Returning after original release

Jkronoff

I left after the first month this game came out. There was 1 thing that really really bugged me about the game. It was that you were forced to either be 100% evil or 100% good as gear required you to be a certain lvl darkside or certain lvl light.

That completely threw me off because I like to make choices based on what I would do, which would be sometimes evil, sometimes good, leaving me at a close to neutral but leaning more towards darkside. Because of the way I played, I realized I would be unable to obtain gear. I hated the feeling of being forced what to do when this game is supposed to be about choice.

I just resubbed today after months and months of giving the game time to work out its issues...did they ever find a solution to this? Also, I want to start fresh. The sith inquisitor story really disappointed me. The beginning was epic but it just crashed towards the middle for me...Is the sith warrior story any better? What would you guys rate as the best story besides imperial agent? (secret agent just isn't my taste when it comes to star wars)

once you get to 50, top end gear is no longer tied to your alignment.

pre 50? yes you will be gimped, but you dont need top end gear pre 50 to clear the content.

THIS is what I wanted to hear. Ahh, so happy (: now if only I didn't lose my CD's with the game on it, I could be playing by now but I have to wait for the slow download from the website. Ugh :p

actually, after having 11 toons, 5 of which are level 50, i rarely ever saw gear that had LS/DS requirements. the only things i can think of are pre-50 relics (which you don't come across hardly at all), and a few moddable weapons. all the stuff you get from FPs, the stuff people can craft, end game stuff, etc. are mostly neutral. you really shouldn't be gimped at all.

oh and best story for me would be smuggler. so lighthearted and humorous. i heard sith warrior was good too, and people say to play jedi knight if you want a very KOTOR-like story.

Edited by happysister

The only thing that matters with alignment is the lower level relics and certain orange gear pieces that are purchasable, but as someone that leveled a few "gray" characters, I rarely found this to be a problem as there are plenty of easily attainable leveling gear options. It's really just the relics. And once you get to 50, relics with no alignment requirement are easy to come by.