R.A.W Season 1

Scorpiooooo

Great tournament so far, seems like everyone is having heaps of fun. Thanks for the games last night Legit, sorry about keeping you waiting with that ranked pop against the Imps.

As for the finals, I think a top six is worth considering for next season as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs

You could implement it very easily for a 2 pool tournament as well. For example, Core 1 and Ewok would go straight through to round 2. Then you would have 2nd from Pool 1 play 3rd from Pool 2 and vice versa, so Legit plays Core 2 and Pandemic plays Boss in round 1. Then the winners from those two play, and then the winner of that go on to play the loser of Core 1 and Ewok. Then the winner of that would go on to the grand final.

I'm not trying to be negative either, but I don't agree with all 8 teams making it through to the finals. A top 4 or top 6 would offer more incentive for teams to win their group stage matches, instead of just being used to rank the teams.

I really like this Idea.. I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament.. at least we have a sense of purpose now for winning our games.. I mean we used some of our only set plays against core 2 in the hopes of eliminating them.. but now it seems no matter what we will end up playing them again next week.. and we will not get the chance to play boss or legit..

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just stupid. We win 2 games in the seeding and end up having to play 2 hard games in the semis. If we'd have tanked 0-3 wed just have to play 1 easy game and 1 hard game.

Im all for getting this tournament over and done with before 2.0 comes out. Will most likely quit this game if we don't see a server merge with 2.0, PvP on this server isn't enjoyable anymore.

Edit:

I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament..

Also this, its not too late to fix it.

Edited by MouldyCrow

(Quote Xavier and terminus)

Yeah it would have been good to hit us with those tactics in the finals, even though I'd probably be crying lol

Also even if we did the top 6 finals you would still verse us in the 2nd game(unless legit beat us) so either way you still have to beat us in the 2nd round

Hey all!

If we decide to do this tournament again (Season 2 or more) then we'll definitely look over the finals structure.

If we only have 8 teams then we'll look at a top 6 finals as you've suggested, but if we get a server merger hopefully we could put more teams into the lineup to start with.

Elim Finals Tonight! Woohoo! :D

just want to say that as an imperial player, i think it is piss weak that you wookie leaks kids didnt show up tonight. sure core2 would have spanked you 2-0, but to see wookie leaks players on all day (from 4 hours before your game started), to not make a comment apologising on the forums about not being able to put a team together, and then just not rocking up, is really disappointing.

end rant.

Esky sorry man this is a complete Joke.. we pulled out our only set plays against Core 2 in the hopes that we would either win or lose but leave it all on the field.. but basically you have said here Core 2 these are pandemic's plays now you know all the set plays go and have a rematch against them.. the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****.. what was the point in trying? basically we have the hardest roster through the finals and we get punished for playing well? despite the current roster you need to make it that the loser of pandemic/core1 (pandemic) plays boss or strike team next week.. you have actually made a royal mess of this.. what has been the point in playing the last 3 weeks? it would have been better for us to forfeit and just play this round.. its really that dumb.. we should get a chance to play against a team we have not played.. ie Boss/strike team.. now Core 2 have more experience then us.. and i have no doubt that they will have a way to counter our team.. unlike other guilds we do not have the luxury of playing different players. and we cannot alter our team so you have basically handed them our team list and play book.. and now 50% of our players dont want to play because they feel like they have been screwed over with this structure.. and to order teams based on alphabetical order not by percentage... sorry for the rant but everyone is really frustrated.. not to mention you change some things half way through the tournament but you wont take other consideration half way through the tournament.. People have been complaining about this for the last few hours on team speak thought i should let you know

Esky sorry man this is a complete Joke.. we pulled out our only set plays against Core 2 in the hopes that we would either win or lose but leave it all on the field.. but basically you have said here Core 2 these are pandemic's plays now you know all the set plays go and have a rematch against them.. the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****.. what was the point in trying? basically we have the hardest roster through the finals and we get punished for playing well? despite the current roster you need to make it that the loser of pandemic/core1 (pandemic) plays boss or strike team next week.. you have actually made a royal mess of this.. what has been the point in playing the last 3 weeks? it would have been better for us to forfeit and just play this round.. its really that dumb.. we should get a chance to play against a team we have not played.. ie Boss/strike team.. now Core 2 have more experience then us.. and i have no doubt that they will have a way to counter our team.. unlike other guilds we do not have the luxury of playing different players. and we cannot alter our team so you have basically handed them our team list and play book.. and now 50% of our players dont want to play because they feel like they have been screwed over with this structure.. and to order teams based on alphabetical order not by percentage... sorry for the rant but everyone is really frustrated.. not to mention you change some things half way through the tournament but you wont take other consideration half way through the tournament.. People have been complaining about this for the last few hours on team speak thought i should let you know

Hey Xavier,

I know you spoke at length to EsKy tonight, but it seems that there's nothing we can say that will qualify with you guys - and that's a real shame because you've probably been the surprise packet of the tournament, ranking fourth overall and outranking Core(2) not to mention beating them last week.

You guys are playing Core(1) this week and get the double-chance, so win/lose you continue on through the finals series. Strike Team turned up tonight despite missing a host of their best players (Kaelus, Kong, Azealab, Luca, Stix) and played it for what it is - a fun tournament that the community can enjoy.

I would like to say that I understand your frustration at the prospect of playing Core(2) again, but you've already beaten them once, you have the psychological edge over them.

Core 2 actually said they have a special weapon in mind for us.
That just sounds like trash talk to me! Of course they would say that! You beat Core(2) in a best of 3, so not once, but twice! They would say anything to get under your skin.

We do this tournament so that the community can enjoy watching and playing these games together. Everything we've done has been in the spirit of the game and the interest of fairness, we always listen to the community feedback and take what we can to improve as we go and hopefully with more tournaments in the future. Already we know a lot more about what works and what doesn't.

Best of luck to you guys in the tourney. See you Thursday!

all i can say on the matter is, that from my point of view, the group stage was a waste of time. no-one from either group will play someone from outside of their group until the grand final, which to me, is really stupid. the possibility of being knocked out of the tourney by core(2), after showing them all of the cards in our hands, really does make me mad.

all i can say on the matter is, that from my point of view, the group stage was a waste of time. no-one from either group will play someone from outside of their group until the grand final, which to me, is really stupid. the possibility of being knocked out of the tourney by core(2), after showing them all of the cards in our hands, really does make me mad.

Both games on Thursday are new match ups! And depending on what happens with Legit/Ewok we could see an Ewok v BOSS matchup the following week.

Even if we'd gone with a Top 6 finals series, eliminating the 7th and 8th ranked teams as Bobcowz suggested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs) Pandemic and Core(2) would have matched up in the first round of finals!

Both games on Thursday are new match ups! And depending on what happens with Legit/Ewok we could see an Ewok v BOSS matchup the following week.

Even if we'd gone with a Top 6 finals series, eliminating the 7th and 8th ranked teams as Bobcowz suggested (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_six_play-offs) Pandemic and Core(2) would have matched up in the first round of finals!

well all games other than this thursdays (which will easily be won 2-0 hands down by Ewok and Core(1) any way)

only reason it would turn out that way with the top 6 is because you've used an "alphabetical" ranking system (WTFLOL)... and we're not playing top 6, so i dont see the validity of your point

EDIT:

all this back and fourth "yeah but if this happened, you'd still be unhappy" bull **** is useless because nothing's going to change, and i guess i'm not asking for change. even if i was, its too late now. sure its a free tournament, and sure you've gone out of your way to do an ok job of putting it together. i think we're just expressing our disappointment because not a whole lot has been done right by us, being the 8th team who stepped up to the plate to fill the final spot of the tournament.

Edited by Catta

just want to say that as an imperial player, i think it is piss weak that you wookie leaks kids didnt show up tonight. sure core2 would have spanked you 2-0, but to see wookie leaks players on all day (from 4 hours before your game started), to not make a comment apologising on the forums about not being able to put a team together, and then just not rocking up, is really disappointing.

end rant.

Trust you to open your **** filled mouth and spew forth not knowing the facts.

We stopped reading this thread after our last loss as we believed that we had been knocked out of the tournament and quite frankly this thread started to clog up with nothing but banta and off topic crap.

We lost all of our games. At the end of the last game we were not told of any more to be held the next week nor were any officers or the GM contacted by the guys running the event to let us know that we were playing.

We found out 30 mins b4 hand on our TS via a few pub guys that have alts in our guild, one of them relayed the message to the organisers that we were not aware that we were playing and also that 5 of our 7 in the team were not online.

So, now thats been said, the organisers can contact the officers or the GM of WL in game for the entrance fee.

Thanks for the comp, we had fun.

Edited by Sitholat

^ all im reading is more bull **** excuses. LOL that not one WL player realised that you guys had a game until 30 minutes before the game itself. that's an absolute joke... right?...

not to mention... you "stop reading the post", yet here you are the night of your no show, double checking whether you have or haven't been knocked out? trolololol DERP

Edited by Catta

Trust you to open your **** filled mouth and spew forth not knowing the facts.

We stopped reading this thread after our last loss as we believed that we had been knocked out of the tournament and quite frankly this thread started to clog up with nothing but banta and off topic crap.

We lost all of our games. At the end of the last game we were not told of any more to be held the next week nor were any officers or the GM contacted by the guys running the event to let us know that we were playing.

We found out 30 mins b4 hand on our TS via a few pub guys that have alts in our guild, one of them relayed the message to the organisers that we were not aware that we were playing and also that 5 of our 7 in the team were not online.

So, now that been said, the organisers can contact the officers or the GM of WL in game for the entrance fee.

Thanks for the comp, we had fun.

Hey Pade,

I can understand not logging onto the forums and perhaps we could have messaged the GM's individually to make sure everyone knew the structure - simple miscommunication, it happens. I said to EsKy before the games that you had been such supporters of the tourney, I found it strange we hadn't heard from you.

I'll be in touch - thanks for letting us know exactly what happened, much appreciated.

I don't even really care about the draws - its stupid that you did equal first/second third/forth aplhabetically, since whoever got through was already probably going to play core in the finals it would have been nice to play legit and BOSS too but whatever, everyone plays everyone eventually.

What does piss me off immensely is this new disconnect rule. Zero tolerance after the gate opens is completely and utterly ridiculous. The way Fresk talked about it on the stream tonight is yet another example of the commentators not having a clue about the game. Right up there with "oh no Pandemic have abandoned grass" and "why are these wookie leaks guys standing on the line and not scoring?". It's even more annoying that all the relevant games have been to do with BOSS, you absolutely should have restarted the one where Tinkle disconnected at 530/530. You did reset for BOSS 3 times last week against a team that they were 1 down against. Now its zero tolerance. Where's the consistency?

I'm a network engineer for a living, I can tell you ISPs couldn't care less about doing maintenence in the evening and rebooting routers, people can just reconnect/ refresh their web pages, who cares? Well I guess the random player playing RAW does. It's not anyones fault that Bioware are so **** at making games that they can't implement someone disconnecting from a Ranked game reconnecting to their game. This is absolutely a stupid flaw in this game, one that people have been complaining about since the inception of RWZ.

If you want to change the rules mid tournament thats fine, but I'm out. Its hard enough with stong competion without officials that have no clue and implement stupid rules because one individual on one team couldn't stay connected one week. Have a rethink and apply some common sense please.

I don't even really care about the draws - its stupid that you did equal first/second third/forth aplhabetically, since whoever got through was already probably going to play core in the finals it would have been nice to play legit and BOSS too but whatever, everyone plays everyone eventually.

What does piss me off immensely is this new disconnect rule. Zero tolerance after the gate opens is completely and utterly ridiculous. The way Fresk talked about it on the stream tonight is yet another example of the commentators not having a clue about the game. Right up there with "oh no Pandemic have abandoned grass" and "why are these wookie leaks guys standing on the line and not scoring?". It's even more annoying that all the relevant games have been to do with BOSS, you absolutely should have restarted the one where Tinkle disconnected at 530/530. You did reset for BOSS 3 times last week against a team that they were 1 down against. Now its zero tolerance. Where's the consistency?

I'm a network engineer for a living, I can tell you ISPs couldn't care less about doing maintenence in the evening and rebooting routers, people can just reconnect/ refresh their web pages, who cares? Well I guess the random player playing RAW does. It's not anyones fault that Bioware are so **** at making games that they can't implement someone disconnecting from a Ranked game reconnecting to their game. This is absolutely a stupid flaw in this game, one that people have been complaining about since the inception of RWZ.

If you want to change the rules mid tournament thats fine, but I'm out. Its hard enough with stong competion without officials that have no clue and implement stupid rules because one individual on one team couldn't stay connected one week. Have a rethink and apply some common sense please.

What I said to the organiers (not by abuse but by chatting lolz), was that it should be an auto restart in any match unless the advantage is already taken in game. (A score (Pref 2) ahead in hutball, door capped in voidstar, 2 cap on NC/CW. I see this as the fairest as its not player controlled whether you DC or not. As we had last week 3 DC's (All by different players) if we had only one restart rule we may have lost the round due to bad luck. There's alot on the line here and it would be sad to see any team be eliminated this way.

As for trolling me personally Term think you need to get a girlfiend/boyfriend or something man, or just smoke some **** and calm the **** down. The trolling dosn't even make sense half the time.... You critisize us for vs'ing "pugs" and winning??? You do realise we were in the exact same situaton as Strike Team were tonight when we played Core 1... As 5 out of our core 8 were away. Tbh tonight was the closest we have had to our core team on (6 of us from the core team). I really cbf with you most of the time as you're obviously just mad at the world for some reason, and incase you hadn't noticed I dont play much at all anymore (mainly just comp nights).

And as for the rest of you guys (e.g Cattaa) joining in, if you guys address any issues constructively your generally gonna get better results than if you just constantly throw your toys out of the pram and cry "WTFLOL lifes not fair to us we need to RAGERAWR anywhere we can type".

The way Bobcow etc have brought to the attention of the organisers better ways to improve the comp for next time is the way to go. Kinda obvious IMO.

Now on a lighter note: Wookie Leaks

I also thought Boss to be eliminated before reading the posts on the forums, ask anyone in our guild. If I hadn't looked myself or had people actively engaged in this thread then we may not have shown up either, as I have cutdown about 90% of my Swtor time recently, so I can understand how this could happen.

And to the organisers: Pretty damm stoked you guys have done this, the format IMO is fine as it's the first real comp just to get a feel of how the community want it run, I didnt see any sugestions from any1 on how exactly it should be run until the draw suddenly shifts out of they're advantage. -Haters gonna hate.

Pandemic you guys really should show some grattitude rather than crying like little kids who dropped they're wowwipop.

Without this comp I bet alot of people that are still here after well over a year simply wouldn't be, as the game has gotten pretty linear nowadays.

Peace and love to all, find your happy place :)

EDIT - You do realise our sorc DC'd in the game folowwing Tinkles DC, right at the start of voidstar?

Edited by Marcusftfw

And to the organisers: Pretty damm stoked you guys have done this, the format IMO is fine as it's the first real comp just to get a feel of how the community want it run

Thanks mate, and thanks for the feedback tonight.

When EsKy and I were chatting about it after, I certainly felt that having us try to pinpoint exactly when advantage had been taken in a warzone was a tough call and could cause some controversy. The simplest way at the moment is the spawn gate but I see your point and hear you loud and clear. If there's a way (as per your suggestions) that we can simply and effectively determine a ruleset then we'll definitely look into it, for now and potential future comps.

Whole lot of crap.

I don't give a crap what you think. If you read what I said it has bugger all to do with you and everything to do with the possibility of putting in all this effort just to have a game decided by some network engineer doing some maintenence between 8:30pm and 10:30pm. Not just us, anyone. Having games decided by a randon disconnect is bad for the players and the viewers. Tanking a common sense approach to it over a hardline one makes sense for everyone.

Trolling you is unrelated, I just think you are a tool.

EDIT - You do realise our sorc DC'd in the game folowwing Tinkles DC, right at the start of voidstar?

You also realise that Legit were a better team than yours that night, and disconnects aside they would have beaten you 2-0, they were 1 tick ahead in that 530/530 stalemate.

If Tinkle didn't disconnect or the game was restarted the way it should have been, the Moist would have beaten you 2-0, be 4-2 in the seeding. Pandemic would be clear 4th instead of equal third and would probably be kicking your teams *** in a fortnight instead of replaying Core2.

bladdyblahblah whinge whinge whinge.

holy crap man! i cant believe all this ************, mosus is just getting out of hand lol.

xaiver looks like your guild got in your head, you just reposted what youve already said but raged and made it 10x longer! as i said before top 8 finals or top 6 finals you were still gonna verse us. maybe you should have lost more games like CORE 2 did and then you could have a better match up(jokes). wait even if you did then CORE 2 would be 4th and pandemic would be 5TH... LOL guess whos still versing each other when CORE 2 loses to CORE 1!

and i wouldnt be complaining about the CORE 1 match cause its a freebie and you dont get eliminated.

the hypergate we we won was something we had been working on and you go and give them a rematch.. its actually that ****

also i dont like the way you put it on Icesis like he fixed the games to make it a rematch, thats the way it worked out. if anything you are trying to rage and cry to try and fix the games yourself so you can verse who you want.

heres both his posts lol

POST #1

I really like this Idea.. I think this is a really good format from Bob.. and its not to late to introduce this into this tournament.. at least we have a sense of purpose now for winning our games.. I mean we used some of our only set plays against core 2 in the hopes of eliminating them.. but now it seems no matter what we will end up playing them again next week.. and we will not get the chance to play boss or legit..

POST #2

Xavier / Terminus / Cattaa

From what you’ve been posting tonight, it seems you have two major concerns going forward.

1: The new disconnect rule is unfair/too harsh.

2: The finals draw is not structured properly, thus disadvantaging Pandemic and forcing you to play Core(2) again.

Hopefully the below will adequately address both these concerns.

1: THE DC RULE

There is no sure way for either EsKy or myself to determine which team has a clear advantage in a WZ when a DC happens. And a ‘clear advantage’ is the key phrase. As we saw last week, 45 minutes was wasted trying to get games going in between disconnects.

It’s not just a simple matter of having a rule for resetting as there is the added wait time in between while players reconnect, then the added time of Bioware deciding that two teams queued for ranked still wont start the damn game. The rule needs to account for this as well.

Chatting to Winspec tonight and hearing his suggestions was great and it brought some other ideas to the table. Perhaps there’s a way we can determine that after a specific amount of time into a game (20 seconds / 30 seconds) that it could be reset should a dc happen.

The issue is that there is no obvious solution and it’s something we need to think about. Until then, EsKy and I will run with what we have. If you’ve got suggestions or ideas – please post them here, I’ll happily look at it.

2: THE DRAW

I hadn’t anticipated tied teams and did not have a dedicated percentages method for separating them. Being a casual tournament I did not think anyone would mind us separating the teams the way we have. A few teams voiced opinions about how to proceed next time but none have taken serious issue, until tonight when you posted here.

The best statistics I have from each of the matches are the medal count, and so I have spent the last few hours trawling through every match played by Pandemic and Legit/The Moist and noting down every medal earned.

I then tallied them and found the average medals attributed to both guilds – per match.

To be fair and ensure the order of the bracket, I did the same for Core(1) and Ewok.

As it stands, based on these statistics alongside the win/loss ratio for the games the top four placement remains the same:

Core(1)

Ewok’alypse Now

Legit

Pandemic

As with the WZ DC issue, I will gladly look at other percentages and methods for separating teams in the future. Suggestions are welcome.

:sy_galaxy:

I’m a fan of every team that is playing in this tournament and appreciative to every single player that commits, be it for one match or every week. When you make statements about us not doing right by you as a team, you insinuate that we are actively trying to disadvantage you in some way and that's wrong.

Trolling for fun (I’m looking at you Meds) I get. If you’ve got legitimate concerns, post it, email it, pst me in game – I will listen, but please be respectful.

hahahahahaha thanks for the laughs

could always have me commentate unforuntality ill probably say it how it is

everyone here is a pens head lets head butt each other

EDIT

though i definatly suggest you consider taking pink up on her offer to commentate

she might not be pvp guru but shes pretty good

Edited by Jumpchan

Icesis, regardless of what people say this comp is going great man :) You and Resk are putting out some priceless commentating and really encouraging some top notch PVP! In regards to the draw - there was a little confusion with how it works out (I personally don't full understand but I just go with it). I noticed there was a bit of confusion with the Wookie Leaks game, which lead to them being eliminated but they were good sports and I thank them for the fun games to watch (same to all other competing teams). To the Pandemic guys - you all seem like reasonable guys, but you have to remember this comp was setup and casted by one guy who is doing a darn good job! You weren't the only team that had to try to do well, Strike Team, Wookie Leaks also came into the comp as under dogs and they did an awesome job! As for Legit (formerly The Moist) we never had number for a full team and the only reason we entered was cus my guildies wanted some fun and this was beneficial for our server (and it was, we merged into a larger more active guild :D).

At the end of the day there are always going to be bumps in the road with player organised competitions/tournaments but if you go in the aim to have fun rather than to win you will enjoy it 10x more :) On that note I wish the best to the remaining teams and look forward to more exciting games and the commentary that comes with them. Good Luck all :) !!!