Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

is there a problem with the transfer character service ?

can't transfer a character, i receive this message : There has been an error processing your request, please try again

I'm trying to delete a couple of characters and I can't do that either

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was able to get online for a bit last night and now all I'm getting every time I try is "this application is encountered and unexpected error please try this patch again" what am I to do now :rak_04:

See this guide link

Reboot the PC is the first thing to do

Edited by OwenBrooks

I am still having problems with the game.

After managing to patch the game last night it loads fine, however, the server list is completely empty. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it (bar a complete reinstall), such as a system reboot, internet reboot, launcher repair, deleting the bitraider folders, but nothing works. Any ideas as to what else I could try?

Edited by Iryfindel

I am still having problems with the game.

After managing to patch the game last night it loads fine, however, the server list is completely empty. I've tried everything I can think of to fix it (bar a complete reinstall) but nothing works. Any ideas as to what else I could try?

Immediately after a patch I would look at antivirus and firewall exceptions for swtor.exe (found in a swtor folder where launcher.exe is located)

Best to remove and re-add exceptions initially

Immediately after a patch I would look at antivirus and firewall exceptions for swtor.exe (found in a swtor folder where launcher.exe is located)

Best to remove and re-add exceptions initially

Checked this too and everything was in order.

However, it appears the issue fixed itself. After checking for the antivirus and firewall exceptions I booted the game again to an empty server screen. I went for coffee and when I came back the server list was there. It did not show my characters on said servers (number of characters were all listed as -1), but I could connect to my server (TRE) and my characters were there. Seems they are still having some issues on their dataservice side but at least I am now in the game.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by Iryfindel

Checked this too and everything was in order.

However, it appears the issue fixed itself. After checking for the antivirus and firewall exceptions I booted the game again to an empty server screen. I went for coffee and when I came back the server list was there. It did not show my characters on said servers (number of characters were all listed as -1), but I could connect to my server (TRE) and my characters were there. Seems they are still having some issues on their dataservice side but at least I am now in the game.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for the feedback, onging issues is certainly possible, seen reports of character transfer issues still so back end servers communication may still be affected

Edited by OwenBrooks

First, during our initial validation steps this morning, anyone using BitRaider to update the SWTOR client quickly discovered nothing was actually downloaded. This delayed the opening by about an hour.

It's always Bitraider if something doesn't work with the launcher, login, or patches. ALWAYS!

Really, why do you still insist on using that pile of junk?

Hi Eric - Keith,,

Should we assume the white Accute model will turn off double XP?? I really hope the answer is yes

Highlights

May the 4th – In honor of May the 4th, log in between May 2nd and May 8th to earn your very own M4-Y6 Astromech mini-pet. The Double XP event will also run from May 4th to May 14th!

Edited by Icykill_

Hi Eric,

Should we assume the white Accute model will turn off double XP?? I really hope the answer is yes

Highlights

May the 4th – In honor of May the 4th, log in between May 2nd and May 8th to earn your very own M4-Y6 Astromech mini-pet. The Double XP event will also run from May 4th to May 14th!

Heh.. since he is off now until tomorrow morning.... we will know the answer before he gets around to a response. :D

Probably because it works for the bulk of users?

Really? How? Because Bitraider has only caused me problems; I have never benefited from it. I would actually wholeheartedly recommend any new player (or existing who hasn't already!) simply do the Bitraider-free installation method from the start.

What benefits do YOU gain from Bitraider, and are they enough to offset the wide range of issues linked to Bitraider over the past few years?

I pay for a service. Honestly, I'm not even bent out of shape about this. I'm just pointing out that people aren't happy about the fact that they can't play right now for various reasons, some of them not even reasons one might consider stupid. (For some people this might be there only day off for the week and they were genuinely looking forward to playing. And when you bust *** at work all week and you wanna play the one thing you paid for and it doesn't work? Leaves a bitter taste.)

And also--because pointing out that 'we' don't have to like it is just as silly as pointing out that people agreed to hiccups when they signed on to play the game and paid the sub fee.

You contradict yourself. You want Bioware to bring the servers up at the expected scheduled time, but clearly there is an issue that is preventing that. It sounds as though you were prefer them to bring the server up live with issues still in place, which will then require them to bring it back down to fix, which means additional downtime. Do you want a broken game early, or do you want a fixed game late?

Really? How? Because Bitraider has only caused me problems

Then you don't speak for "most" users. You speak for yoruself.

*Misc ranting and rambling*

No specifics given. Skipping.

What benefits do YOU gain from Bitraider, and are they enough to offset the wide range of issues linked to Bitraider over the past few years?

99% "wide range of issues" you mention are fixed with the sticky at the top of the forums. You're talking about an education issue with folks who hit that New Thread button first before that look at what's in front of them. If you yourself skim the forums, most of those "wide range of issues" are fixed with that sticky. It's not the software's fault people don't look first before hitting that Post button.