Charging Subscribers for Content

Monoth

LOOK UP THE DEFINATION OF CONTENT instead of making up your own...

The strict definition of content doesn't port over seamlessly to the MMO world. By the definition you're speaking of, we shouldn't also have to pay for Crime Lord packs or anything that is technically included in the game.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this looks more like a useless complaining thread where the maker(as usual) is just flipping out like a 6 year old

That's just rude. Implying people are childish because they have a complaint, is just stupid. Address the topic or don't, no need to be rude.

It's not content from a gaming standpoint. It's a different character skin to run the same content that's already there. However, the dev said "most likely" so perhaps people could see how this plays out before letting it ruin their entire life.

Gaming Standpoint ?!? ROFL, please show me the dictionary for "Gaming Standpoints" so I can learn the proper definition of words...

People are willing to categorize stuff as "Fluff" to make themselves feel better about buying something they know should be part of the game.... Meanwhile Bioware / EA execs are going "SUCKERS"

Gaming Standpoint ?!? ROFL, please show me the dictionary for "Gaming Standpoints" so I can learn the proper definition of words...

People are willing to categorize stuff as "Fluff" to make themselves feel better about buying something they know should be part of the game.... Meanwhile Bioware / EA execs are going "SUCKERS"

I would argue that a new skin is purely 'cosmetic'. While it may be 'content' for people like RPers, to me, it's no different than a set of armor.

Well unless I missed something all subscribers received a certain amount of cartel coins based on subscription time and will continue to receive cartel coins for each month they are subscribed. Sounds like this is working as intended.

I would argue that a new skin is purely 'cosmetic'. While it may be 'content' for people like RPers, to me, it's no different than a set of armor.

It's not even as valuable as armor because there are no advantages provided by the race. At least armor can buff your stats.

It's not even as valuable as armor because there are no advantages provided by the race. At least armor can buff your stats.

Not until you add the Armoring, Mod and Enhancement. What you buy in the store is as empty as the dog skin.

The Cathar "race" aka species, is merely a skin, and you know it. It is as much a fluff item as glowing gold eyes. If it does not alter content, or offer new content, it cannot be content. It does not alter the game, nor does it offer any additional experiences. This game has changed. The fact that you cannot get over it or quit means that you like it just fine. You NEED something, anything, to rage against evidently.

The Cathar "race" aka species, is merely a skin, and you know it. It is as much a fluff item as glowing gold eyes. If it does not alter content, or offer new content, it cannot be content. It does not alter the game, nor does it offer any additional experiences. This game has changed. The fact that you cannot get over it or quit means that you like it just fine. You NEED something, anything, to rage against evidently.

Unlike BALL TOSS!!! Ball toss improved our 16 EC run. Gave us something to do to keep awake...it's more of a mini game at 50 than space is!!!

The strict definition of content doesn't port over seamlessly to the MMO world. By the definition you're speaking of, we shouldn't also have to pay for Crime Lord packs or anything that is technically included in the game.

Your correct we shouldn't have to pay for any of the items in the Crime Lord Packs if your a PAYING SUBSCRIBER, those items should be available in game... Otherwise what is the point of being a subscriber?

The issue is Bioware sold this game as Pay to Play with ALL content available to the subscriber for free (not including big expansion packs)... Now Bioware added a F2P model but told all their existing customers Dont' worry we won't charge you guys for new content (except for expansions)... Well I think it's becoming obvious they changed there mind and want to see how much additional money they can get out of subscribers.

The purpose of F2P was to nickel and dime players who didn't want to pay a subscription but now it's starting to carry over to subscribers....

It's amazing how many people don't know what the definition of content is...

When it come to the new race, their Story and choices is Content.

Not the race itself.

So it is sort of linked. you get the race, you get the content with that race.

I can see why a new race IS CONTENT> Because of the story line this game has.

Probably will reduce the number of furry cybersex we'll see, so go on BW.

I know right. I'm actually applauding this desicion by Bioware. If you want extra fluff, BUY the extra fluff. Races are really just cosmetic when you get down to the bare bones of it. Now, if they charged for an actual CLASS unlock, then you can be worried.

@Monoth,

EAware's definition of "content" is different from the average player.

EAware considers EVERYTHING to be content. I don't agree with this definition but, that is how they view things. If you take a careful look at the interviews that EAware gives they routinely reffer to items in the cash shop as content. One would conclude that if EAware considers items in the cash shop as content, then we are already paying for content as subscribers. With this nebulous definition of content, they can screw us over to no end. :mad:

I get charged for content ... 50¢ a day in fact as a subscriber. Having a new race added is just more bang for my buck. Especially since monthly stipends alone will eventually cover any extras the Cartel Shop offers. So F2P changed nothing for subscribers but (a) provide more fluff stuff, and (b) add more players. Edited by GalacticKegger

When it come to the new race, their Story and choices is Content.

Not the race itself.

So it is sort of linked. you get the race, you get the content with that race.

I can see why a new race IS CONTENT> Because of the story line this game has.

Please cite the source that says Cathar will have their own specific racial quest line.

Bioware ORIGINAL stated that ALL content would be free to subscribers, since then they have been backing away from that statement... Now what there saying is all the content before F2P went live is free to subscribers but anything new were going to make you pay for...

If there going to make us pay for new content then they need to lower the subscription price. I'm starting to see why both founders of Bioware left, I think it became obvious to them EA was going to drag their company through the mud.

Might have to take my own advice I gave other players awhile back, if you don't like what there doing then you should quit....

Its amazing how someone can so passionately defend this game and bash everyone that has something negative to say about it. Then one day BW makes a decision that affects you personally. You were raving at people that simply wanted 2 quickslot bars to be part of F2P and not have to pay for them... something sooo small. Now here you are complaining and basically threatening to quit because a race has to be purchased.

Alot of people, including myself, have been telling you for a long time that EA is doing nothing but ripping people off. Now you finally see. Im surprised it took this long. The F2P switch was just a scam to put in a Cash Shop without all the subscribers ************. They dont give 2 hoots about the F2P players because they know the subscribers will dump 100's of thousands of dollars on stupid little digital fluff. Now they are pushing the envelope to rip off subscribers even more.

You finally took the correct stance and not stand for it. Be prepared. There are a bunch of people that will flame you to high hell for feeling ripped off. There are tons of people that will googoo eye over everything EA throws at them. It wont be long before more and more content is cash shop only. They will charge you for every possible thing they think they can get away with. Why? Because people are suckers and EA will gamble that. They make far more money off of the suckers that pay 100's of dollars a week or even month then they do off the few subs like you that they will lose. They will push and push some more. Soon, subscribers will pay to unlock an operation or warzone.. It will be labeled mini expansion and people will eat it up and defend EA still.

Mark my words. There wont be much content updating after this year. Most of it will be all cash shop updates. Sure, they will throw you a bone every 4 months or so.

Please cite the source that says Cathar will have their own specific racial quest line.

nothing to cited. i am not makeing a factual statement. I obviously can't tell the difference between a story and a class, My Bad. sorry

Edited by Foofie

Well unless I missed something all subscribers received a certain amount of cartel coins based on subscription time and will continue to receive cartel coins for each month they are subscribed. Sounds like this is working as intended.

A little math shows that the pittance you get each month won't cover the cost of buying all the stuff in the Cartel Shop....