Jedi Covenant PvP Records Thread

NamikazeNaruto

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why have a PvP records thread if all of the top numbers are completely fabricated games? You should have a congratulations, you have 15 other friends that are willing to stand around and continually run back so that you can take one screen shot thread then. Congrats for being, uh, popular?

Why have a PvP records thread if all of the top numbers are completely fabricated games? You should have a congratulations, you have 15 other friends that are willing to stand around and continually run back so that you can take one screen shot thread then. Congrats for being, uh, popular?

Care to point out the fabricated games? The ones that make the records, ofc.

Edited by Ravashakk

Because a healer no one has even heard of magically pulls off the biggest single heal so far? That totally was not fabricated. LOLZ

Whether that was fabricated or not, if I didn't add it I'd have to remove that whole category. The reason is I'd have to look at every biggest heal with a fine tooth comb after that. There's no way to even tell that #2 and #3 aren't fabricated as well on biggest heal. Where would I draw the line? Do I say every heal over 9000 is fabricated? How about over 8000? Over 7000? That record is just too easy to fabricate, and too difficult to tell when it is fabricated, unlike overall damage, which required 2 groups of 8 to set up... and is very obvious when it is fabricated.. so I can keep all of the fabricated records on overall damage off the category.

Edit: And you say noone has ever heard of Grozny, lol. He's probably one of the top 3 sage healers on the server, along with Tyrone and Utopi.

From the front page:

You must have played a minimum of 30 rated games to be considered for the win/loss ratio. All ratios submitted that are under 30 rated games played won't be put onto the list.

I'm thinking of changing it to 50 games minimum and making that final... as I'm thinking 30 may be too lenient.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Whether that was fabricated or not, if I didn't add it I'd have to remove that whole category. The reason is I'd have to look at every biggest heal with a fine tooth comb after that. There's no way to even tell that #2 and #3 aren't fabricated as well on biggest heal. Where would I draw the line? Do I say every heal over 9000 is fabricated? How about over 8000? Over 7000? That record is just too easy to fabricate, and too difficult to tell when it is fabricated, unlike overall damage, which required 2 groups of 8 to set up... and is very obvious when it is fabricated.. so I can keep all of the fabricated records on overall damage off the category.

i'll go into more detail why I think the biggest heal is a rather useless record. all the heals over 8k and I will bet all of the heals over 7k have been "gamed" (even if it wasn't intentional). why? because in pvp, if you are in combat, you have the trauma debuff on you that reduces all healing done. I think we can all agree that the intention of this thread is to show off spontaneous pvp records, which means you should be in combat and it shouldnt be pre-planned. However, the highest heal statistic on the scoreboard doesn't distinguish if you were in combat or not , so more likely than not, your highest heal there is a heal done out of combat. There is pretty much no way you can get a 8k heal while in pvp combat, unless you do the 3 man setup previously mentioned and even then, very few healers on this server are geared to do that.

The only reason why i would say keep the record is because you have a cateogory for all the other pvp stats.

Edit: And you say noone has ever heard of Grozny, lol. He's probably one of the top 3 sage healers on the server, along with Tyrone and Utopi.

ty for the kind words, sir. but you forgot inmortal in that list, imo

Edited by Dartmoose

I know it's not a record, bet here is my personal top damage taken 583,415.

http://s1273.beta.photobucket.com/user/MarkosSwtor/media/swtor2012-11-2800-46-55-59.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Here is my highest total healing, 835,431 (not my SS)

http://s1244.beta.photobucket.com/user/Thecourier92/media/2b337d20.jpg.html

Edited by schooch

i'll go into more detail why I think the biggest heal is a rather useless record. all the heals over 8k and I will bet all of the heals over 7k have been "gamed" (even if it wasn't intentional). why? because in pvp, if you are in combat, you have the trauma debuff on you that reduces all healing done. I think we can all agree that the intention of this thread is to show off spontaneous pvp records, which means you should be in combat and it shouldnt be pre-planned. However, the highest heal statistic on the scoreboard doesn't distinguish if you were in combat or not , so more likely than not, your highest heal there is a heal done out of combat. There is pretty much no way you can get a 8k heal while in pvp combat, unless you do the 3 man setup previously mentioned and even then, very few healers on this server are geared to do that.

The only reason why i would say keep the record is because you have a cateogory for all the other pvp stats.

Mine actually were in combat, and did not involve buffs from other players coincidentally. However, like I said before, I'm fine with your setup heal because the category itself was never meant to be a "skill" category.

Edited by Ravashakk

Mine actually were in combat, and did not involve buffs from other players coincidentally. However, like I said before, I'm fine with your setup heal because the category itself was never mean to be a "skill" category.

trauma is a 30% reduction in healing. That means that if you take your 8k heals and did them outside of combat under the same conditions, you are doing 11k heals. are you telling me that you can pull 10k+ heals when you are out of combat and not receiving help from other players? if you are, i need to see your gear setup

also, why were you not doing your 8k heals earlier? i.e. http://i47.tinypic.com/l8bnt.jpg cuz its not like heal numbers change (it depends on your gear and some outside conditions like trauma and inspiration)

Edited by Dartmoose

trauma is a 30% reduction in healing. That means that if you take your 8k heals and did them outside of combat under the same conditions, you are doing 11k heals. are you telling me that you can pull 10k+ heals when you are out of combat and not receiving help from other players? if you are, i need to see your gear setup

also, why were you not doing your 8k heals earlier? i.e. http://i47.tinypic.com/l8bnt.jpg cuz its not like heal numbers change (it depends on your gear and some outside conditions like trauma and inspiration)

Trauma applies a 30% heal debuff, which is affected by your expertise. So if I have 12% healing from expertise, then trauma is 18%ish. If you grab the warzone buff, that's another 15%, so in reality you're only nerfed by 3%. The difference between my healing in the records and before is the 2 points I put into med screen. 15% extra healing received while probe is up.

Now I haven't tested it, but if trauma is multiplied and not cancelled out by expertise then it ends up being 9% or w/e difference.

So what I said is true, but I was "gunning" for higher healing by doing this. Just wasn't as elaborate as your take on it.

Edited by Ravashakk

Trauma applies a 30% heal debuff, which is affected by your expertise. So if I have 12% healing from expertise, then trauma is 18%ish. If you grab the warzone buff, that's another 15%, so in reality you're only nerfed by 3%. The difference between my healing in the records and before is the 2 points I put into med screen. 15% extra healing received while probe is up.

Now I haven't tested it, but if trauma is multiplied and not cancelled out by expertise then it ends up being 9% or w/e difference.

So what I said is true, but I was "gunning" for higher healing by doing this. Just wasn't as elaborate as your take on it.

I assumed you were in PVE gear because it is more feasible to get 8k heals in PVE gear and i said under the same conditions - i assumed you grabbed the warzone adrenal, though I believe it is a multiplication (it would be ridiculous for dps to do ~35% bonus dmg to 0 expertise people), not a direct add to the trauma debuff, (a source would be nice if someone can confirm).

I wasn't aware that scoundrels had a 15% boost to in your skill tree (and i have no idea why you wouldn't spec into something like that normally). But even taking that into account, your previous heals in your records were between 5.5k to 5.8k (i'll round up to 6k). 6000*1.15*1.15 = a 7.9k heal, which is still short of the records you were posting (though by a fairly small margin).

i'll need to see these heals myself, i guess. i remain highly skeptical of the pictures posted (and there's no way to tell, unless you were recording the entire pvp match as evidence)

I assumed you were in PVE gear because it is more feasible to get 8k heals in PVE gear and i said under the same conditions - i assumed you grabbed the warzone adrenal, though I believe it is a multiplication (it would be ridiculous for dps to do ~35% bonus dmg to 0 expertise people), not a direct add to the trauma debuff, (a source would be nice if someone can confirm).

I wasn't aware that scoundrels had a 15% boost to in your skill tree (and i have no idea why you wouldn't spec into something like that normally). But even taking that into account, your previous heals in your records were between 5.5k to 5.8k (i'll round up to 6k). 6000*1.15*1.15 = a 7.9k heal, which is still short of the records you were posting (though by a fairly small margin).

i'll need to see these heals myself, i guess. i remain highly skeptical of the pictures posted (and there's no way to tell, unless you were recording the entire pvp match as evidence)

I did not switch my gear out...in fact I can't because I don't have a PVE set. Anyone that knows me knows that I hate doing flashpoints/ops.

And if you look at some of my screenshots you'll see some in the 6100-6400 range. I don't cast UWM a whole lot throughout the match, so the possibility of the ones that do crit being in the lower part of the heal range is pretty plausible. Which is why you'll see some SS's where my biggest heal is less than 4k.

The talent is trash, because the buff is only active while the probe is active. The probe protects for like 2-3k. Now connect the dots.....When do you use the probe? When you are taking heavy dmg. How long does the probe last when being heavily damaged? Less than 1 gcd. Congratulations....you just wasted 2 points in your talent tree. The ONLY time this talent is beneficial is if you take a lot of dmg, and create breathing room so that you can probe + burst heal till they get on you again. Not worth it IMO for PVP.

At the end of the day, the guy who had a 3 man setup with pve gear has no place to question my integrity. If you want to see it, then you have to pay for it.

Edited by Ravashakk