Vanguard Aggro Drop

inderraj

Why is it that every other class in the world gets an aggro management ability, bar the 2 that actually need it?

Vanguards and Powertech's on DPS Spec do more burst damage than any other class, yet we are the only ones to not have an aggro drop, has anyone heard anything from BioWare to suggest that we may get one coming with the new expansion? It would be great to see, I cant even begin to count how many times I have pulled aggro on Operation Bosses, especially when I pop Battle Focus. Anyone else here having aggro issues?

Probably because Vanguards have a tank spec, though it'd be useful if there were an aggro dump skill in the DPS trees, mind you, Guardians get Focussed Defence.

Shadows get Force Cloak as a threat drop even though they're a tank class, so it's not as if Tanks simply aren't supposed to get them. Of course, at release Guardians didn't have Focused Defense, and, even then, Focused Defense is friggin' *terrible* for a threat drop (it's the only threat drop that costs resources; the survivability benefits are *vastly* out of proportion with the cost), so there's got to be something going on concerning threat drops and tank capable classes, but it's not as if standard threat drops have any use in PvP so I'm not even sure there's a decent balance consideration for it. People have commented on it since release, honestly (it made *some* sense at release because Shadows were the only tank capable class with a threat drop and threat drops were useless anyways because their threat drop percentage was erroneously coded to be next to nonexistent but when the values were fixed to drop an appropriate amount of threat and Guardians got Focused Defense, it started looking strange that VGs were singled out).

Its very strange, its as if were pushed away from DPS Spec. I out DPS everyone on Operations at the moment, except one Gunslinger. I can hold my own thanks to reactive shield, but i dont want to have to pop that every time i pull aggro, i want to pop it when i really NEED it.

An aggro dump would be really really helpful. I've gotten a little too used to pulling bosses off our tanks with nothing but dps and having to hit my cd's. Guard is a huge help. It's pretty rare that I pull with guard on (although it has happened). The number of guards that can be up are limited though, so on rare occasions when another toon needs it more than mine, things get interesting.