This one (2nd marked target) is primary target. Tank hits it, then DPS unloads on it WHEN I SAY SO"

"This one (3rd marked target) is secondary target. Ignore it until primary is down"

... rinse, repeat for all mobs in the group.

"Everybody understands their roles?"

(Get an affirmitive response from everyone)

"ok, tank go go go (and I CC my target)"

DPS split, 1 goes after my CC target, another goes after secondary target, and if it is an Ops group, the rest explode out of my range like shrapnel coming off a bomb.

5 minutes later... dude, why didn't you heal us?

At that point, the group is short of some DPS and I start spamming for group members.

There are 3 class types in this game - tank, healer and DPS. DPS typically seem to need the shortest class type title, because they lack the attention span for anything longer than 3 letters.

Edited by Erevan_Kindelar

1) It's easier to heal you if you don't follow mobs into cover. On that same note, running away from me is a surefire way to get yourself killed.

2) Why the hell won't you get this melee off me!?

3) Getting trashed in Alderaan because I'm the only healer in the WZ? Don't leave me defending West.

4) If you get pulled/harpooned into the cluster**** on Ilum, I'm not going after you.

5) Tanks, make sure I'm close by BEFORE you leap into that mob.

6) R-E-S-P-E-C-T, find out what it means to me.

(pug member)

"Why do you have more hp's than our tank?"

(me)

"Because I'm a mercenary healer, and I'm probably going to need them while grouping with you"

My favorite is when they train bombs, bosses that AE, or other unfriendly things, right to your person. "Look what I found!". Great, now I need to heal twice as much as it detonates/explodes/AE's on me as well. Not to mention any knockdowns associated. Thanks.