KP HM feels like NM since 1.1.5

So, we're fighting Bonecrusher in Hard Mode KP tonight and we're seeing so many things we've never seen before in this fight. Any chance that our Hard Mode run is actually Nightmare Mode? The challenge is fun, but all these enhanced tactics are startling. Just curious if any one else is seeing this. Edited by Neocalf

We 1 shot Bonethrasher on HM... with 2 pugs in the ops, one got knocked off and died less then 1 min into the fight. Really didn't notice a change in difficultly on any HM KP encounters. Edited by Xneco

The instagib comes from when he smashes you into the ground and then swipes, it deals amplified damage.

Spread out as much as possible, always stand behind the boss (sometimes the swipe is odd but it's not gamebreaking) and use defensive cooldowns when he focuses you.

The instagib comes from when he smashes you into the ground and then swipes, it deals amplified damage.

Spread out as much as possible, always stand behind the boss (sometimes the swipe is odd but it's not gamebreaking) and use defensive cooldowns when he focuses you.

This was not after being smashed into the ground. This was purely... i ran bhind him in a reposition and his swipe hit me while doing so... in turn it one shot me.

My guild did HM everything up to Karagga himself(time limitations after clearing HM EV up to Soa....damn RNG) in one go tonight. Bonethrasher seemed almost easier that usual with more predictable swipes and smashes. Even got the Fabricator down POST enrage with only myself staying alive to get the killing blow(Commando DPS). Took about 5 minutes to kill all the drones without getting dying to their DoT. If anything seemed more difficult it would have to be the trash before the Foreman Crusher with all that CC. Edited by Grimoir

Our was messed up too in Nightmare 8 though.

We learned, after some irritating wipes on rediculously challenging trash, and finally getting to the boss-- that Bonethrasher had 3.2 million health on 8 man nightmare. The same amount of health as 16 man nightmare....

We zoned out, broke up the group, reformed, set it to 16 man nightmare, reset, set it to 8 man, zoned in, zoned out, reset, and then it worked.

Unfortunately we lost unyielding titles for our alts.

So Hardmode is actually Hard now?! SHOCKER!

Perhaps you didnt read the posts mr elitest. Its not hard just different. I dont call getting 1 shot by 24k damage... in full tank gear... hard... I call it wrong. We killed him, no biggy. Just trying to say that it was different. Between the swipes being larger then normal and some odd 1 shotting while having almost 22k health... it didnt make sense.

His animation seems buggy.

Occasionally he'll sweep into one direction and end up hitting people clearly behind him.

They™'ve said this happens if he switches targets just before swiping; his animation is still on the old target but the effect is on his new target (and everyone next to them)

That stuff happened since WAY before 1.1.5. Its just not all that common. He moves faster than the game "refreshes", especially when it comes to him turning around. As it is he has a nearly 180+ degree angle on his swipe, and if he turns a bit, plus "lag", he'll seem like he's hitting someone behind him.

The 22k+ damage thing is uncommon, but its been happening all along. We just raise the poor soul who got 1 shotted and go on with our lives. Definately not new in 1.1.5

Have you killed hm before? because the person hes targeting can't move on hardmode(same on nightmare), he turns even when he has stopped to do cleave on hardmode. So the person targeted must face him away from the grp.

Also theres an animation bug that can happen if bonethrasher changes target doing his cleave attack. For example, Bonethrasher is targeting and cleaving <person A> changes target to <person b> otherside of him, he will turn around and look like hes cleaving <person b>(this will look like a 180degree turn cleave and you only will be hit by this if you are in the original hitbox of the cleave attacking <person a>) but infact he still hits <person a>. This is quite common and should happen frequently.

Reasons for taking ridiculous dmg;

1) you got grounded and the debuff was put on you, if you get hit by cleave your dead plain and simple

2) hes eaten his red beacon mob and gained extra dmg, you would have to have terrible gear or be less than 70% to be one shot by cleave

3)hes enraged.

Max melee range for all people helps as well.

Hope this helps

Edited by Shredzz

Have you killed hm before? because the person hes targeting can't move on hardmode(same on nightmare), he turns even when he has stopped to do cleave on hardmode. So the person targeted must face him away from the grp.

Also theres an animation bug that can happen if bonethrasher changes target doing his cleave attack. For example, Bonethrasher is targeting and cleaving <person A> changes target to <person b> otherside of him, he will turn around and look like hes cleaving <person b>(this will look like a 180degree turn cleave and you only will be hit by this if you are in the original hitbox of the cleave attacking <person a>) but infact he still hits <person a>. This is quite common and should happen frequently.

Reasons for taking ridiculous dmg;

1) you got grounded and the debuff was put on you, if you get hit by cleave your dead plain and simple

2) hes eaten his red beacon mob and gained extra dmg, you would have to have terrible gear or be less than 70% to be one shot by cleave

3)hes enraged.

Max melee range for all people helps as well.

Hope this helps

Yes we did it the week before and one shot him on HM, with the same people. I really cant explain what happend. The first part of your post makes sense as to what looked like larger swipe range but as for the second part of your post....

I was not grounded

He did not eat the mob

He was not enraged

I was still 1 shot with almost 22k health and topped off.

I mean, it really doesnt matter because we still beat him and I actually though the fight was more fun. Its just that it didnt seem right being one shot.

Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)

2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)

3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/

Hrm.

Our group had a few issues with Bonethrasher as well...

1) Swiped people from across the room. (IE: i was across the arena to the side of him and he hit me)

2) Bonethrasher sucked people into the swipes (Ive never seen that before in any of the fights Ive seen)

3) Random oneshots (hitting people for 22kish)

We got him to 1% at one point but we all wiped.. if our tank didnt get knocked into the acid we would have had him... :/

Yeah I forgot about #2 that happend to us as well.