Star wars Movie legacy

KallaMan

Hello fellow readers, i'm just pointing out some things that have me puzzled about the Star Wars franchise and George Lucas' plans on its future. I've notice that Lucas is making episodes 1-6 for theatres in 3D and that he's still "talking" about a live TV series. In my Opinion, i feel that George Lucas is bleeding Episodes 1-6 and anything between completely dry of creative juices. it would seem he doesn't have any future plans for this great franchise, but i hope that i'm wrong by the end of 2017. I'm ponder what he should do.1. Think about an Epilogue to the 6 episode saga(highly doubt it).2. remake the original Trilogy with updated technology in the movie industry.or 3., make new episodic movies based on the times of the Old Republic. i wish to lean to 3 but i feel he has nothing to offer us as it is no longer "his" franchise but the fans, authors and Developers who has expanded on the Star Wars universe. I hope he thinks of something because honeslty watching the same story over and over means its basically over. I'd like your opinions on the thread and hope many will contribute. Also i wasn't sure if there was already a thread discussing this either so my apologies if there is. and please no Trolling...

he's said that he will not make an episode 7 or anything close. there was an article where he alluded to his decision because of the fans throwing a fit whenever he made a movie. he still will let the license be used by others and he will walk in to keep his creative touch on it. but yes, he has subjected himself to bleeding whats already out. too bad he doesn't try to "touch up" episodes 1-3 like he did with the original. maybe a jawa falling off his mount will spice up those senate scenes.

yes, it would be great to see how the characters fare after the battle of yavin 4, but his concern for the opinion of his fans is exagerated. no matter what if it's Star Wars, ppl are gonna go see it, no matter how much they complain. the reason the prequel was made was because ppl wanted to kno how vader came to be, the story was basically surrounded around Aniken/vader. also if you watch the new blu-ray DVD he released they did make minor adjustments to the movies, very minor, and only because the tech used to make it is still new. Idk why the old generation complained about the 1-3 prequel. it wasn't really for there generation to build on. George did what he did because he wanted to and showed his fans that there are more questions then answers in the star wars universe. ppl who rant about the original trilogy to stuck on the old traditions like old ppl are. Most feel that "if it isn't broken don't fix it". but i lean more to the other saying:" change or die". and george lucas chose to go in a different direction. I can't be one of those fans who dwell on the original trilogy because i wasn't around to experience it without the secial effects added to it. the prequels is where i started as a fan and it ddnt disappoint

Lucas, at Celebration 3, said he was open to movies in The Old Republic Era IF the Cartoon series did well (it has) AND if the Live Action series is a hit.

By the time the Live Action one has a 5 year run, it'll be near 2017, so who knows. Maybe he will finally let someone else play in his sandbox.

It didn't sound like he wanted to do them but he could "see it" being done.

BTW, people usually doubt me on this quote and I can offer no proof other than "I heard it with my own 2 ears."

I've confirmed it with 3 other people that were in the first Lucas session at C3.

It was in response to the question "Could you ever see a Star Wars movie set in the Old Republic era."

It didn't seem to get reported and, to this day, I've never understood why.

Well, with Star Wars:Underworld doing time travel stuff (supposedly) I guess anything is possible.

But they're not Luke. :p

And the Force helps you even if you're fat.

But what about the fat troopers? How did they pass basic training? :p

Body Type 4 is just stupid for all Classes, maybe except for Smugglers, the only thing they're smugglin' is cake

yea i've liked the clone war cartoon so far. it's really good, Star Wars: Underworld sounds like it'll deal with bounty hunters and such. like a side story, i just hope there are jedi in it of course, and Vader. wouldn't it be nice to see vader to some fast saber moves lol... but yea he could do ALOT with the old republic seeing how 3000 years haven't been used yet. and we don't kno how the true sith race was extermnated only that they vanished 1000 yrs prior to the phantom menace. so yea he could something. But GL did say that if he made a sequel trilogy, it would have been just made up. STAR WARS IS MADE UP! so i feel there is something behind George Lucas' claim to the Star Wars franchise, just my opinion.

There are thousands of books/games/novels/comics....what more do you want? At this point its almost not worth making anymore movies, because then a lot of stuff is gonna be switched and turned upside down.

yes there are books and comics but like GL said, anything beyond the 6 episodes is "made up" meaning it doesn't happen. so if he were to make a sequel trilogy, all of those books and comics would go down the drain being meaningless to continue. that may be an added reason to him not doing the sequel trilogy. and fans rather see a star wars movie or show any day rather than read a book. but your point is fair, plus the star wars timeline seems to be going backwards than forwards. It would seem the further the franchise goes back in time, the better it gets.

yes there are books and comics but like GL said, anything beyond the 6 episodes is "made up" meaning it doesn't happen. so if he were to make a sequel trilogy, all of those books and comics would go down the drain being meaningless to continue. that may be an added reason to him not doing the sequel trilogy. and fans rather see a star wars movie or show any day rather than read a book. but your point is fair, plus the star wars timeline seems to be going backwards than forwards. It would seem the further the franchise goes back in time, the better it gets.

We definitely do not need a Star Trek situation where, us fans, have wasted the last 35 years to have it all be erased.

IMO, if Lucas wants Star Wars to last, he needs to respect what he's allowed others to do, for the most part.

I mean, things like "The glove of Darth Vader" can be dis-guarded but when you have let people write entire histories-with approval of your company-to just throw it all away and tell your fans "screw you. I got your money, now I'll make all that you bought worthless to have read, listened to, watched and played."

We definitely do not need a Star Trek situation where, us fans, have wasted the last 35 years to have it all be erased.

IMO, if Lucas wants Star Wars to last, he needs to respect what he's allowed others to do, for the most part.

I mean, things like "The glove of Darth Vader" can be dis-guarded but when you have let people write entire histories-with approval of your company-to just throw it all away and tell your fans "screw you. I got your money, now I'll make all that you bought worthless to have read, listened to, watched and played."

i know what you mean, and thats WHY i feel he won't do the sequel anyway because of all those strories and such. but like i said earlier, it seems the further they go back in the timeline the better it gets. plus a new 6 chapter saga in the old republic arc could be a good movie idea because it is known that the sith were destroyed a 1000 yrs prior to the events of episode 1. He could tell of how the "True Sith" vanished the events that led to the races extinction. Those sith known in the 1-6 story aren't "True Sith". The sith were a race of powerful force users and one has not been seen in the movies yet.

note: I stand corrected about the details on the demise of the "True Sith" as they were annihilated in the Seventh Battle of Ruusan 1000 BBY. only one survived and that was Darth Bane. thus the 1000 year plan to destroy the jedi was put into action. But even so i think there is much to experiment with in the old republic for there is still 2600 yrs of histroy that can be used before they hit the events of the Old Republic game

yea definitely too old. but really was wrong with george lucas remaking the original trilogy? Die- hard fans say not to but thats old ppl who were around during those times. I say remake the originals, it's not like it's gonna hurt lol

i wish to lean to 3 but i feel he has nothing to offer us as it is no longer "his" franchise but the fans, authors and Developers who has expanded on the Star Wars universe.

Don't kid yourself. It is his franchise. Period.

Edited by Jmannseelo

So i really want someone to truly explain why George Lucas Shouldn't remake the original trilogy. WITHOUT saying: because it's a classic and it better than the prequels. because technically, the prequels were WELL recieved just as the original trilogy. I'm sick and tired of Die hard SW fans always trolling the idea and throwing it to the side, like there butts aren't gonna get off the couch to go see it,(3 months later)buy it on DVD or Blu-ray, and watch it over and over again. GET Real!

So i really want someone to truly explain why George Lucas Shouldn't remake the original trilogy. WITHOUT saying: because it's a classic and it better than the prequels. because technically, the prequels were WELL recieved just as the original trilogy. I'm sick and tired of Die hard SW fans always trolling the idea and throwing it to the side, like there butts aren't gonna get off the couch to go see it,(3 months later)buy it on DVD or Blu-ray, and watch it over and over again. GET Real!

..because there is no reason to remake it. Special effects can be updated like has been happening already. New actors? Luke, Leia etc are already iconic as played by the original actors.

New movies in the franchise would be nice but no reason to rehash stuff we've already seen.

Any "new take" on the OT would just destroy the entire history of the well-established EU.

Why negate all the money and the loyal fans by now saying "we thank you for investing 35 years with us. It all means nothing now as we decide to make everything you purchased and all the time you spent, absolutely worthless."

Look at Star Trek. Sure the new movie was a blockbuster but what has it done for Star Trek Fandom?

New fans can't buy the DVD sets of TNG, DS9 etc because it NEVER HAPPENED. Existing fans are left with memories of a an alternate reality that has been abandoned in the hopes of making Star Trek "more accessible."

They've had short term success but the long term damage...just think if they would've brought all these new fans in with a kick *** movie within the existing timeline....they would have all these customers for all the other series wanting to know either "what happens next (if a prequel) or "what happened before (if a sequel.)

Star Wars, if there are more movies, needs to do something that will perpetuate the Star Wars Universe...not negate it.

Thats what im looking for, Thank you!! but there still something that wasn't answered, why were fans so unappreciative the prequel trilogy, surely it answered alot of questions, especially like the origins of the empire and how vader came to be. so why the slight animosity?

Look at Star Trek. Sure the new movie was a blockbuster but what has it done for Star Trek Fandom?

New fans can't buy the DVD sets of TNG, DS9 etc because it NEVER HAPPENED. Existing fans are left with memories of a an alternate reality that has been abandoned in the hopes of making Star Trek "more accessible."

That's a little dramatic, the Star Trek universe we know from the past is still very much in tact. The MMO itself was based in that universe, not the movie reboot, complete with Spock having recently gone missing as described in the J.J. reboot.

I felt they pulled of a very good parallel universe story, giving true fans a nod of respect to the original material.

That being said, I wouldn't want any of that for Star Wars.