Mission Issue - Illum Under Siege

MasterCoe

Hey there.

So I attempted to return to Supreme Commander Rans after completing both FP's Battle for Illum and The False Emperor. For some reason when I attempt to interact with him, the interaction clip starts up, showing me a republic soldier on the hologram before it exits it me from the conversation. I've attempted talking with Rans several times, after switching characters and even logging out and back in. I still get the same result, any suggestions?

I've had this same issue on my Vanguard. As far as I know, there's no actual solution or fix to this problem.

In my case, I ended up doing the Illum Under Siege quest four or five times and during my latest attempt, while still in the group and after having done both quests in a row, in HM, the conversation finally kicked in. Fact is, I had already done that two times before and I'm sure I didn't do anything differently on my 5th attempt.

What I would recommend to you is teaming up with someone who also has the quest and try to do both FP's in a row with that individual or with a full group. I've done it that way four times ever since and never had the issue again.

If this doesn't work, reset the quest and try again.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I had that for a while, it seems to be connected to trying to turn in the quest when you're alone. I grouped up for the handin with a random person out of general (who didn't have the quest, or come into the phase for the conversation) and had no more problems.