More Star Wars Legends Characters will be canonized

ImmoralThang

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-legends-characters-canon/

Unfortunately, it doesn't give a hint as to who will join the Disney continuation.

Kyle Katarn is my favorite Star Wars character ever. I like his dry sense of humor and huge arsenal of weapons. Plus he has the coolest starship ever. If he became canon, there would be so much backstory that would need to be changed. As much as it pains me to say it, I'm not optimistic.

With Taris being in one of the first Disney Canon novels, it does lead us further to seeing KOTOR and Revan becoming canon as well.

Who do you want to see?

I enjoy KoToR as much as most of us, but after they put Revan in this game, I hope Disney doesn't touch that character. I'd rather see character's like Kyle katarn, or Corran Horn personally. If they have to go back into bringing back characters from the KoToR or Swtor ara, leave it as old Holo recordings or from a Holocron of Darth Traya, or Visas Marr. Leave the actual characters from this time period Dead.

The problem with bringing back the post-ROTJ Force Sensitives like Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn and Kyp Durron is they don't mix at all with the whole Kylo Ren killed everyone thing.

Revan would also be a tricky one, simply because of his fanbase. It doesn't matter how well they do him, he won't be "their" Revan (we already see this with SWTOR) and will go out of their way to bash everything about the move/tv show/novel (ex. a lot (not all but a lot) of the TLJ hate)

The problem with bringing back the post-ROTJ Force Sensitives like Kyle Katarn, Corran Horn and Kyp Durron is they don't mix at all with the whole Kylo Ren killed everyone thing.

Revan would also be a tricky one, simply because of his fanbase. It doesn't matter how well they do him, he won't be "their" Revan (we already see this with SWTOR) and will go out of their way to bash everything about the move/tv show/novel (ex. a lot (not all but a lot) of the TLJ hate)

What about Rogue and Wraith squads? Even if Corran becomes non force sensitive.

The Rogues and the Wraiths would be awesome... and Tyria needs less changing than Corran - at the time, her Force Sensitivity was deemed too low. Luke tested her but didn't think she could become a Jedi so she should focus on her flying. It was only later, as part of Wraith Squadron, that she learned what she needed to progress and begin to develop her Force skills.

I'm curious whether we'll see more Admiral Ar'alani in Thrawn: Alliances (and maybe get her backstory expanded as well from the Legends) since she made her brief appearance at the end of Thrawn (nice work from Zahn by canonizing her and Defence Fleet). Edited by Rebamcfan

Wraith Squadron would work fine, however changing Corran will inevitably be more of the same "you ruined his character!" stuff.

Maybe, maybe. Not. Only thing you really need to change is never allow him to find hos Jedi roots and he's just a force sensitive pilot who never knows it.

Maybe, maybe. Not. Only thing you really need to change is never allow him to find hos Jedi roots and he's just a force sensitive pilot who never knows it.

I enjoy Corran Horn's character myself, but doing this would kind of break the character many of us have grown fond of so much.

I enjoy Corran Horn's character myself, but doing this would kind of break the character many of us have grown fond of so much.

Sure later on in say I Jedi. But in the early Rogue squadron books, Corran literally has zero clue he can use the force. Not till the Rogues help take Courscant that Corran finds out.

Hell not till I Jedi he really becomes the Jedi we know so well.

This was one of the things I was sure Disney would eventually look at doing, albeit even if they had the character in all but name and potentially time line,

Would be excellent to see a lot of fan faves appear, even if lightly reworked to fit the new time line

Thrawns return was excellent and hoping a lot of Zahns other characters make a return!

This was one of the things I was sure Disney would eventually look at doing, albeit even if they had the character in all but name and potentially time line,

Would be excellent to see a lot of fan faves appear, even if lightly reworked to fit the new time line

Thrawns return was excellent and hoping a lot of Zahns other characters make a return!

I think Pellaeon could very well appear, even if his role by Thrawn's side has sort of been taken by Eli Vanto in Canon. Considering that he is an Imperial offcer, I could see him working under some Admiral or maybe someone else.

I think Pellaeon could very well appear, even if his role by Thrawn's side has sort of been taken by Eli Vanto in Canon. Considering that he is an Imperial offcer, I could see him working under some Admiral or maybe someone else.

Well, as Thrawn didn't originally choose Pellaeon until much later, I'd say there's still room for him to appear in the new canon.

And as Eli Vanto has been sent to the Chiss Ascendancy, Thrawn could well have a new protege (i.e.

Pellaeon) in the next book

Well, as Thrawn didn't originally choose Pellaeon until much later, I'd say there's still room for him to appear in the new canon.

And as Eli Vanto has been sent to the Chiss Ascendancy, Thrawn could well have a new protege (i.e.

Pellaeon) in the next book

As I said, it is indeed possible.

I do hope that Eli will be in next book too, I really liked him -I think we might get more things relating to Chiss society and species from Legends canonized (like the title Aristocra). And maybe something new as well that hasn't been posted in Legends.

As I said, it is indeed possible.

I do hope that Eli will be in next book too, I really liked him -I think we might get more things relating to Chiss society and species from Legends canonized (like the title Aristocra). And maybe something new as well that hasn't been posted in Legends.

Easy, just bring in Grand Admiral Zaarin(brains behind the TIE Advanced[TIE Avenger] and TIE/D) and have Pelleon be under him. Unless that's been done.

I think folks see this to literally.

Being canonized does not mean it did or did not exist. I think most fans will see that there are different styles and levels of depth. I also have a feeling Disney would be really stupid to not re-print the original books if the franchise does not die out over time.

Comic books have had to deal with different universes for some time. I think it is a sign of a mature sci-fi universe with critical thinkers instead of true believers as fans.