Grapple/Harpoon and Leaps

iDraxter

Ok i wanna hear the reasoning why leap counters grapple in progress but NEVER the other way around:

1) game after game in huttball i grapple ppl but all the leapers can in mid air leap to some1 or even me(and being a guadian/jug with unremitting/unstoppable means i can t CC him when he lands)

2) If a guy is in mid air about to reach his target(during a leap) my grapple does nothing and i just wasted it! i can t pull him while their in progress of a leap mid air how is that balanced! esp since grapple is a 45 sec CD(35 specced) vs leap 15 sec CD(12 spec)

EIther let them both counter each other or don`t for both don`t favor 1 esp the 1 with a 2/3 less seconds before u can reuse

Edited by iDraxter

Ok i wanna hear the reasoning why leap counters grapple in progress but NEVER the other way around:

1) game after game in huttball i grapple ppl but all the leapers can in mid air leap to some1 or even me(and being a guadian/jug with unremitting/unstoppable means i can t CC him when he lands)

2) If a guy is in mid air about to reach his target(during a leap) my grapple does nothing and i just wasted it! i can t pull him while their in progress of a leap mid air how is that balanced! esp since grapple is a 45 sec CD(35 specced) vs leap 15 sec CD(12 spec)

EIther let them both counter each other or don`t for both don`t favor 1 esp the 1 with a 2/3 less seconds before u can reuse

Is this happening only when they are leaping out of range? If so it's possible it's a client side lag issue. I know it might be difficult, but is it possible you could try recording some of your sessions to get some examples?

With focus specc (no unremtting) i have been pulled back "mid-air" plenty of times. Not sure if you got your facts straight, only reason it wouldn't work would be if i was whitebarred or otherwise immune.

that does not matter what spec u are pal unremmiting/unstoppable gives u CC immunity AFTER u landed not mid air(unless they changed it will check on my jug but i doubt it its 4 secs CC immune since the momment u land), so don`t matter what spec u are, u prob just had lag

Edit: man pls don`t insult me with resolve crap i`m playing since day 3 after launch and THIS did not happen just in 1 wz and i`m like oh i should post a thread to waste my and others time because i THINK THEIR MIGHT be a problem.

Edited by iDraxter

With focus specc (no unremtting) i have been pulled back "mid-air" plenty of times. Not sure if you got your facts straight, only reason it wouldn't work would be if i was whitebarred or otherwise immune.

You both might be right. As a PT myself, I've seen my grapple rendered useless plenty of times by leaping guardians. Resolve is out of the question, I don't pull if I see the white bar. The way I see it, it's a matter of who does it last. If the guardian leaps first, you can pull him back, if the pt pulls, the guardian can leap and cancel the pull.

There's also the lag factor that could make it look like they both happen at the same time with one taking priority over the other.

that does not matter what spec u are pal unremmiting/unstoppable gives u CC immunity AFTER u landed not mid air(unless they changed it will check on my jug but i doubt it its 4 secs CC immune since the momment u land), so don`t matter what spec u are, u prob just had lag

Edit: man pls don`t insult me with resolve crap i`m playing since day 3 after launch and THIS did not happen just in 1 wz and i`m like oh i should post a thread to waste my and others time because i THINK THEIR MIGHT be a problem.

Not sure where you got the insult from... and when it comes to unremitting activation, i've tried any and all types of CC, mid-air nothing happens as long as they have unremitting specced. And i'm playing a tank atm, 2 minutes ago i checked, and the CC-immunity buff starts the second i jump, not when i land.

Not sure where you got the insult from... and when it comes to unremitting activation, i've tried any and all types of CC, mid-air nothing happens as long as they have unremitting specced. And i'm playing a tank atm, 2 minutes ago i checked, and the CC-immunity buff starts the second i jump, not when i land.
the insult was assuming i would grapple a guy with full resolve as for the CC immunity buff ur are right indeed it starts the moment u initiate leap not when u reach target(just dusted off my jug to test)

the cc immunity activates as soon as the button is pressed..pretty much every action in the game is instant for the effect and the animation follows.

Same thing happens to me all the time with grapple, or with leg shot on my gs. The server 2 client sync on this game is really poor so one can get really inconsistent results with the knockbacks and stuns....my ping is usually 40-60ms, but almost every match I'll cc someone and then see them slide abit to a new position once their/my client syncs up.

the insult was assuming i would grapple a guy with full resolve as for the CC immunity buff ur are right indeed it starts the moment u initiate leap not when u reach target(just dusted off my jug to test)

well you really gotta ease up, that was in no way any insult (and if you took offense, you've got some insecurity issues), i was plainly stating that without taking lag and server/client issues into consideration, the only time i haven't gotten pulled was with whitebar or other imunities.