Started seeing "Sorc healer for..." for the first time last night.

Wintor

I went merc heals on a whim starting the game and have been really enjoying playing him. I like the style of healing and coming from years of WoW healing, it seems a bit refreshing.

However, I do have an eye on endgame, and of course now I'm seeing Sorc/Sage are THE healers to take on HM's and OPs. At first I didn't think much of it and figure I'll still find my spot in a raid, which I may (only 34 right now).

Last night fleet chat has me worried though. For the first time I started seeing a TON of requests for Sorc heals. Not asking for a "healer," but a Sorc healer. And of course, I've also started messing with a Jugg tank, and last night all I see is requests for Powertech tank. Ugh.

Anyway, I hope Bioware takes notice and gives the Merc healers a bit of a buff to be competitive. Having been around MMOs for awhile, I know things eventually balance out so I'm not jumping ship on my main yet... but a Sorc healer is looking very appealing right now.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love that to happen as well. Don't hold your breath though. I mothballed my 42 BH healer and re-rolled a sorc ........ I found around 30 that the amount of thisgs you have to do as a healer with the BH was fun, but stupid ... cooldowns and complicated spell rotations for ineffective heals = brutal. Edited by HellionX

I can atest to this. I am a level 50 merc healer and have healed through EV operation and most HM flashpoints. Merc Healing in operations is subpar. We lack the tools a Sorc has, specifically AOE heal and in-combat rezz. Our AOE heal hits 3 randoms, and hell it might hit a person already at full health(errg). However, we heal fine in 4 man flashpoints. But none the less , my alt a sorc is level 40 and trying to get he up to 50 asap. If they would make dual specs more viable I'd keep my merc DPS for PVP and heal for PVE. Instead I'm forced to have 2 characters. fail.

Maybe the tank was a powertech and didn't want to share drops with a merc healer?

I get what you're saying but this wasn't just one LFG request... it was many last night. I've been playing since Christmas and it was the first time I saw this popping up over and over. Could just be a coincidence but I'm wondering if a good number of players are now hitting 50, organizing, and figuring out who the go to classes are already. Kind of reminds me of gearscore but it's class-score.

Anyway, I have a long way to go until 50 and with a little luck a few changes will be made to make non-sorc/sage healers more desirable.

I play a Juggernaut tank and get tons of requests to tank. I group almost exclusively with Merc/Operative healers. Must be your server.

Ya and to be fair it was only one night. Maybe just a fluke. It was just last night combined with all the end game reading on here of how Sorc/Sage heals and PT tanks have the advantage got me thinking I may be leveling the wrong guy/s. Again, these were Ops and HMs requests I'm referring to. Everything else was typical tank/healer requests.

Ya and to be fair it was only one night. Maybe just a fluke. It was just last night combined with all the end game reading on here of how Sorc/Sage heals and PT tanks have the advantage got me thinking I may be leveling the wrong guy/s. Again, these were Ops and HMs requests I'm referring to. Everything else was typical tank/healer requests.

You're fooling yourself if you think that was a fluke.

Don't know about that, I think Mercs are the best single target healers in the game. We struggle a bit with healing multiple people but it's not impossible. Could just be there is a shortage of good merc healers on your server. As a merc healer myself I know we can be good, but we have to work hard for it.

Don't know about that, I think Mercs are the best single target healers in the game. We struggle a bit with healing multiple people but it's not impossible. Could just be there is a shortage of good merc healers on your server. As a merc healer myself I know we can be good, but we have to work hard for it.

Totally agree with you. Not only can they be good, I think they're a fun style to play as well. That's part of the reason I'm not real happy about seeing only Sorc healer requests running through LFG. I really like playing my merc! I don't want to sit on the sidelines with him though.

My point isn't what we as merc healers know or think... it's that we might be seen by the player base as not as desirable to give a raid spot (as stated above, no battle rez being a good reason, and other threads state sub par aoe heals, equal or sub par single target heals. The merc forums spell it out pretty well). Heck, I think if we just had battle rez, and then say, okay, mercs are never going to be great aoe healers, but can main tank heal, I'd be fine with that. We have armor, so I'm willing to give up aoe dominance. Just not basic utilities other classes have that say, "We must have Sorc healer in our raid."

When I start seeing some requests for merc healers specifically, it'll be a happy day.

I went merc heals on a whim starting the game and have been really enjoying playing him. I like the style of healing and coming from years of WoW healing, it seems a bit refreshing.

However, I do have an eye on endgame, and of course now I'm seeing Sorc/Sage are THE healers to take on HM's and OPs. At first I didn't think much of it and figure I'll still find my spot in a raid, which I may (only 34 right now).

Last night fleet chat has me worried though. For the first time I started seeing a TON of requests for Sorc heals. Not asking for a "healer," but a Sorc healer. And of course, I've also started messing with a Jugg tank, and last night all I see is requests for Powertech tank. Ugh.

Anyway, I hope Bioware takes notice and gives the Merc healers a bit of a buff to be competitive. Having been around MMOs for awhile, I know things eventually balance out so I'm not jumping ship on my main yet... but a Sorc healer is looking very appealing right now.

IMO, this forum is part of the problem too...we are creating hype that tells the rest of the community that every other healer is inferior. Congratulations, the community believes you.

nobody have said that merc/combat medic are useless and cant heal fp or op.

we can heal fp or op very well.

but we are calling for fix to the aoe heal,why the sage have unlimited aoe heal and trooper have 3people limited heal?

and why the sage have better single heal when he have also the best aoe?

every heal can heal fp or op but the sage is better on all so this forum is full with post of overpowers sages

Edited by prochuvi

IMO, this forum is part of the problem too...we are creating hype that tells the rest of the community that every other healer is inferior. Congratulations, the community believes you.

People figure these things out for themselves. It's not like someone woke up one day and decided "I'm going to make a post that Sages are better than all other healers" and then it snowballed from there. If you deleted every post on this forum completely and erased everyone's memory of them ever having existed, I'd bet money that in 1-2 weeks it'd already be filled back up with 'Sages are the best healer' posts.

I don't get it? Have you people played all of the healing classes past 30 or 40? I have, Sorc's ARE the best healers FOR PVE and Raids and PVP.

ok sure this or that is a great single target healer bla bla ... so is Mako! For a real healer a true healer for every situation the sorc IS better? Why is everyone denying this and making excuses. What we should be doing is getting on the same team and asking the dev's for a tweak.. I would much rather play my merc he is just more fun. He is NOT as an effective healer though.

Stop all this ... L2P nonscence and everything is fine ignore the elephant behind you. Lets all be truthful and get things worked out .... together!

Admittedly the other healing classes are not wow this is terrible. But they simply are not on par.

The AoE healing imbalance between the classes should be the first thing addressed.

This difference alone causes a big gap. For example, first boss of EV is vastly easier with Sorc healer. In fact on HM/NiM I think it's impossible to do it without one.

Both Merc and Op AoE healing needs to become on par with the Sorc.

Edited by CEAF

I think a part of the issue here besides just toolsets is resource managemnet.

Lets face it Sorc plays like the standard healer from almost everyother MMO(no offense). Their force acts just like mana with the ability to have better regen through willpower.

Ops/Mercs, use an energy/heat system that are just opposite of eachother (loose energy/build heat). This gives us a much harder time in burst situations because of the inherently smaller resource pool.

Now I dont want this misconstrude in anyway I love my new Resource mechanic but it is taking alot of getting use to. I play an OP and managing Energy, TA and stimboost, and Kolto probs, gets a little overwhelming.

As far as the AoE imbalances go its worth looking into but we need some valid ideas for update before calling for fixes.

At the moment for Ops, (cant speak for mercs) we got one 31point talen that is an AoEhot. Only change to that spell to bring it on par with the Sorc would be for our AoE to also refreash our hot we put on people.

Most of the garbage you see in general chat/forums is just hype. Sorcs aren't the best healers, Juggs aren't worthless in pvp, powertechs aren't invincible. Played well all of the classes can succeed at an extraordinarily high level of raiding/grouping/pvp. Just focus on getting good at your class and don't let some idiots perceptions shape your gameplay. You will find groups as a merc healer if you do a good job. Don't sweat it.

Most of the garbage you see in general chat/forums is just hype. Sorcs aren't the best healers, Juggs aren't worthless in pvp, powertechs aren't invincible. Played well all of the classes can succeed at an extraordinarily high level of raiding/grouping/pvp. Just focus on getting good at your class and don't let some idiots perceptions shape your gameplay. You will find groups as a merc healer if you do a good job. Don't sweat it.

And above all, remember that skill > class!

This just goes to show that you never know!!!

Last night, there was a group LF healer for hardmodes that very specifically stated that they were only looking for a bodyguard. They were at it for a good 20 minutes so the fact that they no doubt turned away several sorc/ops while they waited seems interesting to say the least

Edited by Kwyn

Anyoen who has played at lvl 50 can tell you that Sorc/Sage is embarrassingly better at just about everything than the other two healers.

PvE is pretty easy in this game, so right now I've had no issues healing in PvE in HMs (wipes are only ever caused by DPS not getting out enough damage before enrage timers hit).

In PvP though, the difference is much more stark. Sorc/Sage can outheal the other classes, while pumping out 10x more damage AND having huge amounts of utility (Huttball!). If I could insta-switch I would.

First balance patch will be very telling in which direction this game will head...

It's the paladin/ priest problem all over again. I remember nobody wanted my pally to heal for them. Once people figure out how powerful IA healer are.....

People realizing they're powerful would require them actually being powerful. They're really not. They can handle healing most PvE because most PvE doesn't require minmaxing (yet), but there's nothing they can do a Sorc can't do better.

Statistically, theoretically and practically Sorcs ARE the best healers.

Other healers can certainly succeed but they struggle where sorcs are half asleep rolling faces on keyboard. And when it comes to raiding most people want to get loot as easily as possible. Considering this thread is about and the fact I've seen similar it's pretty obvious more and more people are starting to be specific about getting a sorc healer because it's flat out better and easier to run FPs with a sorc.