Mental Alacrity Bug?

Trigr_Fingr

Please give me some feedback. But it seems every time I use the ability "Mental Alacrity" and the proceed to cast a spell such as Turbulence or Tk wave, or disturbance...nothing happends. But of course when you cast the spell a second time it goes off. So I'm curious if anyone else is having this problem. Hopefully this will be addressed :(

I seem to remember a similar bug occurring the last few times I was up that high in TK. I would activate Mental Alacrity and hit a spell immdiately afterwards , only to watch a GCD tick off on my abilities with no actual cast going off. Will need to test later.

• 9 months later...

I've seen this happen too, sometime I'll use Mental Alacirty and fire off several disturbances, only to find that something hiccups and no further disturbances are fired off even though the casting animation begins to play.

When I use a different ability, such as TKThrow, it allows me to use disturbance again after.

This isn't tied into Mental Alacrity. It's just a server-side lag issue, usually referred to as input lag. You punch a skill, you lose a GCD, but the skill doesn't execute. Usually this is coupled with the visual effects of the skill in question. Say I was trying to use Telekinetic Wave: my Sage would throw her hands up in the air, as she would when casting it, would hold this position for about 2 seconds, then return to normal.

This isn't tied into Mental Alacrity. It's just a server-side lag issue, usually referred to as input lag. You punch a skill, you lose a GCD, but the skill doesn't execute. Usually this is coupled with the visual effects of the skill in question. Say I was trying to use Telekinetic Wave: my Sage would throw her hands up in the air, as she would when casting it, would hold this position for about 2 seconds, then return to normal.

Seems like this would be a problem for Mental Alacrity because you're relying on firing off more casts: if more of them get lagged in the way you describe, it reduces the effectiveness of MA.

Edited by Ycoga