Level cap and class nerf

TheRealLuxford

So TLDR: Healing sorcs have to stop moving to heal. They should get one instant heal to use on teammates. Healing sorcs have horrific resource management. They should get some sort of buff to this.

Healer sorcs are fine... it's the lack of burst DPS that is their problem and make them not optimal for rated PvP.

Give them burst and they are fine.

And horrible resource management? Are you for seriousing me?

I think a couple of the abilties sages and sorcs currently have to spec for should be baseline abilties. Having to spec for no CD on tele throw/force lightning is just stupid and instant whirlwind should be something that others than 18'ish point madness/balance should be able to get.

The most important change should be Effusion though. They should either put it on the lowest tier of one of the trees and let it apply to heal abilities too or simply give us a 50 % chance to proc a free ability.

Stacking a damage buff through tele throw ticks would have been sweet too. +5 % damage per tick up to 30 % sounds reasonable. Once you hit 30 %, or some other percentage and you don't stack more for 5 secs, it will drop 5 % per second until you hit zero and have to restart.

It's not great in zergs. The only way to avoid it is to go hybrid and take Effusion....but then you have to mix things up with tele throw or force lightning.Ii don't know about other healers but I hate to to dps when there are people to heal, I save my dps'ing for when there's no other option (solo guarding or preventing a cap).

Edited by Washingtoon

To late to tell if the new tier of talents will be good enough to discourage hybrids or not, not to mention other class balance things.

As for new abilities, here's my predictions!

Knight/Warrior: Cooldown buffing Bonus Damage and Force Bonus Damage by 20% for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.

Shadow/Assasin: New defensive cooldown. Maybe armor buff? 2-3 minute cooldown.

Sage/Sorc: Ability which instantly restores 50% of your force, 2 minute cooldown.

Smuggler/Operative: 25% extra Crit rating for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.

Vanguard/PT: 15% armor penetration for 12 seconds, 2 minute CD.

Commando/Merc: Cooldown which makes the next Hammer Shot/Rapid Shots crit on the first hit.

Calling it now.

your commando cd sucks.

Healer sorcs are fine... it's the lack of burst DPS that is their problem and make them not optimal for rated PvP.

Give them burst and they are fine.

He probably means full corruption- which never is a pvp spec anyway. Corrupt/lightning hybrids are fine since they use lightning's resource management which is good- consumption right now is a death wish in pvp- a GCD wasted to do 2k+ damage to yourself for 8% of your force... not exactly useful. Though ironic because if you could get a damage medal from hurting yourself, consumption is a corruption sorc's hardest hitting ability- isn't that funny?

Thankfully- with TTK where it is, a corruption sorc shouldn't have resource management issues- you'll be dead long before you run out of force.

edit- Also, healing sorcs are fine right now because of the bubble stun- once that's gone, they're an easy target with easy counters that will never get off a single heal with even one decent pursuer on them.

Edited by fungihoujo

your commando cd sucks.

Noticed that did you? I was trying to think of the most worthless (comparatively) cooldown that could possibly be added as a level 55 ability, and that was the best I could come up with. Based on how BW has treated commandos so far I almost expect them to somehow do me one better, and come up with an ability that's even worse.

Maybe make next explosive round a crit, which would be even more useless since we actually USE hammer shot.

I thought about this already.

It will be possible to make an Assualt/Gunnery Hybrid with the CD reset for Full Auto on Grav Round and the reset for HiB on Full Auto.

You'll be able to spec high enough in to the healing tree to get the interrupt proof shield. So Assault Commandos would be able to to spec in to the lower CD on Reactive Shield and the interrupt immunity on Combat Shield.

Actually, outside of buffing Full Auto in assault spec, which I'm all for, this wouldn't be all that helpful. Grav Round/Charged Bolts only has a 45% chance to proc Curtain of Fire, which would give you a full auto that has a 75% chance to proc IA to give you a fresh HiB, but charged bolts already has a 45% chance to proc IA, so I dunno that it would really be that beneficial, especially since IA's internal cooldown is 6 seconds. Unless you mean to CB > HiB (if IA procs) > do something for two GCDs > FA (if CoF Procced) > HiB > CB (possibly resetting both).

I'm more thinking of the awesomeness for my shadow. Slow time AND Force in Balance? Yes please.

Edited by ArchangelLBC

I wouldn't worry about hybrids yet since they said they are expanding the skill trees. You will probably have to spend 33 points or more to get the top tier skill in one tree which would probably kill viable hybrid specs for many classes.

Good point. And a general one about not crying about specs that are imaginary until we see new trees.

Can understand people getting the heebie-jeebies though, potentially lots of change, in specs and in the balance between specs.

edit- Also, healing sorcs are fine right now because of the bubble stun- once that's gone, they're an easy target with easy counters that will never get off a single heal with even one decent pursuer on them.

It's funny you say that cuz I spec into a dps tree to make my healer more viable for PvP

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GhMRrdMzZfsbM0MbZ0z.2

Not complaining about 5 more skillpoints though. I get 4% damage reduction, 3% mainstat and 2% force crit out of those 5 points.

I'm hoping they revamp stuff enough that I get a viable full spec as a sage healer though. Bubblepop is getting old ;)

Edited by DaedalusV

If you think about this game as a money making tool then it is easy to see which classes will be overpowered and which won't be.

This is star wars. Every fanatic wants to wield a lightsaber and smash people with it. A lot of ordinary gamers have left already because most MMOs have better pvp and pve. So most of the playerbase in this game knows a lot of star wars trivia. They are only paying for subscription and cartel coins because they can wield lightsabers in this game and be like luke skywalker or darth vader.

Which basically means marauders and juggernauts will still be tough and pretty OP no matter what happens.

I've been thinking about this since the first rumors about more levels and the only way I can see it work is if they introduce a new tier of skills somewhere BETWEEN the current trees. So the top tier skills will remain same but there are more boxes on the way to top tier and you need to use the new 5 points in your main tree to get the top skill.