Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

The crux of it however is the stream to me clarified the issue that I fear is our demise as APAC servers and maybe the game as a whole. There is an apathetic air about the game at the moment that led to more people crying 'Which server are we going to?' like they were trying to get excited over something new, than actually trying to fight for keeping the servers.

I have never had issue with anyone voicing preferences, but the lack of conviction to fight for what they claim is the prefered result (Dalbora APAC consolodation) however unlikely that is, was truely demoralising.

I think this is just reality kicking in for people. I think deep down, people just really want to play the game more than anything else.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a qualified Financial Planner who has a good knowledge of both my rights legally both as a consumer and and service provider and how they fit within both contract and commerical law.

I am not providing legal advice nor am I pertaining to provide advice. I am simply stating my views and how the options stand.

So bascailly you are a financial planner with little to no knowledge of the law....

You wrote:

"The point about the Australian Consumer Law is simply this by providing the game with Australian Players, and then adding servers with more players you have brought yourself into the country. In doing so you agreed to be bound by our consumer protection laws. In removing the servers and offering an inferior product (USA) servers with heavy populations and longer Lag (4 times what e have here) you have breached those laws."

Are you saying that we as counterparties to the EA service contract, have a cause of action under a contracts law theory, or are you saying that EA is somehow in breach of some provision of the Australian Consumer Law? If the latter, that would lead to an enforcement action by the ACCC and the State and Territory consumer protection agencies, not a contracts-based lawsuit as you have stated. If the former, then why are you even bringing up the Australian Consumer Law in the first place? It is irrelevant in a contracts dispute which would be governed by US law (read your TOS).

Basically, if you want to sue EA, you would have to fly out to California, find a member of the California bar to represent you, and spend the thousands of dollars and potentially months (in California) litigating a contracts dispute which would be stuck in the small claims court system. Why? Beacuse a contracts claim requires a showing of actual economic damages. Theoretically, you could claim the prepurchase of the ROTHC expansion and maybe a few months worth of subscription fees. And you are encouraging people down this path of destruction...why?

Edited by iheartnyc

Here's an idea Bioware!

Merge the APAC servers now! we cant get transferred to NA servers yet as you haven't figured that bit out, While we are waiting merge us, this will give everyone the idea of how that will or wouldn't work, and I can guarantee the QQ would stop if it doesn't work... what have you got to loose?

Show US that you do care about our play time and thought's regarding this.

Even if you allowed free transfers between the three servers then if those that want to wait for merge etc don't have to go through it twice.

Throw us a bone!

Edited by Nommaz

EAware have never done what is in our favor. So there going to show us they don't care (only about money, with false Customer Service) and take there time like normal. This is the Sad Truth, Which has been shown Time and Time agian... Edited by johnnyby

Here's an idea Bioware!

Merge the APAC servers now! we cant get transferred to NA servers yet as you haven't figured that bit out, While we are waiting merge us, this will give everyone the idea of how that will or wouldn't work, and I can guarantee the QQ would stop if it doesn't work... what have you got to loose?

Even if you allowed free transfers between the three servers then if those that want to wait for merge etc don't have to go through it twice.

Throw us a bone!

lol if they can't merge to the US how do you expect them to merge local servers.

Guys/Girls anything else I missed, jedi/Sith,

Infighting doesn't help, support or not for a server merge respect each others view and move on.

Those that want to fight for the APAC servers or those that don't , still no excuse for bad behaviour.

Move on this is not the APAC servers your looking for .....

Here is the original quote from eric

I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

They have no idea basically.

The merge is still a work in progress, and is not on top of their agenda.

First it was specific server transfers then two days later it was a "one time transfer of your choice". Bioware isn't the most competent bunch, so just sit tight and wait for our next bone to be thrown within 3 months.

Edited by PseudoScience

I know the next big question will be “when” and as soon as I have that information to release, I will do so. Thank you for your continued patience on this. I know it took longer than you would have liked but I intend to continue to give you information as soon as I can!

I know, I'm like a child in the back of a car asking "are we there yet"

For some reason I think the more I nag the quicker it will happen. I blame the female in me tbh.

I know, I'm like a child in the back of a car asking "are we there yet"

For some reason I think the more I nag the quicker it will happen. I blame the female in me tbh.

It's rather inevitable it will happen, though the illusion many of us still cling to- including me- is that Bioware will listen to anything, positive or not. I used to be one of the people to stand up for them but I've struggled to find reason to recently. Still, Eric said they were lacking the tech when he posted it. I think some people are being a tad naive when they wanted it last week on Tuesday maintenance, or even with ROTHC. In slight contradiction to what I earlier said, I would like to think Bioware will provide us with an announcement some time in advance.

I logged in no problems on Harbinger.

This place has like around 4-7 phases of each planet going most times.

I've never seen more than one phase for a planet or fleet station. Never even knew that existed until this thread. Kinda says a bit about the servers I'm used to playing on. :p

Seriously, the last couple of months I've been levelling alts due to the lack of people to do 50 content with. We usually do an op once a week and struggle to get enough for that as it is. For levelling, most planets, the number of people on them never reaches double figures, even at busier times of the day. I love the thought of actually being able to get heroic quests done on a planet without having to rope a higher level guildie in to running me through them or soloing them when I'm a higher level myself. Actually playing a multiplayer game - with other players the way you're supposed to.

Well I already cancelled my subscription before this announcement because I was sick of nothing after so many months of promises. It hasn't run out yet but I still see no reason to renew it. This could easily stretch out for another few months before anything gets done and before we know it - a whole years since the low pop US servers are merged and a year since they said they'd take similar steps to fix our low pop issues.

I'm sick of paying a subscription to spend most of my time in game playing single player because there aren't enough other people.

If it's going to happen I just hope it will be soon before the apac community dies off completely. Many of the people who don't want the us server merge are now quitting the game. Meanwhile, many people who are looking forward to the merger will likely quit if it takes too long - creating a no win situation.

If it's going to happen I just hope it will be soon before the apac community dies off completely. Many of the people who don't want the us server merge are now quitting the game. Meanwhile, many people who are looking forward to the merger will likely quit if it takes too long - creating a no win situation.

On that basis, the logical thing to do is consolidate servers first. I agree though, the longer they wait the worse it gets. How on earth do you get these guys to act?

Here's an idea Bioware!

Throw us a bone!

Re-posting this because it got buried by a couple of pages of bickering.

Re-posting this because it got buried by a couple of pages of bickering.

What part of 'we don't have the right tech yet' do people not understand? The reason it hasn't been done yet is because presently it can't be done. I'm sure as soon as Bioware can do it they'll do it, it's just a question of when it's possible.

What part of 'we don't have the right tech yet' do people not understand? The reason it hasn't been done yet is because presently it can't be done. I'm sure as soon as Bioware can do it they'll do it, it's just a question of when it's possible.

And you apparently cant read...

it clearly says in my post that they cant merge us with NA servers yet, however we are talking local which they can do, as has been shown by all the previous merges within local zones.

*********** transfer us already you pieces of ****, first you make us wait 7 months to get a solution and then when you have one you make us wait again , *** kind of logic is that, when you promise something after 7 months followthru immediately not by making us wait another *********** 7 months.

*********** transfer us already you pieces of ****, first you make us wait 7 months to get a solution and then when you have one you make us wait again , *** kind of logic is that, when you promise something after 7 months followthru immediately not by making us wait another *********** 7 months.

woah Darthnish! the RAGE!

Saying that I totally agree. where are those damned server transfers?!?!

And you apparently cant read...

it clearly says in my post that they cant merge us with NA servers yet, however we are talking local which they can do, as has been shown by all the previous merges within local zones.

It isn't me who's not reading the posts; where did I suggest it had anything to do with the NA Servers? Consolidation of the servers, and local merges, which you're talking about, are going to be difficult; not many people are going to be voluntarily switching, we've established that already. They don't have the tech to force a merge and it's going to cost money for them to initiate consolidation of local servers; if they're going to the NA Servers in the future anyway, why would they bother? Sure, they can initiate voluntarily transfers, as you said; they may well do that. But, as of what we've been told, they can't force anything on anyone so they'll probably view a merge as counter-productive in the long run. :(:(

I'm laughing at the fact that the people who shot down our petition (which we knew from the start probably wouldn't get us anywhere) on the grounds Bioware wouldn't listen are now trying to get Bioware to listen to them as if they're going to be listened to over others just because they either want to be merged to NA- which we know can't happen- or they're the APAC Servers aren't going to be consolidated. Isn't that what we were arguing for in the first place? Just a tad ironic. :rolleyes:

Now I'm hoping for action as much as anyone else, but nagging won't get us anywhere. We've already discovered the only way to talk to this company is with money.

Edited by WizardsDestiny