Commendations or Gear?

Upon Completing a Misson or Heroic/Ect you have the Option of choosing Commendations or Gear, I'm always stunted whether its better to go for the comms or to gear up that current character,

I normally save commendations to gear up my next character by buying Mods and Improvements for another Alt

Is there any other way Players tackle this decision?

Just interested to hear Players theory's and Opinions. ;)

As soon as you make it to the Commendations vendor on a new planet, check out the level requirements and stat values. Commendations all the way when the reward isn't an Orange item.

As you level up other characters' crafting, the number of actual commendations required for gearing out the current will drop significantly.

Yes , I agree. Always take the commendations over the gear because said commendations will get you better gear then the quest gives you as a reward 4/5 times.

Pretty much this.

Decent armourings+ mods+ enhancements= better gear in the long run and less time required on the planet. Later on it does get to be a chore to replace all your gears worth (especially if you DW) but in general its the way to go.

Exception to this is when you get enhancements or comms, I always go for the hancements.

always take commendations!

and use them all for blue mods before leaving the planet.

If you are to chose between comms and blue or purple mods - take mods.

never take even orange or green or blue armor - because social gear ter 2 (Nar Shadaa & Belsavis) are easy to get.

well, except you want the certain look - like i've hunter Mercenary Prototype Elite Armor set on Taris :-)

but you can do it after you'll ding 50.

and one more hint - don't use Corellia commendations on blue mods.

soon you'll get much better purple mods through Illum and Belsavis H2 dailies.

Instead of mods buy from Corellia Coms Vendor orange offhands (shields, generators, shotguns, vibroblades) for you and your companions!

Edited by pan_sObak