Titles

krystianswtor

I think the highest possible title/rank for a Jedi should be Jedi Knight. Being granted the title of Jedi Master is insulting and disrespectful towards the lore in my opinion. Especially since most of these so called "Masters" are Padawans in my book. Perhaps only Sages could be granted the title of Master. Another idea is unlocking the title Master after you have collected full rakata gear.

I will repeat it again. Being granted the title of Jedi Master is insulting and disrespectful towards the lore in my opinion.

The story/lore is the weakest aspect of this game. Not open for discussion Im afraid. PERIOD

You can lock&sticky

Edited by krystianswtor

I'm afraid your hard headedness will get you nowhere fast on a forum, its a place with people of great differing opinions. Your opinion is no better than anyone elses, and in my case I disagree.

Since our characters are made out to be the best of the best, cream of the crop from the start its clear the Jedi Council looks upon us favorably. We are promoted quickly to deal with crises as Knights or Consulars and giving us the freedom to move about the galaxy.

Upon completing these missions and averting certain doom to either the Republic (Knight) or the Order (Consular), at great cost to ourselves might I add, the Council promotes us appropriately and to ensure we can deal with future problems befitting of a master of the order.

You should also keep in mind that during this time period the Order is rebuilding and short on strong, wise members capable of carrying out such monumental feats we handle in Act I. The Council showed how great their need for us was by promoting us to Knight very early with little advanced training and yet saw us prevail, and in my opinion earning the Master title.

But you are entitled to your beliefs, but keep in mind that BW is in its right to make lore for this time period. The Order isn't the same as from the movies, it has different priorities and certain different beliefs.

But you understand we cannot take everyones part in the story under consideration when we are speaking about lore? Jedis at the end of the story join the order. So your saying there is 9123908190283901283901283812039810298309128309182390812093832435983405871094709137450185781095810975380918745901850917509179053179057190537901 Jedis in the Jedi Order? Please tell me thats not what your saying..

Ive started playing the game 2 weeks ago more or less. I have full columni. The title Master is insulting the lore in my opinion and I dont use it.

Edited by krystianswtor

But you understand we cannot take everyones part in the story under consideration when we are speaking about lore? Jedis at the end of the story join the order. So your saying there is 9123908190283901283901283812039810298309128309182390812093832435983405871094709137450185781095810975380918745901850917509179053179057190537901 Jedis in the Jedi Order? Please tell me thats not what your saying..

Ive started playing the game 2 weeks ago more or less. I have full columni. The title Master is insulting the lore in my opinion and I dont use it.

/facepalm realy m8 you are making me /facepalm

if you think with lore. You must then think those jedi players AWAY as its your story. and they are not part. Before using lore as a excuse. make sure you know how it works.

Because i'm a trooper and the leader of Havoc squad. but there are more troopers. Wel they are not part of my story. in my story/lore i am the leader of havoc squad.

the game mechanics say. Lot of jedi masters. the lore said. only you became jedi master because of your story.

edit: and P.S if you not wanna use the master title then don't..... its just a title. hell i'm just using my minesweeper title.

Edited by DeadlyScythe

If we consider this game canon in the grand scheme of things, just as in KoTOR II, one canon character will be made for each class in future tellings of the Cold War. Meetra Surik was the Jedi Exile, even if when I made my character I had a male Exile the overall canon said it was a female named Meetra Surik.

So in short words, in lore all the Jedi Guardian characters will be consolidated into one character made up by either BW or some author of their own design. We all experienced the story in our own character, but the official timeline will not have our character, nor will it have millions of Jedi, but one overarching character for that role.

And in the end, regardless of the different choices made by everyone, the overall canon for Republic characters will be LS ending and Emp will be DS. So yes, it can be consolidated into one canon character for each class for the sake of continuing lore.

Since our characters are made out to be the best of the best, cream of the crop from the start its clear the Jedi Council looks upon us favorably. We are promoted quickly to deal with crises as Knights or Consulars and giving us the freedom to move about the galaxy.

The Council showed how great their need for us was by promoting us to Knight very early with little advanced training and yet saw us prevail, and in my opinion earning the Master title.

/facepalm

We are talking lore wise. And since you dont exist in my story. WHAT "WE'?? are you referring to? LMAO

You contradict yourself too often

/facepalm

/rotflmao

Edited by krystianswtor

Our individual stories don't matter as I went onto say in my next post, if you can understand that. BW or some author will write a novel based around the Cold War and will make up their own official character for the roles each class plays in the game. That is the real lore, not sure if you understand that or not.

I'm going to lean with you being a troll with your grammar and provocation, so its not worth posting further.

deutsch its funny he is only replying towards yours and not mine.

but deutch is right. In the lore we exsist as unindentified or as the SI who has a name already for his lore. you are just taking the point of "lore is going wrong" because there are more thne 1 of you. wel here is the news in my story. as a trooper. You do not exsist. as its my lore/story. and bioware confirmed this good with making class zones only for 1 sort of class. 2 JK can't join each other there class quest zone beside the starship. and if I the trooper join you in a class quest zone and you need to talk with some one there.

I don't exsist then even. As I am only a spectator then.

SO get your fact straight and deutsch is right.

Edit. P.S this is the SI http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kallig the story thats told there is from dark side point of view. so its a 50/50 on canon. but he already got a canon name.

Edited by DeadlyScythe

People also dont seem to understand that the Storyline is not done in real time in game. In game your missions and story arcs take months and years to complete. There are even dialog lines that mention how long you've been gone or when the person will contact you again days , weeks or even months latter.

There is Only ONLY 1 Jedi Consular, Jedi Knight, Smuggler, Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Sith Inquisitor, Sith Warrior, and Imp Agent in the Lore.

There is only one person who is the grand champion of the hunt, etc.

We play as them in our STORY MISSIONS. But if you RP as them you will be considered a Mary Sue.

There are millions of US. WE DO NOT EQUAL THE REAL 8. we play their story. But we are not "Them" in open active Roleplay(refer to mary sue).

There is only 1 leader of Havok, Emperorers Wrath, and Inquisitor on the Dark Council. We play "As them" in the class story missions. But if you're ACTUALLY Roleplaying them with other people than you should go play a RPG and not an MMO. Have fun on Skyrim.

Edited by Magnusheart

But you understand we cannot take everyones part in the story under consideration when we are speaking about lore? Jedis at the end of the story join the order. So your saying there is 9123908190283901283901283812039810298309128309182390812093832435983405871094709137450185781095810975380918745901850917509179053179057190537901 Jedis in the Jedi Order?

You're absolutely right. Therefore, to keep yourself in compliance with the all-important lore, it might be best to delete any and all of your current Jedi, as there were most likely already too many for the galaxy by January, and those players should have priority over your two weeks. We appreciate your dedication to maintaining immersion and your generous sacrifice for the good of the community.

I have full columni.

I don't recall the Jedi Council checking people's closets to see whether or not they were stylish enough to be Masters. Perhaps it was in the EU novel "Yoda Buys a Tuxedo" (doubtless a Barbara Hambly piece) - I didn't read that one.

"In your book" What on Earth does someone have to do to be a Master?

I mean, on my Knight, I...

Destroyed several weapons of mass destruction, defeated a high ranking Sith and all his apprentices, single handedly saved Tython from complete destruction, solved countless conflicts on multiple worlds, fell to and returned from the Dark Side, again thwarted multiple plans of planetary destruction, and KILLED THE *********** EMPEROR.

Did Yarael Poof ever do that?

• 1 year later...
/facepalm

We are talking lore wise. And since you dont exist in my story. WHAT "WE'?? are you referring to? LMAO

You contradict yourself too often

/facepalm

/rotflmao

seems like someone was disapointed with KOTOR 3's cancelation.. its an MMO get over it... if ur not happy with it go play a single player game

You're absolutely right. Therefore, to keep yourself in compliance with the all-important lore, it might be best to delete any and all of your current Jedi, as there were most likely already too many for the galaxy by January, and those players should have priority over your two weeks. We appreciate your dedication to maintaining immersion and your generous sacrifice for the good of the community.

I don't recall the Jedi Council checking people's closets to see whether or not they were stylish enough to be Masters. Perhaps it was in the EU novel "Yoda Buys a Tuxedo" (doubtless a Barbara Hambly piece) - I didn't read that one.

Dies LMAO

but deutch is right. In the lore we exsist as unindentified or as the SI who has a name already for his lore. you are just taking the point of "lore is going wrong" because there are more thne 1 of you. wel here is the news in my story. as a trooper. You do not exsist. as its my lore/story. and bioware confirmed this good with making class zones only for 1 sort of class. 2 JK can't join each other there class quest zone beside the starship. and if I the trooper join you in a class quest zone and you need to talk with some one there.

That's not exactly right. If you access the menu by hitting the Esc. button, hit Pref., and then Social, you will see an option to the upper right called something like "Allow same access to class story." So other Jedi/Sith, whatever, could share your story, though they could not partake of any dialogue that goes on.

I think the highest possible title/rank for a Jedi should be Jedi Knight. Being granted the title of Jedi Master is insulting and disrespectful towards the lore in my opinion. Especially since most of these so called "Masters" are Padawans in my book. Perhaps only Sages could be granted the title of Master. Another idea is unlocking the title Master after you have collected full rakata gear.

I will repeat it again. Being granted the title of Jedi Master is insulting and disrespectful towards the lore in my opinion.

The story/lore is the weakest aspect of this game. Not open for discussion Im afraid. PERIOD

You can lock&sticky

Hmm, how is being granted the title of Jedi Master insulting to the lore?

Lore-wise all Jedi are Jedi Knights (Jedi Counsellor is a game "class" and not reflective of any lore), and lore-wise the highest rank the Order can bestow is Jedi Master, even the Council members are still Jedi masters. Ok, the highest rank is Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, but that position is taken.

As for the masters being mere Padawans, are you aware that the story starts at the end of your training?, that you have nearly twenty years training prior to stepping foot on Tython? (assuming training starts from infanthood). Would you prefer a game that spends twenty levels of gameplay before you become a Jedi?, because I don't.

• 4 weeks later...
I think the highest possible title/rank for a Jedi should be Jedi Knight. Being granted the title of Jedi Master is insulting and disrespectful towards the lore in my opinion.

ONLY in regards to the DARK JEDI KNIGHT, I agree wiith you 100% and once again, I say... BIOWARE, GIVE ME MY GENERAL TITLE.

there is only only 1 jedi consular, jedi knight, smuggler, trooper, bounty hunter, sith inquisitor, sith warrior, and imp agent in the lore.

There is only one person who is the grand champion of the hunt, etc.

We play as them in our story missions. But if you rp as them you will be considered a mary sue.

There are millions of us. We do not equal the real 8. We play their story. But we are not "them" in open active roleplay(refer to mary sue).

There is only 1 leader of havok, emperorers wrath, and inquisitor on the dark council. We play "as them" in the class story missions. But if you're actually roleplaying them with other people than you should go play a rpg and not an mmo. Have fun on skyrim.

This above ALL else. QFT.

In fact on RP servers you will find that many guilds require that you not treat YOUR story as if it were THE story.

Edited by psandak

Both my Jedi Knight and my Consular are Jedi Masters. Both my Sith Inquisitor and my Warrior are Darths. I worked very hard for those titles and I wear them with great pride.

I'm sorry you have such a difficult time with your new title and would prefer to be reduced in rank to "little sissy girl in a pink dress." That is your view, your opinion, and your character. Do with them as you wish.

Your views, opinions, and characters are no more canon than mine, nor will they affect mine.

Have a great day and thank you for playing SWTOR.