Guild Progression Ranking

Hey guys,

There has been need of a good place for tracking raid progression for a long time for SWTOR. While many different progression threads have popped up they only go so far and don't provide any sort of verification. Since this is a young game an API for developers to query servers and determine objective rankings has not yet been developed by Bioware.

We at Retribution have hopefully come up with a system allowing for tracking raid progress in a community moderated way that can eventually evolve in to a more objective system once an API is released.

The site is brand new as of 3/27 and is now in opened beta. We expect that there are many issues that may need fixing going forward and encourage people to use the site and give us their feedback and criticism. At the moment there are only a few of us developers working on the site, so please be patient while we work to fix bugs.

The website can be found at: http://www.swtor.raidranks.com

To find out about our ranking system, please read our FAQ: http://www.swtor.raidranks.com/#!faq

Please feel free to leave suggestions and comments in this thread, but using the feedback or bug reporting on our site is probably a better way report anything.

Edited by The_Valkyrie

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I added us to the list as well. Because kills were so long ago, I know I don't have the kill screenshots myself. I went to go edit one of the kills and it said "NUH UH YOU CAN NO EDIT!" So that's what I vote--I'd like to be able to submit screenshots or youtube links later. Especially because to get youtube videos usually requires some sort of processing and that takes time.

It would also be cool if guild members could submit confirming screenshots. As it is, I posted a lot of kills based on when they were posted in our server progression thread.

One final comment: I assume/hope you're going to essentially start with a clean slate for 1.2 progress?

I added us to the list as well. Because kills were so long ago, I know I don't have the kill screenshots myself. I went to go edit one of the kills and it said "NUH UH YOU CAN NO EDIT!" So that's what I vote--I'd like to be able to submit screenshots or youtube links later. Especially because to get youtube videos usually requires some sort of processing and that takes time.

It would also be cool if guild members could submit confirming screenshots. As it is, I posted a lot of kills based on when they were posted in our server progression thread.

One final comment: I assume/hope you're going to essentially start with a clean slate for 1.2 progress?

Without speaking to Auto/Timelord first.. As I understand it each tier will be separate rankings. It won't be a continual ongoing ranking that essentially penalizes you if you haven't done previous content once a new tier is released. Short Answer: Yes =) (I believe)

The site is eating Methodical's screenshots :( I blame the silly pubs instead of the site though ;)

Will this site support what equates to the GameThatShallNotBeNamed's Armory confirmations when it becomes available? Or will we have to find another site when that happens?

Is there no way to have a column that has like 8/10 or something to see what the actual progression IS?

</rambling questions>

Second the editing part, realized i was putting times in 12h format on a few kills before i realized they needed to be 24h format.

Overall a great looking site, hope it catches on.

Some suggestions (for this content) title runs, prenerf HM soa should be included.

Edited by gramz

The site is eating Methodical's screenshots :( I blame the silly pubs instead of the site though ;)

Will this site support what equates to the GameThatShallNotBeNamed's Armory confirmations when it becomes available? Or will we have to find another site when that happens?

Is there no way to have a column that has like 8/10 or something to see what the actual progression IS?

</rambling questions>

Good question! As of right now, without API's the only decent "Armory" system/site that is in existence that I know about is http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/.

I'm not sure where an armory like site is on BW's infamous priority list, so if armory linking happens it will likely have to happen with an "unofficial" armory site, but that also creates a problem with a lack of verifiable information since it is up to the individuals to maintain its accuracy. Definitely worth investigating though.

Good question! As of right now, without API's the only decent "Armory" system/site that is in existence that I know about is http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/.

I'm not sure where an armory like site is on BW's infamous priority list, so if armory linking happens it will likely have to happen with an "unofficial" armory site, but that also creates a problem with a lack of verifiable information since it is up to the individuals to maintain its accuracy. Definitely worth investigating though.

The reason I asked is because I believe that was in a recent Q&A or Guild Summit. I remember one of the devs saying that it WAS on their priority list because as of now, there's no way to really be held accountable. (You can edit screenshots, etc.) I'd have to go digging, but I was under the impression that "It's coming, but not right this second."

Thanks for the feedback so far guys!

@Inzi

Yea, we are working on getting editing of kills up and running. There are a couple issues that we are considering when allowing editing (non-technical, more just philosophical dealing with the whole confirmation/dispute system)

Also, rankings will be presented in tiered content like with other progression sites. 1.2 will begin a new tier.

As for Methodical's screenshots, looks like they provided links to their website, not the actual image file. I thought we were parsing links to check for that mistake but I guess not. We'll look in to it soon.

@gramz

Thanks for the comment about the site's look and feel. We appreciate it. Sorry about the confusion for posting times being in 24 hour entry, not 12 hour. We'll work on making this more obvious. As for now you should be able to delete any one of your kills and re-submit a new one with the proper time. I'm not sure we'll ever allow editing of times because this could lead to really severe "cheating" issues in the future.

Title runs are something I would like to include eventually, but we've already got a lot on our plate. We'd like to perfect the basic system first before moving forward ;p

@Everyone ;p

I noticed that the scoring seems to be doing something a little incorrectly. Some kills are being awarded more points than what they should be. Will look in to that ASAP.

Thanks for the input guys. Keep it coming!

The reason I asked is because I believe that was in a recent Q&A or Guild Summit. I remember one of the devs saying that it WAS on their priority list because as of now, there's no way to really be held accountable. (You can edit screenshots, etc.) I'd have to go digging, but I was under the impression that "It's coming, but not right this second."

Yea, once it becomes available it would be our intention to completely migrate to a spider/bot system that independently and objectively queries the servers for guild progression. Our current vision is that once his happens guilds would still be able to attach related screenshots/videos for any kill. The concept is that this site not only tracks progression but also would become a centralized outlet for guilds to share video/screenshots to the community as a whole.

Hey Guys,

great work, looks perfect. Some small Bugs and Performance Issues but definitly usable!

I promoted the Site also in the German Forums.

And also a Feature Request, if possible give us the Ability to insert a Time Zone within the Account Informations so we can post the Kills in local time and the System brings them to a central time Zone.

regards,

Ell

Edited by Ellnassil

Hey Guys,

great work, looks perfect. Some small Bugs and Performance Issues but definitly usable!

And also a Feature Request, if possible give us the Ability to insert a Time Zone within the Account Informations so we can post the Kills in local time and the System brings them to a central time Zone.

regards,

Ell

I'm a fan of that suggestion!

Hey Guys,

regards,

Ell

Cool, thanks for the input. Definitely a good idea. We'll keep that in mind going forward with our updates/bug fixes. As you've probably noticed we have not implemented any account management functionality yet, but we definitely plan on it.

Hey there,

another Feature Request:

External HTML Snippets to use in Portal Boxes on our own Website with the Ranking. For Example the same System as we seen in WowProgress.com. Or maybe an API or Whatever to include the Ranking within the Guilds Website.

I´m not a programming guy, so i whould prefer a HTML Snippet but if its an API i will also hit the Book Store and lern a little bit :-)

regards,

Ell

very nice site, although it's is kind of relying on people being honest (and you cannot really prove your screens with in-game time stamps yet)

Since BW mentioned they will add something in the future the problem might solve itself. Right now certain things don't even work right (like receiving the title for the speedrun, but not being granted the achievement for the kill etc).....since this is the tier one of raiding in swtor in which first kills have the bitter sweet taste of certain guilds just spacebar rushing through the leveling process in order to achieve these, we will have to see how things develop in the second tier ;-)

Hey there,

another Feature Request:

External HTML Snippets to use in Portal Boxes on our own Website with the Ranking. For Example the same System as we seen in WowProgress.com. Or maybe an API or Whatever to include the Ranking within the Guilds Website.

I´m not a programming guy, so i whould prefer a HTML Snippet but if its an API i will also hit the Book Store and lern a little bit :-)

regards,

Ell

Timelord likes the idea and is now brainstorming on how to implement it in a simple easy to use format. Stay tuned!