NIM DP Mechanics bleeding through to SM+M

As per the title, NIM mechanics are Currently Bleeding though to SM + HM Dread Palace.

This is nothing new as it has been a problem every time an Operation as gained NIM difficulty.

Just though I would post this up as I currently haven't seen it listed anywhere.

Blew through DP HM just last night. There were no NiM mechanics present on any fight. No idea about SM. What specifically is the problem?

I have noticed in two separate runs of DP HM that in Calphayus in the first future phase, where the add needs to be killed before getting his 20 second mass affliction cast off that the future Calphayus in that phase deals a lot more damage than it did before 2.8. I don't have a parse or video to back this up, but I assure you that he is dealing more damage. This does not however break the operation, just the healer and tank in that phase need to drink a little more coffee before going in there now. My raid group (a raid group not quite yet ready for NiM DF/DP) still had no issues with it, but a newer group will definitely need to send their better tank, healer, and dps "right left right" on this fight.

This change, thankfully, is somewhat trivial.

Edited by bluecheesebandit

Calphayus has always hit like a truck in hard mode whenever he's in the present and in the first Orange (future) phase.

It's nothing that can't be reasonably tanked and healed, but if your team isn't ready for it, it's pretty easy to get caught off guard.

Calphayus in that phase deals a lot more damage than it did before 2.8. I don't have a parse or video to back this up, but I assure you that he is dealing more damage.

And Onyxia now deep breaths more often! No, DP is unchanged, at least in HM. Did a clear Friday to gear up some new raiders and it was same old, same old.

Edited by Terro_Fett

One of the Mechanic changes we saw bleeding through is Brontes soft enrages @~30% growing in size and then starts firing off consecutive knockbacks, if second tank does not taunt, double knock backs will send you to your death, even then you have to get back quick to re-taunt.

This wasn't a solid bleed through as sometimes Brontes works as intended, but it certainly will make you pay attention. Overcharged Beam or Consecutive Knock Backs.

We did Identify a few other changes bleeding through, but discovery is all the fun.

Hopefully folks will see the light hearted fun to be had and not turn this into a QQ fest; my intention is to merely notify or provide a simple friendly heads up.

Edited by Woodynz

One of the Mechanic changes we saw bleeding through is Brontes soft enrages @~30% growing in size and then starts firing off consecutive knockbacks, if second tank does not taunt, double knock backs will send you to your death, even then you have to get back quick to re-taunt.

This wasn't a solid bleed through as sometimes Brontes works as intended, but it certainly will make you pay attention. Overcharged Beam or Consecutive Knock Backs.

Pretty sure you forgot to pick up Brontes' crystal from his throne before pushing him below 30%. If you do that, he won't enrage. It has been this way since DP came out.

We did Identify a few other changes bleeding through, but discovery is all the fun.

Hopefully folks will see the light hearted fun to be had and not turn this into a QQ fest; my intention is to merely notify or provide a simple friendly heads up.

this is a fail in taking her crystal. about calphayus, the only thing i can see as non scaled for SM is the damage he does to a dps eventually aggroing him (tank sleeping/with slow pc) when you take the portals..but did it last week and all the op was fine..

Pretty sure you forgot to pick up Brontes' crystal from his throne before pushing him below 30%. If you do that, he won't enrage. It has been this way since DP came out.

Had the crystal every time, sometimes you get the buff others you wont, it will just teleport you back to the main floor

Hey that's not even that bad. I've had a jug tank with alacrity and even crit augments (and an aim healer ear piece), but the worst time was when I did this sm 16m df (not as long ago as I would wish) and three players from the same guild were in it, they all had a smorgasbord of crit/fortitude/alactirty/surge/accuracy augments ( no main stat / mit augments) and when I actually mentioned it in raid other people started to defend them saying that there wasn't one right way to gear a toon, and that I was being an elitist pig.

Well I might have been, but that was the stupidest guild I have ever seen.

Haven't been there in over a week, but last time I checked, CZ adds still had boss immunity (they used to not have that) in HM. Dunno if that's been fixed. Additionally, it's been fixed, but when NiM DP first dropped on the PTS, on Tyrans live you got the debuff that requires you to drop down to the lower floor and click on the holocron or be one-shotted.

These happen ever so often without any real understandable reason.