What does AIM do to agent?

Irase

Hi guys,

First, I am new to agent. now read the question below.

If you go to your character window, you can see that AIM gives Bonus damage and critical chance to agent. Does this mean I can use AIM instead of Cunning in my armor/weapon?

Thanks.

No, you want cunning. Look closer at the bonus info in your character sheet and compare cunning to aim. Cunning gives a massively larger boost. Aim gives a minor one. Negligible.

Not really, They both give the bonus damage at 5:1.

For instance, my new agent, he has

139 Aim, it gives 27.7 bonus damage. 139/27.7 = 5.018

1623 Cunning, it gives 324.7 bonus damage. 1623/324.7 = 4.998

They are about the same. Do the math then tell me, if AIM is same as Cunning.

Your primary stat also adds critical strike chance, on top of increasing your damage done by a %

All primary stats give 1% crit for every 140 (at level 50)

So if I use AIM as primary stat, I would get same critical chance.

What you are missing is that aim only affects ranged attacks. Cunning affects ranged and tech. Almost all of an operatives damage, and a chunk of a snipers damage (depending on spec) comes from tech, so you really want cunning instead of aim. You should still get both the cunning and aim datacrons, but on gear you want cunning.

What you are missing is that aim only affects ranged attacks. Cunning affects ranged and tech. Almost all of an operatives damage, and a chunk of a snipers damage (depending on spec) comes from tech, so you really want cunning instead of aim. You should still get both the cunning and aim datacrons, but on gear you want cunning.

+1

They provide the same numerical benefit to the things they (both) benefit. Cunning just benefits a lot more things (e.g., tech damage which depending on spec, can easily be near 1/2 your damage output).

I don't know why stuff like that pops up so often.

SERIOUSLY just press C to open your character page and move your mouse over your stats and READ THE TOOLTIPS that appear when you hover mouse over the stats.

Am I the only one in the whole world who does this?

For Agent:

Cunning gives: Ranged bonus damage, Ranged critical chance, Tech bonus damage, Tech critical chance.

Aim gives: Ranged bonus damage, Ranged critical chance.

Numerical values you get are the same. (note also that for other classes with different primary stat it is again their own primary stat that benefits 2 types of abilities while others affect only one)

So then why would you ever even consider replacing a stat that increases BOTH ranged and tech damage with a stat that increases ONLY ranged damage, but not tech damage?

Shouldn't be that hard to figure out.

And yes of course you want to pick up aim datacrons since they are not going to replace anything that you could have cunning in, but that is a different matter.