Purple Lightsaber crystals?

Starrhawk

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the game, playing a level 14 Jedi Sentinel.

I've been using my crew skills to make Lightsaber crystals but I only seem to be getting blue, green and red ones, which is great but what I really want are purple crystals! Are there any in the game, and if so, how do I get them?

Thanks for any information given!

awww, I'll have to wait then. :(

One more question, I made my first Lightsaber today and it said it was a critical success which gave me an augment slot, I was told the Synthweaving skill allows you to make Strength augments but when i checked the Synthweaving trainer skills from 1-400 I couldn't find any Augment skills to learn.

How or where do I get the skill to make the strength augment I need for that slot?

Thanks again :)

Synthweaving can create augments, but you need to find the schematics for these augments to be able to create them. The most common way to get schems is to send companions out on crew skill errands (Mission type; example being Investigation) and when you crit that mission it will often give you a schematic in addition to the default reward.

Slicing also offers augments from tech part missions.

Synthweaving can create augments, but you need to find the schematics for these augments to be able to create them. The most common way to get schems is to send companions out on crew skill errands (Mission type; example being Investigation) and when you crit that mission it will often give you a schematic in addition to the default reward.

Slicing also offers augments from tech part missions.

I dont know much about crew skills either, so, a few questions. Wouldnt you have to drop your skills to do slicing or synthweaving, and then switch back? Do you have to start over once you switch back, or are you at the level you were at?:wea_03:

I dont know much about crew skills either, so, a few questions. Wouldnt you have to drop your skills to do slicing or synthweaving, and then switch back? Do you have to start over once you switch back, or are you at the level you were at?:wea_03:

Yes and Yes

Dropping a skill will always reset it to 1 if you decide to pick it up again, it requires you to be very careful with what you choose to level up. That's why its always good to have a crafting, a gathering, and a mission skill to offer all ends of a broad spectrum; it also helps to ensure all of these three compliment each other.

You can always use alts and send schematics between one another for whoever has the right crafting skill.

Greetings everyone!

Thank you for everyone who has given such great responses! It is always great to see members helping each other out!

We do have some more information about crew skills in our Crew Skill forums. Our Crew Skill Guide Directory holds a lot of useful information such as the following guide that may be of assistance to you:

[Guide] Crew Skills

We hope this helps! :)

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the game, playing a level 14 Jedi Sentinel.

I've been using my crew skills to make Lightsaber crystals but I only seem to be getting blue, green and red ones, which is great but what I really want are purple crystals! Are there any in the game, and if so, how do I get them?

Thanks for any information given!

Ain't purple lightsaber crystals for the Sith Empire only?

Nope. They've always been available for all factions.

There used to be alignment or faction restrictions (I forget which) on other color crystals, but those were removed in a patch recently.

Greetings GXSEVEN!

We just wanted to hopefully assist you with this question with the following information from our Developer Tracker by Principal Lead Combat Designer, Georg Zoeller:

Hi Georg,

First off, thank you for the clarification on this. Much appreciated. Two questions for you on the crystals:

1.) Are the black/orange and black/purple crystals tied to a faction for drops? As in, black/orange (which I have from PTS testing as a Republic player) for Republic, and black/purple for Imperial?

2.) Will artifice be able to reverse engineer these (and other +41s, like cyan, purple, blue/black, etc) to learn the schematic and then craft them? I looked for an RE "tooltip" on PTS and did not see it for the crystals, but was unsure if this was missing on the UI or working as intended.

I sure would like to have a set of the black/purple crystals for my sabers. And on number two, I understand completely if the new tier of crystal colors is not RE-able, to keep some "prestige" to them for running Operations. Would be nice to RE and craft the Rakata/Columi colors though.

1. No. We have done away with the faction restriction that existed for example on the purple crystal and we don't intend to reintroduce them. As such, both colors are available to both factions.

2. We are introducing PvP crafting in 1.2 with a limited set of expertise crystals (blue/yellow crystals) that are exclusive to crafters. Their schematics are obtained via Warzone commendations, as are the materials needed to craft them.

We will likely expand this system in the future, but did not feel like the RNG drive RE mechanic is the right way to go about this for 1.2. A future RE system update that lessens the RNG dependency might open the door to something like what you are describing.

Additionally, you can find the following patch note in 1.2 Game Update Patch Notes on the Official Website:

Vendor

The PvP items vendor now sells Baradium Flux, a grade 7 PvP crafting material used in the construction of Blue, Cyan, Purple, and Yellow Expertise color crystals.

We hope this helps! :)

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please advise if there are Purple PvE crystals available? I know there is a Magenta colour but I would prefer purple for PvE.

Thanks

There are purple PvE crystals (Advanced Purple Eviscerating Crystal, for example), although the purple crystal crafting schematics are pretty rare.

The geologist vendor on the fleet was selling purple crystals pre-1.2, but I do not recall seeing him since 1.2 came out although I have not exactly been looking.

Hi Guys,

Can anyone please advise if there are Purple PvE crystals available? I know there is a Magenta colour but I would prefer purple for PvE.

Thanks

I have a +41 power purple crystal on me (bought from that cheater geologist pre-1.2), so Im inclined to say yes, although the big problem is that the recipes for them are apparently really rare and only drop from endgame bosses. I dont even know which ones.

In other words, the PVE purple crystals are supposed to be rarity reserved for the few. Ill start making them on my server once I get my hands on a recipe.

Edited by Karkais