Tips for newly subbed (crafting and conquest) and using referral links?

JerryMiks

Hi guys,

I' ve just recently subbed for the first time so I wanted to ask if you have any good tips for me, about crafting or a guild that does the conquest quests. If you are in a guild that completes those (guild that is first or how it works) and you currently don't have time to participate, do you still get the rewards? I haven't tried the conquest with a guild yet so I don't really know much about it.

And about those referral links, mine is "fresh" so I would be glad if someone would use it. :D And I would use theirs.

Thank you :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by JerryMiks

Hi guys,

I' ve just recently subbed for the first time so I wanted to ask if you have any good tips for me, about crafting or a guild that does the conquest quests. If you are in a guild that completes those (guild that is first or how it works) and you currently don't have time to participate, do you still get the rewards? I haven't tried the conquest with a guild yet so I don't really know much about it.

Yes, you must participate in the conquest to get the guild rewards.

If your guild is "successful" in the conquest, you still need to reach the "personal" goal of 50k conquest points in order to get the "guild" reward. Conquest points & rewards are not shared, so if you have multiple characters in the guild, each one of them must hit the "personal" goal if you want each of them to also get the guild reward.

Yep, unlocked - and it caps at 150 per cent, no matter how many more strongholds/rooms you have unlocked. They had to change it a while back because people were abusing the previous bonus method of it having been based on decorations by unlocking a room and filling it with "Basic Metal Chair" decos to max out their bonus, if my memory is certain...

And don't forget that you now get conquest points from any enemy, not just those on "Rampage" planets or listed Operations or Flashpoints, and normal missions as well as (for example this week) Bounty Contract (or Rakghoul or Gree or whatever) missions, so you can play the game and it will still count towards your conquest goals.

Yep, unlocked - and it caps at 150 per cent, no matter how many more strongholds/rooms you have unlocked. They had to change it a while back because people were abusing the previous bonus method of it having been based on decorations by unlocking a room and filling it with "Basic Metal Chair" decos to max out their bonus, if my memory is certain...
Wait ... are you dissing my "House of Chairs" decorating theme? I suspect you don't like my "Used Speeder Lot" one, either. :rolleyes:

I’m a new sub too so you guys are saying to max your conquest bonus you need just one stronghold but with all the rooms unlocked? Decorations don’t matter?

No, to get the full 150% bonus you need 6 strongholds fully unlocked, decorations are not a requirement

I’m a new sub too so you guys are saying to max your conquest bonus you need just one stronghold but with all the rooms unlocked? Decorations don’t matter?

The cheapest strongholds to fully unlock are the Coruscant, Dromund Kaas and Umbara Strongholds. Next comes Nar Shadaa. I would start with those so you don't break your bank. Those 4 fully unlocked will give you a 100% bonus, which is pretty decent.

After that, credit costs go up quite a bit, so you need to save up some moolah.

The cheapest strongholds to fully unlock are the Coruscant, Dromund Kaas and Umbara Strongholds. Next comes Nar Shadaa.
Close, but not quite. Which is cheapest depends in part whether you pay with Credits or Cartel Coins. Either way, Nar Shaddaa is not "next".

Here's the cost in Credits to buy a stronghold and unlock all expansions.:

Coruscant: 1.445M*

Dromund Kaas: 1.445M*

Umbara: 5.415M**

Manaan: 8.375M

Tatooine: 9.5M

Nar Shadda: 10.5M***

Yavin IV: 13M

Rishi: 16.47M

Alderaan: 17.6M

The total cost to buy a stronghold and unlock all expansions with Cartel Coins:

Umbara: 2450CC +3.01M Credits**

Coruscant: 3550CC*

Dromund Kaas: 3550CC*

Manaan: 7000CC

Alderaan: 8900 CC

Tatooine: 10100CC

Nar Shaddaa: 11750CC***

Rishi: 12375CC

*For the past several years, during the Anniversay Event every year, the cost to buy the Coruscant and Dromund Kaas strongholds drops to just a handful of credits, the price corresponding to which anniversary it is. IIRC, the first time this happened was the 4th anniversary, when you could buy them for 4 credits. Last year they were 8 credits. So if you wait till December, you probably will be able to buy them for 9 credits each. I believe the Cartel Coin cost remained unchanged, though.

**Originally, the initial purchase price was just 5000 credits, not the current 3.015M credits, but you had to do the Nathema FP and collect "tokens" to gain access to the room on Odessen to buy the Umbara SH. So in some sense, the cost was ... higher than just 5000 credits. Technically, it still only costs 5000 credits or 50CC to actually buy the stronghold, but you still have to pay 3.01M to get access to the room with the stronghold terminal where you buy it, and there's no reason to get access to that room except to buy the stronghold, sooo...

***During the launch of Strongholds, folks were able to get the Nar Shaddaa stronghold, possibly including some number of expansions, unlocked for free, depending on if/when they were subbed during the run up to the strongholds launch. So for some folks, the cost to fully unlock this stronghold (because they got the SH itself for free, with or without some number of expansions also unlocked for free) was as low as 6.5M credits , or 6825CC. But I don't think new players can get any of it for free.