Is SWTOR better than WoW?

Spreadpanic

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW is a plague on all mankind, so... yes TOR is better, but then, so is sticking forks in your eyes.

Why? Each has its own advantages, but I only have time for one and can't decide. This is not a troll, by the way, just looking for outside opinion.

SWTOR. Every new thing they bring out that's not Cartel Market is interesting, got a story, voice overs and Fun. The Operations are semi-Decent, but Wow is just a full out grind with some decent ops.

You can replay the same class like 4 times and love it.

Wow Sucks.

3 lines, if you merge the second into the 3rd, there ya go :p

so is sticking forks in your eyes.

Speaking from experience? :p

OP.. there is no "better". They are different games, different lore, different entertainment drivers.

Personally I much more enjoy SWTOR then I did my last year or two of WoW. Then again.. I'm tired of orcs, trolls, elves, and humans that run around like someone shoved a stick up their poop shoot.

Edited by Andryah

Depends on what you are looking for. Those are the only 2 games I sub to.

I play mmo's for the end game raiding. ToR imo had a decent one but simply way to short and too easy to clear the hardest level. I stopped raiding on HM EC as then it was the final one for that loooong stretch. Cleared it in a matter of a few weeks and the guild decided to move to a new game.

So for me WoW > ToR in that aspect.

As far as everything else I like them both equally except for me ToR > WoW in leveling as I really enjoy the story and questing in ToR and loved making alts.

The majority of my time does go to WoW though because since I raid then I put a lot more time into my character. ToR I will play casually for fun now on the weekends here and there.

Edited by Bojangle

Both are good my reasons to be here is I'm over the elf Orc fantasy thing

But I will say wow devs used to treat the game as a labour of love not sure about now with activision in control

And I don't get that from bioware they seem more Market driven And to reluctant to take pride in their work

If WoW had SWTOR graphics and wotlk tree and gameplay again . Then I would be playing wow .

even If I am tired of fantasy , but SWTOR keep me hooked .

It is a bit unfair asking on the SWTOR site , but seriously if you value endgame , smoother gameplay and tested envoirement in a fantasy setting , then wow .

But there isn't much SCi Fi setting at all , especially polished Sci Fi setting .

While tons of Fantasy settings . So even with the flaws , Swtor has it .

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so no one can choose for you.

There was a time in wow when no game could touch it (for me personally) including TOR now. I loved the setting, the gameplay, the music, the classes. Everything. Now though I can no longer be bothered with the endgame raid headbanging. I just want to be entertained and TORs story driven class content is perfect for the type of player I have become.

Personal opinion: WoW is a better MMO, TOR is a great RPG with some multiplayer content and I love it.

I play both, and they each have there strengths and weakness. I think SWTOR wins for me, mostly because of the level of storytelling and immersion. The lore in WoW is good, but very rarely dose the game ever do it justice, and never do they provide a real level of immersion with the world of Azeroth or the player character.

I play both, and they each have there strengths and weakness. I think SWTOR wins for me, mostly because of the level of storytelling and immersion. The lore in WoW is good, but very rarely dose the game ever do it justice, and never do they provide a real level of immersion with the world of Azeroth or the player character.

Mostly this.

I really don't think one is better or worse, but each game does something a little better than the other. WoW has had nearly a decade of time for polish and lots of money to add new features. On the other hand, it's a very old game and it's showing its age.

The reason why I don't play WoW much anymore is just because I've become tired of it.

Currently playing both. See I quit WoW back after BC released. So recently I picked it up again after a friend send me a referral. We started new characters and were given a 200% xp boost so that made leveling easier. Currently almost 75. Anyway what I enjoy is the variety of dungeons I mean you pretty much always have a chance to get a different one as well as flying mounts.

Now in TOR, the actual landscape is gorgeous and the inclusion of the voice acting as well as stories really make TOR shine. Also endgame in TOR seems to be relatively easier than WoW because endgame is what I'm about. But if I can end my post with one note that is a glaring issue with TOR. It is the fact that the game has no other additional activities such as fishing and no actual areas for role players which I think is important. But anyway I enjoy both currently.

I am incredibly tired of WoW and I'd be happy if I never had to touch it again.

Yet, if we get all boring and objective, I could never call TORa better game. World design, end game PvE in WoW are vastly superior to sterile equivalents TOR has.

When you are leveling archeology as a druid, flying around in bird form, free as a bird if ye will,, WoW very much feels like an open sanbox game when compared to fragmented tunneled instanced piece of shït world of TOR.

If TOR's WZs weren't such a fun way to lvl through means of casual PvP, there is no way I'd stick around, F2P or not. This particular niche is the one thing TOR does better than anyone else on the market.

I played WOW for about 5 and a half years.. From shortly before Burning Crusade was released to just after Cataclysm..

In many ways I would like to put SWTOR and WOW in a mixing bowl and mix them.. I would like WOW, just with Star Wars...

This things I miss about WOW I would love to be added to this game..

In game calendar..

Tons and tons of events and holidays.. They don't have to be the traditional Halloween or Christmas.. But still it would be nice to have some themed quests, decorations on the fleet and some of the other camps and cities.. Maybe a traveling festival with their own quests and activities.. I would like a womp rat hunting contest on Tatooine..

We need tons of rare spawns, and secret bosses that we have to perform certain things to unlock..

In the end, just over all more to do... Make the Gree event truly reoccurring.. It would be nice to know when that will be going on again.. Have the bounty thing happen more than one week a month..

Oh and put a little less effort into the content of the Cartel Market.. Perhaps if they spend more time on the stuff above, they won't need the Cartel Market.. Not that I think they will ever get rid of it.. But they will certainly boost their subscriptions.. :)

i like Wow but can only play for max 4 months then unsub.

now SWTOR is well its STAR WARS i love it...

i like both we all have our reasons for playing... you have yours i have mine.

drop the one you arent enjoying or play one for a bit then switch and so fourth

As somebody currently playing both, here's how they match up. Not counting stuff like graphics since TOR is the obvious winner at that due to being newer.

PvE: WoW

PvP: TOR

Lore: Evenish, slightly in TOR's favor I'd say.

RP friendly: WoW.

Game performance: WoW

Quality of life stuff: WoW

Community: TOR

I like them both. I'm burned out of WoW atm and not really playing it, my sub ends next week and I'm debating whether to let it renew., but WoW is overall the better game, there are no questions. Frankly, WoW will always be the better game because of TOR's engine, it limits what can be done, and performance will always be sub-standard because of it. I will say that performance is a bit better, and Oricon doesn't have those areas of random FPS drops that Makeb does, but the engine is still terrible and short of overhauling it which I doubt will ever happen anytime soon, the best BW can do is make optimizations here and there.

While WoW will always be the better game, the gap between them could be really close if BW would stop adding in new bugs every patch while ignoring old ones, fix up a lot of stuff that needs fixing, add in cross-server and possibly merge Bastion/POT5 and JC/Shadowlands, make the game more RP'er friendly, add in more guild stuff, add in fun little distracts like pazaak, and make some class balance tweaks. If even most of these things were done, we'd see a massive rise in population.

Edited by Stncold

Hmm, obviously you're going to get biased opinions here - just like you'll get if you post the same thing on the WoW forums. ;)

Since I'm here and not over there the answer is obvious for me - SWTOR all the way.

As requested, three reasons:

1) SWTOR is a more interactive story experience.

2) Fully voiced.

3) Companions. :p

You'll also miss out on the bonus space ship for staying subscribed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so no one can choose for you.

I actually played that game. Eye of the Beholder. Was glad I could find a used copy on an flea market.

Oh, wait, wrong topic ...

Being more serious, I'm reading here because i never played WOW, and I'd like to find out what folks think about it. It's just curiosity, nothing else.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer