Does Bioware Dislike Women?

Iceslasher

Thank you - fingers crossed that both of us will get to marry the people we want. :)

That's all true - while I think that someone wouldn't take up with Theron/Lana/Koth if they were truly dedicated to a missing spouse, there really wasn't an appropriate time during KOTET and during KOTFE things were still being solidified.

I am really wondering, now if it was one of the things that was thrown by the wayside when the haters got a season cut out of KOTET, though. It would have made sense - the writers said they planned a chapter for each LI companion. If that had happened, by Season 3 everyone might have been back and there might have been an appropriate time to throw in a grand Odessen wedding. It could have been the epilogue to Season 2 or 3.

Yeah, I really wish the story didn't get cut short. It was supposed to have 3 expansions, then kotet didn't even have as much chapters as kotfe. It's a shame. A wedding could have probably fit in if they left things as they were. ;/

Bah!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, this would be amazing. I would love to get what the haters cost us. But...over the years I've learned the hard way not to get excited about Bioware's 'surprises'. I hope I'm wrong, but it won't be anything cool...it'll be some stupid new ops boss, or they're going to give Arcann to those that want it. It'll be something lame like that.

Sadly, If Swtor stays true to form they will suddenly try to stick Arcann or poof magically his brother would re-appear and say " Hey you can't have Theron but have this instead , see we listen " -.- Thexan for those who did the darkside you know...but that would be their special compensation for being a straight woman or the male half of the LGBTQ communtiy -.- same old crap, diffrent pile. Personally I like OPS but most games do NOT make it either / or it is AND this..:/....Frustrating in the least ( I love the story lines....B.S. betrayal crap aside)

Sadly, If Swtor stays true to form they will suddenly try to stick Arcann or poof magically his brother would re-appear and say " Hey you can't have Theron but have this instead , see we listen " -.- Thexan for those who did the darkside you know...but that would be their special compensation for being a straight woman or the male half of the LGBTQ communtiy -.- same old crap, diffrent pile. Personally I like OPS but most games do NOT make it either / or it is AND this..:/....Frustrating in the least ( I love the story lines....B.S. betrayal crap aside)

This story has the potential to be very good. And it could have a very sweet ending for LIs. If they do it right. After getting the road map, I'm feeling optimistic, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now :D

After seeing the roadmap, I'm thinking they don't give a rat's **** about story players, much less companions and their stories. I'm pretty much planning on letting my sub run out, which is gutting me, but I'm not going to continue to support a game that is just catering to raiders and PvP with no story content.

Someone on one of the other threads mentioned that while they still haven't said when Theron will be back, they're bringing back yet another LI for straight men. True to form, that.

This story has the potential to be very good. And it could have a very sweet ending for LIs. If they do it right. After getting the road map, I'm feeling optimistic, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now :D

That's not my quote...it's Iceslasher's.

Little that Bioware does shocks me anymore, I can see them trying to foist someone else on us and take Theron away. It wouldn't shock me in the least. I love the stories, live for them, but it's getting harder to love when they take a favorite away, and then so such a crap job at returning them like they did with Quinn. :/

Edited by Lunafox

After seeing the roadmap, I'm thinking they don't give a rat's **** about story players, much less companions and their stories. I'm pretty much planning on letting my sub run out, which is gutting me, but I'm not going to continue to support a game that is just catering to raiders and PvP with no story content.

Someone on one of the other threads mentioned that while they still haven't said when Theron will be back, they're bringing back yet another LI for straight men. True to form, that.

That angered me too. No real specifics as to when we get more story or a resolution to that mess they made with Theron. And then to add insult to injury, they were supposed to come up with a male force user romance companion for the female and male half of the LGBT populace and what do they do...oh here, have a Hexid. Like there isn't enough female force using companions. And then of course that crap about Temple (most boring comp ever).

I swear to god they do it just to troll us. Do they really want to be rid of us so badly? That only the male dollar matters? I'm patient, but even I'm starting to get worn down by the empty promises and getting strung along.

Edited by Lunafox

I swear to god they do it just to troll us. Do they really want to be rid of us so badly? That only the male dollar matters? I'm patient, but even I'm starting to get worn down by the empty promises and getting strung along.

I have actually heard this about game developers before, I can't remember where, a youtube video? I dunno. I'm inclined to believe it's less about disliking us and more about it being easier and cheaper to appeal to one crowd. It doesn't explain the mystery of the forbidden female flirts in the vanilla game, but does seem to be relevant to the current situation.

And it sucks, really it does, I don't know how else to put it.

That angered me too. No real specifics as to when we get more story or a resolution to that mess they made with Theron. And then to add insult to injury, they were supposed to come up with a male force user romance companion for the female and male half of the LGBT populace and what do they do...oh here, have a Hexid. Like there isn't enough female force using companions. And then of course that crap about Temple (most boring comp ever).

Not only that but the female force user isn't someone they are bringing in with a story or any SSR prospect. She is literally an object to be won (and probably dressed in a slave outfit) to run mutely behind the player.

If one were to take a poll, more women (both straight and gay) probably like the story aspects, with romances or not, bwtter. More dudebros probably prefer stuff like raids or PvP and raids. Hmmm. Who is being favored now, it ia a mystery....*eyeroll*

If you're coming to a Star Wars video game for the "Romance" then your expectations should be pretty low. We recently watched the Baywatch movie. We loved it. Why? We weren't expecting Citizen Kane. We were expecting a stupid remake of a stupid 80's / 90's TV show. We were quite satisfied.

But OK, continue with your never ending crusade for social justice in every tiny corner of the known universe LOL. Good luck with that.

I'm sorry, but this game doesn't just cater to raiders and PvP'ers. Both Raider's and PvP'ers went 2 expansions without much (or any) content, while story players (while not the original 8 class stories) had all of the content catered to them. Hate to be absolutely blunt however STORY PLAYERS even have gotten content during the cycle after kotet came out with Iokath, and even Umbara (which while being a FP is also story).

The story may not be what you want, however don't say this game doesn't cater to story players, because that is just nonsense.

If you're coming to a Star Wars video game for the "Romance" then your expectations should be pretty low. We recently watched the Baywatch movie. We loved it. Why? We weren't expecting Citizen Kane. We were expecting a stupid remake of a stupid 80's / 90's TV show. We were quite satisfied.

But OK, continue with your never ending crusade for social justice in every tiny corner of the known universe LOL. Good luck with that.

Except that in this Star Wars game the companions have a lot of focus, both as friends and LIs. Since the devs have made that a big deal, people will discuss it as such.

Heh. I have quite a few female toons (dw, I'm as straight as a guy can be) and even I have to agree that almost all romance options for female toons are god-awful. There are a couple of "good guys", but most seem to either be complete jerks, or have some serious mental issues to the point where I would feel uncomfortable to keep them around even on a male character. ("Sergeant Rusk reporting, Sir! Mission success 100%! Squad losses 97.3%!")

Well, there's always Lana. ;)

Heh. I have quite a few female toons (dw, I'm as straight as a guy can be) and even I have to agree that almost all romance options for female toons are god-awful. There are a couple of "good guys", but most seem to either be complete jerks, or have some serious mental issues to the point where I would feel uncomfortable to keep them around even on a male character. ("Sergeant Rusk reporting, Sir! Mission success 100%! Squad losses 97.3%!")

Well, there's always Lana. ;)

No...there isn't always Lana. She holds no appeal for me as a straight female at all and if that's what it comes down to, I'm out.

Edited by Lunafox

I'm happy with the direction they are trying to go, according to the road map, anyway. They can release as much as they want for the PvP and ops people, as long as they do a good job on the story content and release something really good. They are releasing a little bit in November, and the end of this arc will come around early 2018, which is exactly what I thought the timeline would be. Easy on the hate for the devs. There are only so many of them, and they can only do so much. Let them take their time and release something awesome, instead of complaining about every little thing, forcing them to rush it, and getting a bunch of stuff cut out, like what happened with the Zakul stuff. If we're going to play together, we have to learn to share.

Lana is my sweetheart but there is no reason a straight woman *would* or ahould consider her as a romance option, being straight and all. Nor should they have to. There ahould be enough appealing men for them.

*high fives* Thanks for that. She makes a nice friend, I'll give her that, but I would prefer to run with a romance companion, like Theron for the most part. :)

*high fives* Thanks for that. She makes a nice friend, I'll give her that, but I would prefer to run with a romance companion, like Theron for the most part. :)

Any time. :) Yes, she and Theron are both nice friends on a platonic level. In terms of gameplay, I always try to get both Lana and Theron to level 50 influence quickly, and get the other 'core' companions like Koth and T7-01 leveled up as high as possible in case they end up being the 'required' companion for a chapter or flashpoint later on. In KOTET chapters 8 and 9, and the Iokath and Umbara stuff, it was so helpful having both Lana and Theron at 50.

However, I prefer to run with my romanced companion too. During the class stories and SoR I strongly favor one or two companions and run with them; during KOTFE and KOTET I want to run the content with Lana if I can. Every now and then if I'm farming mats or something I'll grab Xalek, Vette, Broonmark, Pierce or another companion I like, just for fun, but when it's time to get to the content, I want my LI.

And going back to the topic of missed romance opportunities and male Force users: I am taking a Sith Inquisitor through the class story right now, among others. Here's one that IMHO was a missed opportunity: that male Sith who works with Elana Thul on Alderaan. He's cute. He's strong. He has some very sweet dialogue about feeling lonely on Alderaan because he has no other Sith to talk to. He doesn't just want to shag my SI; he wants to buy her dinner and share some wine.

It would have been awesome if he had been turned into a companion and LI. They could have written it so that Elana Thul allows the Sith to join your crew to protect you, in gratitude for all your work helping House Thul.

And going back to the topic of missed romance opportunities and male Force users: I am taking a Sith Inquisitor through the class story right now, among others. Here's one that IMHO was a missed opportunity: that male Sith who works with Elana Thul on Alderaan. He's cute. He's strong. He has some very sweet dialogue about feeling lonely on Alderaan because he has no other Sith to talk to. He doesn't just want to shag my SI; he wants to buy her dinner and share some wine.

It would have been awesome if he had been turned into a companion and LI. They could have written it so that Elana Thul allows the Sith to join your crew to protect you, in gratitude for all your work helping House Thul.

Urtel Moren? He was alright. When I played the SI story for the first time I was a bit sad he wasn't made into a companion. Although I don't find his appearance to be my type. ;c

Shame on me I know, but attractive pixels are important! :D

Lana is my sweetheart but there is no reason a straight woman *would* or ahould consider her as a romance option, being straight and all. Nor should they have to. There ahould be enough appealing men for them.

Thanks and totally agree I like Lana, as a Friend..just frustrated that Theron HAD to be the traitor ...its always the straight woman and now gay man's romance option who must be the traitor :eek: Just getting old, Very old, NOT that i wanted Lana to be a traitor either but srsly...kind of obvious i fought with guildies for quite a while that is was not going to be Theron -.- I had true hope they wouldn't mess up I wanted it to be Satele anyone ...but nope true to form ...

You're joking right? It's just a game!

Look, most of these ladies here have real life relationships and know it is just a game. Just because they enjoy their romance on the game is no reason for you to be so flippant and rude. Everyone has a different part of the game they like and most of these ladies would be the first to defend your right to like something or support it whether or not they like it or not.

Urtel Moren? He was alright. When I played the SI story for the first time I was a bit sad he wasn't made into a companion. Although I don't find his appearance to be my type. ;c

Shame on me I know, but attractive pixels are important! :D

That's him! I wish they'd at least kept him in the story. He could have been an ally for the SI like Zash's new apprentices or something.

It's honest, I think, not shallow - we all want to appreciate and perhaps hook up with the types of people that appeal to us, whether that's IRL or in pixels. :) Physical attractiveness is such a subjective thing, too - what one person finds gorgeous, the next will find ugly. Perhaps it's a good thing since it means variety is celebrated, and we're not all fighting over the same person.

Thanks and totally agree I like Lana, as a Friend..just frustrated that Theron HAD to be the traitor ...its always the straight woman and now gay man's romance option who must be the traitor :eek: Just getting old, Very old, NOT that i wanted Lana to be a traitor either but srsly...kind of obvious i fought with guildies for quite a while that is was not going to be Theron -.- I had true hope they wouldn't mess up I wanted it to be Satele anyone ...but nope true to form ...

I still think Satele would have been perfect. In her chapter in KOTFE she pretty indifferently tells the Outlander that hey. she could have killed them when they were found unconscious, and she vanishes after that. Plus it would have tied into the Shan Family Feud they brought us in Iokath. I am still wondering if she is involved.

I think the LIs need to be sacred. No betrayals. Not from any of them.

I still think Satele would have been perfect. In her chapter in KOTFE she pretty indifferently tells the Outlander that hey. she could have killed them when they were found unconscious, and she vanishes after that. Plus it would have tied into the Shan Family Feud they brought us in Iokath. I am still wondering if she is involved.

I think the LIs need to be sacred. No betrayals. Not from any of them.

Agreed at least now, they already did the surprise betrayal in the form of Quin -.- ( yay us women :eek:) ok the guys never had it but still, its old and used and really taking a romance option and forcing half your player base to be angry while the other half really doesn't care...its sort of a catch 22...the guys would be incensed if you messed with lana but are ok with Theran but visa versa for us women and the same with the LGBTQ community split in the middle. We may not like one or the other being a traitor but are more ok with the one our toons are NOT involved with as opposed to the one they ARE. Making Satele ( influenced by say Marr :rolleyes:) would have made A Lot more sense or a different sith..Idk..Malgus or even OMG Jadus thanks to Satele being opened up to those influences something but Definitely not Theron or Lana!!!!! Damn it. Enough of Romance Companions ( Especially OURS turning on us :mad:)